Southern California Southern California

Snow in Temecula?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:54 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Snow in Temecula?

Wow. Never would have thought you would get much snow down there. Been to your car shows in Old Town many times. Newspaper said Old Town looks more like a Colorado resort.

Pictures????...
Old 01-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I'm in Lake Elsinore just north of Temecula. The large-flake flurries we experienced Tuesday night were strangely reminiscent of those we thought we'd escaped when we moved here from Indiana 4 years ago. I had to clear the driveway to ensure we could get in and out yesterday - thought I had left that behind forever. The snowfall did some damage to our xeriscaped yard - still need to assess the total damage after the snow melts. We had 12"-18" icicles hanging from the deck.

Here was the scene at our home yesterday.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:34 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

...and here I am in Menifee, a stone's throw and nothing!!! Just some icy grass...
Old 01-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, ufso, strange how dramatic a little elevation changes things. We are at 2000 ft. At the bottom of the hill at the entrance of our subd just a mile and a quarter down on Grand Ave., they got some but it wasn't anywhere near as heavy as what we got. It's now 70% melted in my yard and the rest of the upper neighborhood today and almost gone along Grand. The plants fared far better than I had hoped so it looks like we survived this one.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:57 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
Yes, ufso, strange how dramatic a little elevation changes things. We are at 2000 ft. At the bottom of the hill at the entrance of our subd just a mile and a quarter down on Grand Ave., they got some but it wasn't anywhere near as heavy as what we got. It's now 70% melted in my yard and the rest of the upper neighborhood today and almost gone along Grand. The plants fared far better than I had hoped so it looks like we survived this one.

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too Ted!!!

Menifee is at 1500' and the Butte (small hill) behind us is at 2500'...but no snow! I'm at a loss for words, but for you...AWESOME!!!

Are you going to start coming to the BLOCK of ORANGE? I have put it on for the last 10 years with Pat and I'd love to have you drive in with me!

Maybe you'll come to The Block on January 25th for the Grand National Roadster Show...the best rides in the USA!!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...of-orange.html

Last edited by ufso; 01-02-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

That looks great - unfortunately, my C5 is in many pieces right now. I'm in the middle of an upgrade. It will be at least a couple of months before it's back together.

Ed

Originally Posted by ufso
Happy New Year to you too Ted!!!

Menifee is at 1500' and the Butte (small hill) behind us is at 2500'...but no snow! I'm at a loss for words, but for you...AWESOME!!!

Are you going to start coming to the BLOCK of ORANGE? I have put it on for the last 10 years with Pat and I'd love to have you drive in with me!

Maybe you'll come to The Block on January 25th for the Grand National Roadster Show...the best rides in the USA!!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...of-orange.html

Get notified of new replies

To Snow in Temecula?

Quick Reply: Snow in Temecula?