Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default FS: CCW C14 Wheels for C6 (non-wide body) with TPMS sensors

BOTH SETS SOLD.

I have two sets of CCW C14 wheels that were on my 2005 C6 Z51. Specs:

Fronts: 18x10 +58
Rears: 18x11 +79

Both of these sets were used for the track but are otherwise in good shape. Posting here in hopes of a local sale. Otherwise I will post to the road racing classifieds. I can deliver to most Corvette Challenge events.

TPMS sensors are included and not older than 2 years. In fact I have a TPMS programmer I won’t need anymore. If you’re interested, I can make a deal on that.

Tires: Both sets have 305/30/18 R888s on the front and 315/30/18 NT01s on the rear. Neither have much life left. It may make sense for a local buyer to want to keep the tires and use for a few sessions but they probably aren’t worth the weight in shipping. (If you’re local, you can have some more R888 scrubs as well).

As you can see from the pics, they have the typical track wear but balance just fine. They worked very well on track. Could they cleaned up to be decent looking street wheels? Probably. Could they be cleaned up to be show wheels? Probably not.

First set are a non-reflective gunmetal greyish looking color. $1,500 plus shipping (local pickup preferred).

SECOND SET SOLD

Second set are “prettier” and have a chrome/natural type finish. $1,700 (local pickup preferred).

Last edited by Grabbed_Crow_Mobe; 03-28-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
I have two sets of CCW C14 wheels that were on my 2005 C6 Z51. Specs:

Fronts: 18x10 +58
Rears: 18x11 +79

Both of these sets were used for the track but are otherwise in good shape. Posting here in hopes of a local sale. Otherwise I will post to the road racing classifieds. I can deliver to most Corvette Challenge events.

TPMS sensors are included and not older than 2 years. In fact I have a TPMS programmer I won’t need anymore. If you’re interested, I can make a deal on that.

Tires: Both sets have 305/30/18 R888s on the front and 315/30/18 NT01s on the rear. Neither have much life left. It may make sense for a local buyer to want to keep the tires and use for a few sessions but they probably aren’t worth the weight in shipping. (If you’re local, you can have some more R888 scrubs as well).

As you can see from the pics, they have the typical track wear but balance just fine. They worked very well on track. Could they cleaned up to be decent looking street wheels? Probably. Could they be cleaned up to be show wheels? Probably not.

First set are a non-reflective gunmetal greyish looking color. $1,500 plus shipping (local pickup preferred).

Second set are “prettier” and have a chrome/natural type finish. $1,700 (local pickup preferred).

PM sent. I live in Ventura and I want 'em! (Just one set. Either will do, but will take dibs on the second set if available.)

Last edited by Magister Ludi; 01-14-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:44 AM
r0nd3L
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you be able to post more pics of the "prettier" set? Hard to tell from photos, is there baked on brake dust that doesn't come off?
Old 01-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Second set (the "Pretty") ones for $1,700 are sold.

Still have the $1,500 set.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Second set (the "Pretty") ones for $1,700 are sold.

Still have the $1,500 set.
Hey you C7 owners looking for track wheels should check this out.

I bought the second set for my C7. My Z51 is lowered all the way on stock bolts and they fit fine. The offsets are identical to the OEM wheels.

The 315's on the rear fit easily within the wheel well. The 305's on the front do stick out about 1/2 inch but no rubbing, inside or out, even after some aggressive turns on the street. Out of caution, I mounted some 295's on the front just for a little extra clearance before my autocross this weekend.

Only caution: The 18" front & back configuuration does disable your traction control, causing the car to go into limp mode. Easily solved by switching off traction control. After that, all is good.

PS: By "second set" I mean the $1,700 set referenced above The other set is still for sale as far as I know.

PS PS: after weekend autocross, I find that these do rub against the brake ducting. Doesn't really cause me any concern, but thought I should mention it.

Last edited by Magister Ludi; 01-18-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: New info.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
Hey you C7 owners looking for track wheels should check this out.

I bought the second set for my C7. My Z51 is lowered all the way on stock bolts and they fit fine. The offsets are identical to the OEM wheels.

The 315's on the rear fit easily within the wheel well. The 305's on the front do stick out about 1/2 inch but no rubbing, inside or out, even after some aggressive turns on the street. Out of caution, I mounted some 295's on the front just for a little extra clearance before my autocross this weekend.

Only caution: The 18" front & back configuuration does disable your traction control, causing the car to go into limp mode. Easily solved by switching off traction control. After that, all is good.

PS: By "second set" I mean the $1,700 set referenced above The other set is still for sale as far as I know.
Great to hear they worked out!!!

And yes, the second set is still for sale.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Great to hear they worked out!!!

And yes, the second set is still for sale.
Hey Kevin, any recommendations on tire pressures?
Old 01-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
Hey Kevin, any recommendations on tire pressures?
The simple answer: I target low 30s for ending temp. 32-34 depending on conditions.

But really, it's tough question to answer properly. I get super geeky about tire pressures. I have a different starting pressure on every wheel depending on the track that I'm at, the direction we're running (CW vs CCW), the tire I'm using, and the ambient temperature. The amount of pressure increase varies greatly based on all these factors. Testing with a pyrometer is the best way to really answer the question.

If you're auto crossing, I assume that you wouldn't pick up as much heat/pressure compared to road racing so that will make you're starting pressures higher.

Like I said, tough question. I hope this helps more than it confuses.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:02 AM
dougrodriguez
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be interested in the last set if it can tuck in my c5 non-wide fenders. Love the wheel and I'd probably piano black them
Old 02-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by dougrodriguez
I'd be interested in the last set if it can tuck in my c5 non-wide fenders. Love the wheel and I'd probably piano black them
The rears will fit. The fronts would probably need a spacer.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Last chance for someone local before posting in racing, C6, C7 sections.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:35 AM
steve J06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Last chance for someone local before posting in racing, C6, C7 sections.
sent pm.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:46 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

are they still for sale? i PM you
Old 03-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Grabbed_Crow_Mobe
Pro

Originally Posted by savage
are they still for sale? i PM you