Southern California Southern California

I may have a 1986 Parts car with a good rear and running motor for $1500 in the next

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:25 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default I may have a 1986 Parts car with a good rear and running motor for $1500 in the next

My brother moved to Colorado in 2003 and it looks like he never did anything with the California DMV so I am trying to get the car title issue resolved but the DMV may want $2000-3000 in back fees to register it and the car is a salvage title which means the car is pretty much good for two things. The track and parts.

It has a pretty shot interior including the cluster so not much money in there for parts minus switches, but the motor runs and the rear axle is good. All the body panels will need to be repainted but non of them are broken.

The motor and rear axle should be worth close to $1500 and I just put a brand new fuel sending unit in it as well as some window regulators and motors off a newer Corvette.

The 700r4 is blown and needs to be rebuilt but the car will move itself forward and backwards so you should be able to trailer it. I looked into moving the car out of state and that may be an option, but as for California I am pretty sure they are going to make sure this car never touches the pavement in this state again as a punishment for not being responsible and paying $15 to non op it.

Quick Reply: I may have a 1986 Parts car with a good rear and running motor for $1500 in the next