Southern California Southern California

Camarillo Auto cross 7/11/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 11:06 AM
LA STIG
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

My researh indicates that Viper guys are excellent at picking up the cones ..........

DH[/QUOTE]

What are these "cones" things people keep talking about?
Old 03-21-2015, 07:33 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
I can't afford to throw another C6Z06 into a wall. I still have a bad neck from my July crash. I'm doing this mostly to be social and give certain guys less amunition in their efforts to make me feel bad for dropping out of the Corvette Challenge .......

DH
DH,

Sorry to hear that the blue car got hurt. I thought you were taking a rest for other reasons. You ran a long time and got a lot faster without upgrading safety gear. There are many things that can be done to reduce your chances of "on track" injury and contact. I am living proof of what well engineered safety systems can do to keep you injury free, having my Ferrari rolled over T2 at WSIR by contact with p-bug and the backend to the suspension of my corvette taken off by a BMW at BRP on Riverside. Both were racing incidents.

That said auto-x is a great compromise but a different game that is not without it's own potential problems. You now will have a new learning curve with auto-x to be safe. There is no free lunch.

https://hpdedriver.wordpress.com/201...-at-autocross/
Old 03-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
DH,

Sorry to hear that the blue car got hurt. I thought you were taking a rest for other reasons. You ran a long time and got a lot faster without upgrading safety gear. There are many things that can be done to reduce your chances of "on track" injury and contact. I am living proof of what well engineered safety systems can do to keep you injury free, having my Ferrari rolled over T2 at WSIR by contact with p-bug and the backend to the suspension of my corvette taken off by a BMW at BRP on Riverside. Both were racing incidents.

That said auto-x is a great compromise but a different game that is not without it's own potential problems. You now will have a new learning curve with auto-x to be safe. There is no free lunch.

https://hpdedriver.wordpress.com/201...-at-autocross/
Thanks for the link. I don't have any plans on getting serious. This will be a social event for me on my PS2 runflats. I sold all my wheels, tires and brake pads.

DH
Old 03-21-2015, 11:01 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

This will be a social event for me on my PS2 runflats. I sold all my wheels, tires and brake pads.

DH
Good for you! "Social" is what it is all about. This year my racecar is spending the year out of California ending the year at the Runoffs in Daytona. Locally, I'll be running a concourse car around local tracks at about 6/10ths just for the fun of it. I hope to see you out there in the future.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:58 AM
LA STIG
Racer

So, does anybody know what "class" we'll be running in? I'm asking so I can pick up letters and numbers before the event. By the way, how big do they want the letters and numbers to be? I want to make sure that I can find my car after picking up these "cones" things I keep hearing about.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LA STIG
So, does anybody know what "class" we'll be running in? I'm asking so I can pick up letters and numbers before the event. By the way, how big do they want the letters and numbers to be? I want to make sure that I can find my car after picking up these "cones" things I keep hearing about.
I will be taping up my car as I expect to blast some cones onto another runway at the airport

DH
Old 03-24-2015, 06:29 PM
LA STIG
Racer

I will be taping up my car as I expect to blast some cones onto another runway at the airport

DH
Well, I guess we'll all be on the lookout for that.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:25 PM
TimFitz
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I guess we'll all be on the lookout for that.
Ok children, lets play nice together.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I sure hope someone can video record all this ... I can't believe I have to miss it, but I hate even more to not see all this 'cone' flying... sounds like the competition is heating up!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
LA STIG
Racer

Uh oh. DH has been practicing hitting the cones. We're all doomed.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:29 AM
LA STIG
Racer

Originally Posted by Evolution-ary
I sure hope someone can video record all this ... I can't believe I have to miss it, but I hate even more to not see all this 'cone' flying... sounds like the competition is heating up!
I'm not sure the video will be all that interesting. These "runs" are about five seconds long and we get like three of them. I'm with DH; this is a "social" thing for me. It will be a surprise if any of us accomplish anything memorable.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

I'm not sure the video will be all that interesting. These "runs" are about five seconds long and we get like three of them. I'm with DH; this is a "social" thing for me. It will be a surprise if any of us accomplish anything memorable.
What are you talking about. Me showing up is memorable enough ....

DH
Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 AM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cones always make for a fun event !
Old 03-26-2015, 01:48 PM
LA STIG
Racer

What are you talking about. Me showing up is memorable enough ....

DH
I stand corrected.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Ryan T 997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im signed up for this too, see you guys there, no need for tape, cone marks come right off,And i am super ****.. I race with speed limit every month, its a well organized event we should all get 12 runs..
Old 05-04-2015, 10:49 AM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the link. I don't have any plans on getting serious. This will be a social event for me on my PS2 runflats.

DH
I'm just coming for the social part too. Some guys get way to serious. I'm just going to cruise around in 2nd gear.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Camarillo Auto cross 7/11/15

Old 05-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
I'm just coming for the social part too. Some guys get way to serious. I'm just going to cruise around in 2nd gear.

Steve
And instruct me

DH
Old 05-05-2015, 10:26 PM
LA STIG
Racer

I'm with a DH here. I watch these auto cross videos and they look indecipherable. There better be some serious clarity when we get there the day of but as of right now I don't think I'll be winning any awards. In fact if I can get out of there without the angry villagers chasing me I'll be happy.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:32 AM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm with a DH here. I watch these auto cross videos and they look indecipherable. There better be some serious clarity when we get there the day of but as of right now I don't think I'll be winning any awards. In fact if I can get out of there without the angry villagers chasing me I'll be happy.
Although I'm not some pro, I can help you guys. We can do a track walk together. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Camarillo Auto cross 7/11/15