Southern California Southern California

Any recommended detailers for black car (san diego area)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Any recommended detailers for black car (san diego area)

My black c5 is accumulating a fair amount of swirls that look really bad under direct sunlight. Does anyone have any recommendations from personal experience? I probably won't be getting it done for a month or two, but I just wanted to know who I should go to in advance to get a black car back to showroom. (Doesn't need to be a mobile detail)

Thanks for any recs!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Guided
My black c5 is accumulating a fair amount of swirls that look really bad under direct sunlight. Does anyone have any recommendations from personal experience? I probably won't be getting it done for a month or two, but I just wanted to know who I should go to in advance to get a black car back to showroom. (Doesn't need to be a mobile detail)

Thanks for any recs!
Contact Dave at http://www.innovativedetailing.com/
Old 03-17-2015, 11:01 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Is there any chance you would be willing/able to do it yourself? You could buy the tools and stuff for around $200 and/or you could borrow enough compound and polish just to do the one job without having to invest in big bottles. You could probably get it done in 6 hours or so give or take with foam pads and a dual action polishing setup.

Admittedly you may have to polish black twice to get out the haze from the compounding-but I have had great luck doing this for the last two years. the products are so specialized it is hard to screw it up.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:48 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

And I have two Porter Cable DA polishers and a host of extra pads. Happy to let one go.

I agree it is easy to do. In fact if you go to You Tube you will find a whole series of shows on how to use each compound from the most abrasive to finishing.

It is a fascinating series of videos. I kinda remember it was either a 3M or Meguiar's series.

I swore off black cars after I sold my 2001 Z06 and then went and bought a 2005 M3 in all black. My own fault, but they look so good when they are detailed.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I used to have a DA polisher with all the pads and products, but I recently sold all of it to make some space and after realizing I REALLY don't enjoy doing to paint correction, etc. I don't mind the upkeep and minor detailing, but after 5 years I kind of want someone else to bring it back to life. Thanks for the advice and offers though.

For the first rec of innovativedetailing.com, I was looking for this level (but preferably more local and in the $200ish range if possible) They do look really good though... so still tempting

The Silver – 3 Step Orbital D/A Detail
Starting at $395.00*

• Full service hand wash using reverse osmosis water and Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo .
• Air blow drying of all surfaces and crevices.
• Removal of all bonded above surface contaminants to include paint, glass, and plastic lenses using our specialized Nanoskin surface prep method.
• Measure painted panels with digital paint gauge meter for paint thickness evaluations.
• Orbital Cut/Clean (step 1) all surfaces to remove most moderate scratches and surface imperfections (75% of imperfection removal).
• Orbital polish (step 2) all surfaces to remove any fine hairline scratches and holograms which will add clarity and maximize gloss.
• Hand wax/seal (step 3) all surfaces using a premium wax or sealant to fully protect and maintain all surfaces.
• Clean & detail door, hood and trunk jambs.
• Clean wheel face and barrels, polish and wax.
• Clean and detail brake calipers.
• Clean, degrease, and condition wheel wells.
• Clean, strip old tire dressings, and apply a rich conditioner to tires.
• Restore all black mouldings, trim, and window seals.
• Clean, vacuum, and shampoo the complete interior and crevices using a ph balanced cleaner.
• Clean, vacuum, and shampoo all carpets and mats using a ph balanced cleaner.
• Condition all leather and vinyl surfaces.
• Clean and polish all glass, gauge clusters, radio and navigation screens.
• Clean and polish all interior wood or carbon fiber accents and trim.
• Eliminate interior odors without leaving an artificial smell.
• Additional fee’s apply for engine detailing.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:18 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Joezone914
Only guy I let detail my Black C5Z and Black C6Z.

Get notified of new replies

To Any recommended detailers for black car (san diego area)

Quick Reply: Any recommended detailers for black car (san diego area)