Southern California Southern California

Cruise, Car Show, Be A Boss Pimp With The Crazy 8s - 4/18/15

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:28 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise, Car Show, Be A Boss Pimp With The Crazy 8s - 4/18/15

The Crazy 8s Car & Social Club is back for spring with another lavish all day car & social experience. If you haven't heard about us, we're the next evolution in car club technology, and we're putting the pimptastic all up in the L.A. car club scene. We don't just show up at various car shows looking all fat and happy, or go on high speed canyon runs where no one can see how dope we are. Here's what WE do:

* - Rock phat whips on dope city cruises that allow the villagers to give us our props!
* - Have hot babes in our crew!
* - Roll up to spots like 14 cars deep looking all boss sayin' "hey, ladies" like we're the mother****in' Beastie Boys!
* - Have brunch and cocktails at the beach while our cars sign autographs in the parking lot and junk!

Our next cruise and social outing is Saturday, April 18th, and we're fixin' to rock the set, son! We invite you to join us, as we kick this lavish car-tinerary to your skull piece:

We'll meet up at the Vette Set 40th annual Corvette and All-GM car show at Ruby's in Redondo Beach around noon. We'll check out the sweet array of cars, have some lunch,and then around 2:30, we'll cruise posse style up to Santa Monica for beachside cocktails at Shutters. Then, around 5:00, we'll cruise up PCH to watch the sunset from the Blue Lounge at Moonshadows!

We invite you to cruise and hang with the car club whose baseball cards your car secretly collects - The Crazy 8s Car & Social Club!

Hit us up on Facebook to join the action!
www.facebook.com/jdbutter
www.facebook.com/torquemob

Last edited by JD Butter; 04-10-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:29 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default Hey I saw the the much appreciated invite that you threw me!

Originally Posted by JD Butter
The Crazy 8s Car & Social Club is back for spring with another lavish all day car & social experience. If you haven't heard about us, we're the next evolution in car club technology, and we're putting the pimptastic all up in the L.A. car club scene. We don't just show up at various car shows looking all fat and happy, or go on high speed canyon runs where no one can see how dope we are. Here's what WE do:

* - Rock phat whips on dope city cruises that allow the villagers to give us our props!
* - Have hot babes in our crew!
* - Roll up to spots like 14 cars deep looking all boss sayin' "hey, ladies" like we're the mother****in' Beastie Boys!
* - Have brunch and cocktails at the beach while our cars sign autographs in the parking lot and junk!

Our next cruise and social outing is Saturday, April 18th, and we're fixin' to rock the set, son! We invite you to join us, as we kick this lavish car-tinerary to your skull piece:

We'll meet up at the Vette Set 40th annual Corvette and All-GM car show at Ruby's in Redondo Beach around noon. We'll check out the sweet array of cars, have some lunch,and then around 2:30, we'll cruise posse style up to Santa Monica for beachside cocktails at Shutters. Then, around 5:00, we'll cruise up PCH to watch the sunset from the Blue Lounge at Moonshadows!

We invite you to cruise and hang with the car club whose baseball cards your car secretly collects - The Crazy 8s Car & Social Club!

Hit us up on Facebook to join the action!
www.facebook.com/jdbutter
www.facebook.com/torquemob
You guys seem like a good group! Maybe one of these days I will join one of the events!

My good C2 car, naturally I have turned it into a bigger project than what I originally planned and put my driver C3 in non-op just to save on costs (insuring etc.) to help with the cash flow. I have my 63/4 racer all up on jack stands still, but making progress, I just yanked the 200 speedo and 10k tach to reengineer those cleaner into a non-butchered C2 dash I just picked up! I got side tracked with the lost of my Brother"s 1967 Porsche 911S 2.8L 300+hp race car (30 year ownership) and gone! We have been working on a replacement 1973 full race RSR, which is making him feel better. I am also contemptating helping my Father take his 1968 C3 down to the San Diego show in May if I can find any extra patience, but I already anticipate that he will upset the organizers as usual and be asked to leave! He is 81 now and has no manners and neither does his car! One of my brother's because of my Dad's bad eyesight, installed the ugliest space aged lighted toggle switch board in the shift tunnel, so he can see if he left things running, and a column mounted tach, and some other mods not to my tastes, so I may have to stand or sit somewhere else at the show, so no one thinks that I had anything to do with those mods! Yuck! But our cars generally don't handle City traffic well. In the future, I won't mind doing some runs, if we can get away from civilization! The last group run I did was heading up to Willow Springs with a Hennessey Viper, 427 S/C clone, a 1969 L88 racer, twin Turbo 911, Mallet? C5, and the like! It was a good group blast. I think you guys are exclusive V-8 runners?

Thanks for considering me worthy for an invite! I like the cars that you guys run with!!!!!!!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 04-14-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Axiomiat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

What is the rite of passage process to be knighted into such a faction?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if anyone from the Valley wants to cruise down to Redondo together let me know. A couple of us are going to meet by the 405 and Ventura blvd around 10:30-11am
Old 04-15-2015, 11:56 PM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Axiomiat
What is the rite of passage process to be knighted into such a faction?
just show up at one of our meet up spots and join in the shenanigans.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:01 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I"ll be around and hope to kick a few tires .

Since I live in the area, I will be riding my GM bike, given to me in a drawing back when saturn was sponsoring a bicycle racing team.

I do like your idea for a cruse, and can always enjoy more friends, but will just walk over to the pier and have lunch with a beach break ocean view at Barney's ******y. Just bar food, easily bettered close by, but the place has lots of seating with beach break views, and fancy beers. Some of the local best if I remember correctly.

Hope to see you guys there.

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise, Car Show, Be A Boss Pimp With The Crazy 8s - 4/18/15

Quick Reply: Cruise, Car Show, Be A Boss Pimp With The Crazy 8s - 4/18/15