Southern California Southern California

Pics from the Vette Set GM Show 4/18/15 [PIC HEAVY]

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pics from the Vette Set GM Show 4/18/15 [PIC HEAVY]

We rolled down to the Vette Set's GM show at Ruby's in Redondo last Sat and I wanted to share some of the pics.

Lizz & Izzie:

Lizz & Izzie with their badass Vettes

The Crazy 8's Crew

And a little bonus vid, unfortunately my GoPro took a dump so I was limited in the footage I could get.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:36 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Thanks for posting the pics, I enjoyed them, saw a few cars I missed , and thought it captured some of the scope and flavor of the event. Kind of incredible to see the crazy eight crew, under fifty and no pot bellies at a car show.

I got my old self down there a little late, as usual, and checked out a lot of cars, my favorite being a nice An and A supercharged yellow convertible that won the modified C5 class. It was everything my car wants to be when it grows up. But it was a long way from the nicest there, Some of the car I saw were deep money, and done in a tasteful way.

I was surprised to see a couple of trailered cars leaving as I arrived, the show is growing every year. I finished my show by watching a guy in the parking section pitch a sale of his brand new C7, I guess it had everything, the seller looked like a full boat kind of
guy. Said he was selling because, honestly, the car scared him, and his son is almost driving age, I thought his story interesting. Said he had some other vettes and cars, but not like this one.

I then strolled over to watch the waves and eat a salad while a guy sang and played the ukulele. Sometimes he threw in some soul, but mostly stayed easy listening paycheck lunch music.

See you guys down the road.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:46 PM
SCIronMike
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 PM
JohnsC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics! Looks like a good show.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:20 AM
chevyc6z51
Burning Brakes

Anyone else notice the c6 with c7 head lights on the 6 pic down ? It's the blue c6 in the background ?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
b_pappy
Melting Slicks

Location: the GOCC are everywhere, even back from "band camp"
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how we missed each other, I had my Adam's booth there. Thanks for posting the pics though as I barely got out to see the cars. Interesting show, and a nice venue.
Bruce
Old 04-27-2015, 03:22 AM
Architect
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by strand rider
Thanks for posting the pics, I enjoyed them, saw a few cars I missed , and thought it captured some of the scope and flavor of the event. Kind of incredible to see the crazy eight crew, under fifty and no pot bellies at a car show.

I got my old self down there a little late, as usual, and checked out a lot of cars, my favorite being a nice An and A supercharged yellow convertible that won the modified C5 class. It was everything my car wants to be when it grows up. But it was a long way from the nicest there, Some of the car I saw were deep money, and done in a tasteful way.

I was surprised to see a couple of trailered cars leaving as I arrived, the show is growing every year. I finished my show by watching a guy in the parking section pitch a sale of his brand new C7, I guess it had everything, the seller looked like a full boat kind of
guy. Said he was selling because, honestly, the car scared him, and his son is almost driving age, I thought his story interesting. Said he had some other vettes and cars, but not like this one.

I then strolled over to watch the waves and eat a salad while a guy sang and played the ukulele. Sometimes he threw in some soul, but mostly stayed easy listening paycheck lunch music.

See you guys down the road.
Hey dude, I took home 1st place for C5 modified but I'm not a convertible
This the one?
Old 04-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Mrheemz
Heel & Toe

Was a blast to roll with the crazy 8's.

Turning heads and looking good.
BOOM.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 PM
2010BlueGS
Melting Slicks

NICE photos!!! THANKS for sharing!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:14 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
Hey dude, I took home 1st place for C5 modified but I'm not a convertible
This the one?
I didn't want to embarrass you with the fact that you put all that effort and money into a hard top, so tried to hide the truth for the sake of your reputation.

Seriously,

I congratulated you in person, briefly, as you walked back to your car. It seems you and I have similar tastes, as all the stuff that you have done to your car would be what I would want to do to my car. So you might want to step it up, it can't be that good when an old man thinks your car is "just right". PLus I can't even remember the body style, another strike against my judgement.

In truth I was looking at the motor, tires and wheels most of the time. Another yellow vette with an A and A supercharger used to show there once in a while and his installation seemed less sophisticated, different.

Truth be told, I do think your body style is the most attractive, but I favor convertibles and all that stuff that comes with them.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Z28STYLE23
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really gotta make it to one of these.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics from the Vette Set GM Show 4/18/15 [PIC HEAVY]

Quick Reply: Pics from the Vette Set GM Show 4/18/15 [PIC HEAVY]