Southern California Southern California

2014 C7 Auto Memory Seat Fix??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:56 AM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Default 2014 C7 Auto Memory Seat Fix??

I have a 2014 C7 with manual trans. It was made prior to some reprogramming of the Auto Memory Recall system on the driver's seat and I have to manually move the seat each time I get in the car. I know there is a fix out there for this as many on the Forum have shown (there are even videos on it).

My dealer, Win Chevrolet in Carson, refuses to acknowledge the existence of this fix after two service visits and an extensive email detailing the fix to their service department. Has anybody in SoCal had this done? If so, where?

GM Doc Below
------------------------------------------

GM now has a fix for the seat memory issue. Pi 1245 Dated 5/20/2014 for cars with manual tranny's. Doc # 3829637
"2014 Chevrolet Corvette | Corvette VIN Y Service Manual 5533811 | Document ID: 3829637
Some customers may comment that the memory seat moves to the stored memory seat position when the door is opened. Customers would like the seat to move when the ignition is turned on just like the automatic transmission equipped vehicle.
Recommendation/Instructions
Reprogram the seat memory control module with the latest calibrations available on TIS2WEB. Refer to Seat Memory Control Module Programming and Setup (Driver Seat) in SI.
Once the new calibration has been installed, an additional menu option will be available under the remote recall menu found under the "Vehicle", "Comfort and Convenience", "Auto Memory Recall" menu and the new selections are “Off”, “On - Driver Door Open”, “On - At Ignition On.”
Note: For the remote recall memory seat feature to operate, the parking brake must be applied.
Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
Labor Operation Description Labor Time
2810875 Driver or Passenger Seat Adjuster Memory Module Reprogramming with SPS Use Published Labor Operation Time
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information."

Quick Reply: 2014 C7 Auto Memory Seat Fix??