Southern California Southern California

May 24th-'Vette Roundup @ The Block of Orange

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Rixx
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
Should be a real nice day...a real nice day!!!
Looks like the weather's gonna be great
Old 05-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Danlb
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rixx
Looks like the weather's gonna be great
But it wasn't to be! Mountains were shrouded in clouds so Sparky called it off. Several of us met at Denny's in La Verne anyway and had a good time admiring each others cars and making new friends. Chris and I decided to try to make it up to Mt. Baldy from Upland only to hit fog just above San Antonio Heights and aborted our run. Sparky made a good call! Anyway it was an enjoyable morning with new friends. Let's try it again soon!
Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Danlb
But it wasn't to be! Mountains were shrouded in clouds so Sparky called it off. Several of us met at Denny's in La Verne anyway and had a good time admiring each others cars and making new friends. Chris and I decided to try to make it up to Mt. Baldy from Upland only to hit fog just above San Antonio Heights and aborted our run. Sparky made a good call! Anyway it was an enjoyable morning with new friends. Let's try it again soon!
Hey Dan,

That was the only time that I can remember that a run was called off.

Bryon, owner of a beautiful yellow C-6 ZR1 who came to meet us at Denny's had driven up to Mt. Baldy Saturday in his 4x4 confirmed that it was fogged over. I was really looking forward to the world's best pastrami at The Hat after the cruise. Glad you and Chris tried anyway. Beautiful 'vettes you both have.

Anyway, Mt. Baldy will be our run in June when the weather will be beautiful and sunny...like the surface of the sun!!!

Thanks to all that showed at The Block and it was great to see a few of the I.E. guys/gals...Vince, Keith and their wives...and some newbies!

I hope Matt and doc took some of you on a mini cruise thru the O.C. and did something with your overcast Sunday morning...crazy weather we're having.

See everyone in June..."TO MT. BALDY AND BEYOND!"

Sparky
Fearless Leader
Old 05-25-2015, 12:48 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

There were six of us that went thru Santago canyon to Mission Viejo. The further we got into the canyon the wetter it got. So, it was a good decision by Sparky to re-schedule for next month for Mt. Baldy.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:46 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Dirt dust is easier to clean than oil and grime!!!

Quick Reply: May 24th-'Vette Roundup @ The Block of Orange