Southern California Southern California

First new car...ever

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Default First new car...ever

So the other day I received confirmation of a TPW: 05/11/2015. I haven't fully committed but was ordered how I would want it. Didn't go with Z51. Just a base with ZF1 since I would daily drive it. I currently have a C6. Which was my 2nd Vette.

Do I go through with it....hmmmm....

Will be a fun daily driver, can't imagine letting it sit all week. Intend to keep it stock. Anyone else out there buy one for a daily driver but start with a new one?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would not base my decision only on Corvette Forum feedback. Go to the dealer and test drive both the C7 Z51 and the C7 Base model. You will be spending an additional $1800 for many extras since you opted for the ZF1 package. You will get the transmission cooler, differential cooler, dry sump system, Z51 sway bars, Z51 shocks, Z51 gear ratio, limited slip differential, etc. for $1800 ... it's a deal! But, it's your car and your decision.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keith N
I would not base my decision only on Corvette Forum feedback. Go to the dealer and test drive both the C7 Z51 and the C7 Base model. You will be spending an additional $1800 for many extras since you opted for the ZF1 package. You will get the transmission cooler, differential cooler, dry sump system, Z51 sway bars, Z51 shocks, Z51 gear ratio, limited slip differential, etc. for $1800 ... it's a deal! But, it's your car and your decision.
Thanks. I picked the ZF1 because I just like the look of the spoiler and the wheels. I wasn't interested in the upgraded Z51 brakes due to the dust. Sure, I could have changed brake pads. Don't really need the other Z51 options because I never intend to track the car. Those options in my opinion aren't really necessary for a commuter car/daily driver. Then again, most options that make even a base Corvette what it is aren't necessary for a daily driver.

For once I intend not to mess with the car I'm driving. I've always installed mods that would have voided warranties in the past. So always bought used to begin with so its not even a consideration - in the past.

I guess what I wasn't clear about is that it is intended as a daily driven car. I was wondering if anyone else out there bought one for that purpose and what they went with. I still have 4 weeks and can change my mind after the fact for a different car. The dealer/salesperson I'm working with I've purchased my prior used Corvettes from. He knew I wasn't entirely positive about buying a new one for once. So he ordered it how I would if I was fully in this. Then has offered me first right of purchase or refusal when it arrives.

Thanks for the feedback however, it is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:55 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Thats a heck of a buying decision, my only criteria is the top going down, cars are so capable today, it would be hard to get a bad one. Sounds like an enjoyable situation.

I wouldn't worry about daily driver status, as I said, new cars are good and you are buying at or near the top of the market, 2015 style, so no worries. As a matter of fact, I saw a guy offering his new supercharged corvette for sale at the recent Corvette show in Redondo. Said it scared him, plus he had a young man at home with a new license, never a good combo. You can over buy this product easily, according to that guy. It is certainly more car than I need or would want to support.

All the best with your buying decision. I like old cars, but the traffic today requires absolute durability , so kind of a conflict with the real world if you run old stuff
Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

TPW is 5/11/15

G8G arctic white
193 jet black mulan leather interior
DTW carbon flash hood stinger stripe
M5U 8-speed automatic
NPP exaust
Q7T black wheels
TTV carbon flash-painted spoiler, rear and outside mirrors
EYT carbon flash badge package 2LT A8
CC3 transparent roof pannel
J6F red-painted calipers
ZF1 appearance package

Should be a fun daily driver and a fun first new car
Old 05-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Born on 5/12/15, received my VIN today. Now the wait is worse that I know the car exists and not just on paper.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:53 PM
dcowles
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 68 Posts

I use mine as a half time daily driver (I drive a lot) and average 30K/year. I am keeping my C7 at 15K/year (have had it since November 14).

You'll love it for daily driving. I look forward to driving it all the time. I drive with the targa top off when the weather is warm. From what I have read, you might want to get a transparent top shade as it gets pretty hot in the car without it with the transparent top. I have the stock painted carbon fiber top so this isn't an issue.

The only real option that I wished that I had gotten was the performance exhaust. I got the stock exhaust and it was fine, but the performance exhaust gives the car a nice sound (and a little bump in power). I ended up installing the performance exhaust in mine after the fact.

Have fun with it.
Dan
Old 05-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Found out today I am at event code 4200!
Old 05-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Nomomoney
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I had the opportunity for such a dilemma. I was in my '09 Vette this morning on the 210 W/B freeway and along comes up a C7 right next to me. Same color shade as mine, although the names are different (Crystal Claret Tricoat). Just a beautiful car......

Stick to your guns and take possession!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:10 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 311 Likes on 200 Posts

Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DethMetalVette
Stoked to see another metal head in SoCal on CF!
First song on my main playlist is "War Eternal" by Arch Enemy.

Get notified of new replies

To First new car...ever

Quick Reply: First new car...ever