Southern California Southern California

Mark Christopher Chevrolet...stay away!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Magneson
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mark Christopher Chevrolet...stay away!

Do yourself a favor, if your getting your Vette serviced, stay away from Mark Christopher, they just did a hack job on my Corvette and it took 5 days for Antelope Valley Chevrolet to correct and finally repair the AC in my car. See thread here for details.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...igh-speed.html

Forewarned is forearmed.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:18 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

Add Simpson Chevrolet, garden grove, to the list.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Magneson
Le Mans Master

So to all you vette owners out there, on another thread someone said that the only truly qualified vette mechanics are the ones that got certified on the zr1. If the dealer can't sell the Zr1 then you may be getting less than certified work...? Thoughts?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:21 AM
Poltergeist
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Could also ask if they have a GM Certified World Class Technician. They have been trained on all of the vehicles GM sells except for the big 5 ton or so trucks.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Donny Yorke at Rydell Chevy Northridge is GM World Class Certified Technician

They solved lots of typical Corvette issues from Clutch chatter/shudder, to Harmonic Balancer, to recalls and even Delco battery past 2yrs.

Even their paint shop gets good reviews in search of "LA Body Shops" on this forum

So Cal owners should pay them a visit; esp, if other dealers cant solve your issue.

Seen ZR-1s from 90s to '13 in service bays too.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:44 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

^^^^ Agree, Rydell took care of a wide array of warranty work for the previous owner of the last C6 I had...If I would have saw everything they fixed on that car I would have never bought it but its gone now/
Old 08-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Magneson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Kevin_NYC

They solved lots of typical Corvette issues from Clutch chatter/shudder, to Harmonic Balancer, to recalls and even Delco battery past 2yrs.

Even their paint shop gets good reviews in search of "LA Body Shops" on this forum

So Cal owners should pay them a visit; esp, if other dealers cant solve your issue.

And I would like to add Antelope Valley Chevrolet to the list of "qualified" repair shops, they fixed mine and a 5 hour road trip in 100+ heat verified the repair. Its good to have my car fixed!!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:30 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with you about Donny Yorke. He is the only tech that services my Corvette. He is in great demand so it is recommended you set up an appointment for Donny to service your Corvette. By the way, he does not do oil changes anymore. He trained another tech for that job. For that appointment call Service Advisor Joe Reghetti. The wait could be several days to a week or so.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Magneson
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ETHYL
I agree with you about Donny Yorke. He is the only tech that services my Corvette. He is in great demand so it is recommended you set up an appointment for Donny to service your Corvette. By the way, he does not do oil changes anymore. He trained another tech for that job. For that appointment call Service Advisor Joe Reghetti. The wait could be several days to a week or so.
Donny put a new 2nd gear and fixed the Synchromesh 1st to second. They do good work. Took a few weeks but no issues in about 2 years since they fixed that.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:25 PM
flashback
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can no longer be sure that donny will do the work on your car, even if you make a reservation for him. It seems that the service mgn. no longer honors your request. This was brougght up at our club meeting last weekend by one of our members, who had two of his friends have their corvetts worked on at rydell last month. They had reservations for donny to work on thier cars only to find out from donny that he was not the one who worked on thier cars.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:18 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree. I go to them for my service needs. For Donny Yorke to service your corvette, an appointment has to be made with the Service Advisor. Ask for Joe Rrighetti. Last I knew, Donny Yorke and Joe Righetti work schedule is Tuesdays thru Saturday

Get notified of new replies

To Mark Christopher Chevrolet...stay away!

Quick Reply: Mark Christopher Chevrolet...stay away!