Southern California Southern California

Service Center recommendation in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 03:53 PM
LGn
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Center recommendation in Los Angeles?

Hi,

Not sure if I'm putting this up in the best forum area, but it's time for a service call (c7 is my first Corvette), and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations or advice regarding good service centers in the West Los Angeles/Los Angeles area?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:57 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Probably best posted in the SoCal Regional subforum, but whatever, no big deal. You'll find that everyone has their favorites for one reason or another (or they avoid a place that others may love).

I personally live in Redondo Beach and take my car to Martin Chevrolet in Torrance. They weren't the most knowledgeable on vettes right of the bat, but the thing I like about them is that they listen to me and they have EXCELLENT communication. (which is more than I can say from Win Chevy in Carson, I don't go there anymore, ) I've had my car serviced at Martin a few times for recalls, free oil changes, etc... They don't always have the correct info (I bring in hard copies of TSBs and recall notices) but they always work with me and get it right. No Mobil 1? TSB... New Roof Hardware? TSB... M7 Seat Memory Fix? TSB... Even replaced my center armrest cover under warranty when the leather bubbled, no questions or hassle. They also always treat my car right (and for those paranoid about service tech joy rides, the mileage is always right where I left it).

Also, I've heard some guys like Bunnin, but they did a number on my C5, so I'm never going back there. Your results may vary.

Last edited by mdiiulio; 12-29-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:02 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LGn,

Make a drive out to Rydell in Northridge. Ask for Donny to perform your work. His work is excellent and he knows everything about a Vette. He is a great guy, and he competes in the Corvette Challenge too.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:34 PM
SRuizV
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

American Heritage in Harbor City.
Talk to Kohle.
I have been there a couple of times and very happy with his service
Old 12-31-2015, 01:20 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
LGn,

Make a drive out to Rydell in Northridge. Ask for Donny to perform your work. His work is excellent and he knows everything about a Vette. He is a great guy, and he competes in the Corvette Challenge too.
I second the recommendation for Donny Yorke who is a master Corvette tech. Rydell is great. My service advisor is David Joslyn - a no-nonsense guy who has been in the business for years. Treats me great and is honest. I asked that Donny perform an alignment and he told me Donny generally doesn't do alignments but that their guy is excellent and guaranteed my satisfaction. The alignment to Pfadt street specs was right on the money and better than the previous one performed by the so-called experts at Discount Tire.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:02 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I also live in redondo, and have had some small experience when buying parts only from Martin Chevrolet.

When I broke a no longer available plastic vacuum fitting, they gave me another small part, at no charge, which could be adapted for my needs, and works fine. A small"L" shaped fitting with a different sized openings on each end, the one everybody cautions about when working with the oil pressure sender. To this day I do not know where it ends up, but the replacement part got my car back on the road.

The only objection I ran into was when buying a spare key. I asked for one at Martin and was told it would be $130 (or $150 , I left so fast I didn't take good notes.) When I voiced my price objection, the fill in guy said , " yeah , but you need a key to use the car" I suppose he is more effective on other days.

I went to Kia down the road , (when it still had a chevy sign, so it was a while ago) and got a copy for thirty dollars. Because I knew the replacement options from posters here, I wasn't going to kick down much to get a key , when blanks are cheap on the web and easily cut around town. .

The southwestern corvette club holds meeting there , at the
Kis store, or used to. I don't hit many meetings on my day off, but the people were extra nice and very welcoming.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:39 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

We are a Corvette Specialty shop.
Corvettes and LS engines is all we do.

We work with GMPP and many other aftermarket warranty company's. We even do specialty work for some of the local GM dealerships.

American Heritage Performance
310-326-2399
or
HP@americanheritageperformance.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/american-her...y?osq=corvette
Old 01-23-2016, 06:47 PM
Big Jay E
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
LGn,

Absolutly the best.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Rydell Chevy in Northridge

Donny York - Master Corvette Tech

Dave Joslyn - Asst Svc. Mgr

From oil service, to major warranty to body work

Get notified of new replies

To Service Center recommendation in Los Angeles?

Quick Reply: Service Center recommendation in Los Angeles?