Southern California Southern California

Dealer recomendation request for Emissions Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:12 AM
AGFNTB
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dealer recomendation request for Emissions Recall

Any recommendations for a good dealer service center to perform the catalytic converter recall on my 2008? I live in Huntington Beach, but have never taken my Vette to a dealer for service.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:49 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by AGFNTB
Any recommendations for a good dealer service center to perform the catalytic converter recall on my 2008? I live in Huntington Beach, but have never taken my Vette to a dealer for service.

I had Irvine Chevy do the reflash on my early build '09, but I had to bring in the TSB to educate them on the subject. I had more confidence in Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa for regular service like oil changes, etc.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by AGFNTB

Rydell Chevy in Northridge has master Corvette tech Donny Yorke.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Jon2kZ
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

I took mine to Connell for the recall of Catalytic Converters, computer reflash and Headlight wiring and they had it done in a few hours. I did call ahead though to the service dept and they checked the VIN and ordered the needed parts, once the parts were in they called me to arrange a day to come in and it was all good.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I had mine done a Connell also. They had the parts in stock and took care of it quickly. Max has taken great care of me... All service writers are not created equally.

Definitely avoid Delillo in HB. I used them for years and always put up with the fact that it took them at least three return trips to get anything fixed. The last straw was when they tried to get my warranty voided. I had to fight with GM for a month to get it reinstated.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
The last straw was when they tried to get my warranty voided. I had to fight with GM for a month to get it reinstated.
That's just pitiful...were they mad you had a K&N intake or something stupid like that?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
That's just pitiful...were they mad you had a K&N intake or something stupid like that?
The sequencing of my top stopped working and I had my car into Delillo about 10 times to get it fixed. They were never able to fix it. They got tired of trying so they had GM void my warranty by telling them that my roof was removed from the car when my removable roll bar was installed. I had to fight with GM for a month to get them to reinstate my warranty. I finally got GM to call the shop who installed the roll bar who confirmed that the roof was never removed. GM had me work with Max at Connell Chevrolet and they had the car fixed the same day. I have been bringing my Corvette and Suburban back to them ever since and they have always fixed them right, the first time.

Charley
Old 02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
The sequencing of my top stopped working and I had my car into Delillo about 10 times to get it fixed. They were never able to fix it. They got tired of trying so they had GM void my warranty by telling them that my roof was removed from the car when my removable roll bar was installed. I had to fight with GM for a month to get them to reinstate my warranty. I finally got GM to call the shop who installed the roll bar who confirmed that the roof was never removed. GM had me work with Max at Connell Chevrolet and they had the car fixed the same day. I have been bringing my Corvette and Suburban back to them ever since and they have always fixed them right, the first time.

Charley
I'm about 3 miles to De Lillo, I have to go along with Charley. It seems they can't get much of anything fixed the first time. I could write a book... Blah Blaw..
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Irvine Chevy
Name change only it seems, from MacPherson. Best thing for my Vette was its exit from warranty when these clowns never touched it again! Magically, the car's problems ceased!

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer recomendation request for Emissions Recall

Quick Reply: Dealer recomendation request for Emissions Recall