Southern California Southern California

Body Work Fix: Passenger Side Light on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 12:36 PM
foxieroxie007
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Work Fix: Passenger Side Light on a C5

Hey guys! I'm brand new here and doing some searching around and need help with a specific issue.

I was in an accident, and my right passenger side got banged up by the careless driver (left turned into me).

I have an autobody guy who has been doing my cars for years, and he has been working on this car... FOR FIVE MONTHS.

I'm at my whit's end right now, he's about done, but still having trouble with the right light coming up and down when headlights are turned on. This has been his issue for the most part with how it was damaged.

He's saying now that the way it's installed it's rubbing on the body and he has to do another tweak to fix it. I just want my car back now, and would rather have someone else complete this.

He's a family friend, EXTREMELY skilled, really fixed the damage to the fiberglass beautifully, this is now the only issue.

Can anyone recommend a body work shop that specializes in Vettes in the Central LA/Santa Monica/West LA/Mid-City area at all?

I really appreciate it.

Last edited by foxieroxie007; 04-11-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:15 AM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

I bet your body guy is trying to straighten the original headlight assembly instead of replacing as one possibility. This is the better possibility.

The other issue is the inner fender liner is not in the correct position. This is critical for lining up the body panels and headlight bucket. If it was damaged and replaced or repaired it may not have been aligned correctly. How does the door and hood gaps look along the fender?

The issues could be a combination of both these issues.

Gary

Quick Reply: Body Work Fix: Passenger Side Light on a C5