Southern California Southern California

Texas Speed headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Texas Speed headers

A buddy of mine wants to give me his new set of headers and x pipe to install on my 01 base Corvette. I'm running catback Borla stingers right now. Being that we have to smog our vehicles in CA every two years. Do you guys running headers and x pipe have any issues with smogging your cars? I plan on running free flow cats as well. Like some advise before I tear into it. The price good. FREE!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 AM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Search the SoCal subforum for "smog" or "headers"

The short answer is: YES, you should expect to have problems come smog time, unless you have some sort of plan to circumvent the typical process.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

No problems here
Old 04-27-2016, 12:51 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon619
No problems here
Do you own a smog inspection place Brandon?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by imlowr2
Do you own a smog inspection place Brandon?
No sir I do not, that would be an illegal action within the state of California. I PM'd you my friend.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

The fact is that a citizen always has responsibilities. You can buy California street legal 1000+ hp cars, as many as you want, any color, if you have the money.

There are a lot of things I can not afford, but don't violate the laws to achieve my desires.
I even give back incorrect change. I well know I am not a perfect citizen, but do try to support the local goals. All of my neighbors . and myself, have supported the air quality laws for many years, out of need.

Smog is better now, but the geography doesn't help. A child born today will have lung damage all their life, by age eight, if they happen live in parts of the San Fernando Valley. I mention this because it is easy to check the facts, published at the california air quality website.

THe first climate related evacuation in the US has just been funded, 48 million to move a community of 60 people. Perhaps you thought the situation fictional, like some say on TV.

You can pretend to be a hick from the sticks, but you are living in one of the most advanced areas of the country, with real air quality problems, modern goals and educated people.

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Speed headers

Quick Reply: Texas Speed headers