Southern California Southern California

Killed my Husbands Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:25 PM
CluelessonCorvettes
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed my Husbands Corvette

Hello my husbands currently deployed. I was supposed to start the car and drive it at least once a week and didn't happen. It's been three weeks I went to start it and batteries dead. I managed to get in already but now something seems to be wrong with the hood popping open. The right side will release but I can't get the left side of the hood to pop up. It's a 2006. Anyone else have this problem or idea on what I can try!

Last edited by CluelessonCorvettes; 04-28-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:44 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Close the hood completely, then use the hood release again. If it doesn't work on the first try, give it a second or third try.

Since one side is currently latched, the best way to completely close the hood is to go to the unlatched side and push down on the edge of the hood where the latch mechanism is located until you hear it 'click'. It will require some pressure. The latch is located approximately halfway between the top of the wheel well and where the rear corner of the hood meets the windshield.

P.S. - Thank you for you and your husband's sacrifice.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:50 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Buy your husband a "battery tender"...quickest way is just go to your local sears automotive section. They are like $40 (may find different brands cheaper online). Plug it into the cigarette lighter (easiest way IMO), run the cord out the drip edge on the door sill, and plug the other end into a power outlet. The car will never go dead. He will thank you for this.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:32 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

FYI, if the battery goes completely dead, the doors will not open. There is a lever on the floor next to each seat that will open the doors just in case you find yourself stuck inside. If you feel safe, maybe you could post the city you are in. Somebody close by could probably help.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:12 AM
IELAC7
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure where you are but if you're in the IE close to Rancho Cucamonga I have an extra C7 Battery Tender you can have. I'm not sure if it works or not (don't see why it wouldn't) but if it does I'd be happy to let you have it. Pm me if you'd like.

Get notified of new replies

To Killed my Husbands Corvette

Quick Reply: Killed my Husbands Corvette