Southern California Southern California

Anyone close to San Fernando Valley want to help me reglue my convertible window?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:49 PM
Kordless
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone close to San Fernando Valley want to help me reglue my convertible window?

I'm located in Encino CA,

My rear window is almost completely detached from my soft top, I bought Rhino Glue and I am now ready to reglue my top, or at least try.

If anyone can help me out, preferably someone who has done the Rhino Glue fix before, I'll buy you food and give you some cash.

I can't PM on here yet so I don't even know how to contact you if you are interested :/
Old 07-01-2016, 06:04 AM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I am in redondo, so a little far away, but would be glad to help otherwise. That glue is so good, it makes the job a cinch. Hard to do better than instant results, and the glue provides that, making the job quick and easy.

I have done this repair and would advise you to mark the position needed on the window before you start. I was guided by window tint with my repair, and it was a big help, as I worked in small sections, pressing the sides together for a short while as the work set. I think I positioned the supporting pillows to provide extra backing tension in the sections I couldn't reach behind. Having a mark to work against keeps it all straight.

Positioning was important and I omitted the help I got from the window tent in my description I posted in the window repair post. Other than that, I think the wash without residue with the window cleaner was a big key. It is not a difficult task, just work clean and watch the tension , the suggested couple of inches working slack gave a tight result without fabric strain.

All the best.

Quick Reply: Anyone close to San Fernando Valley want to help me reglue my convertible window?