Southern California Southern California

Xpel Palm Desert or surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 09:39 AM
VetCubed
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Xpel Palm Desert or surrounding areas

Does anyone have personal experience with an Xpel installer in the Palm Desert vicinity? I've already looked at the list of installers on their website but am looking for less generic info. I don't want to spend that kind of cash and have it visible, cuts in the paint, etc. I'm willing to drive if necessary to get an experienced installer with good reviews. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:19 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by VetCubed
Does anyone have personal experience with an Xpel installer in the Palm Desert vicinity? I've already looked at the list of installers on their website but am looking for less generic info. I don't want to spend that kind of cash and have it visible, cuts in the paint, etc. I'm willing to drive if necessary to get an experienced installer with good reviews. Thank you!
Sorry for the delayed reply, we've been attending Bloomington Gold in Indy the past week...

Once you locate an installer, be sure to stop by and check out the installation quality. Always ask for wrapped edges, meaning that the film wraps over the edge of the panel if possible. See the attention to detail the shop has and make sure you feel comfortable leaving the vehicle with the installer. You may want to ask how many Corvettes they've wrapped/protected.

If you have any questions, please let us know
The following users liked this post:
VetCubed (07-09-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 08:51 PM
VetCubed
Intermediate

In case anyone is searching in the future, I found an excellent shop in Coachella valley for Xpel. I has almost the whole car done and will be going back to complete the rest (this stuff is pricey! Baby steps). They did my 3M tint too. The entire job is flawless and they are top-notch professionals. Feel free to PM me and I'll get you the contact info. I don't think I can post it since they aren't a forum vendor.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:22 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Not trying to rock the boat but to spend thousands to protect thin orange peely GM paint not worth it unless your car is getting hammered in sandstorms

Just do some paintwork when needed not that big a price difference
Just thinking out loud
Old 07-09-2016, 09:26 PM
VetCubed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Not trying to rock the boat but to spend thousands to protect thin orange peely GM paint not worth it unless your car is getting hammered in sandstorms

Just thinking out loud
I understand. People seem to be adamantly in one camp or the other. I'm out in 29 Palms and do get hammered by sandstorms. It wasn't an easy decision considering the cost. To each their own though.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Code3marine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What does this cost? I am in the market for a new Z06. Also looking for an installer in Southern Cal.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:36 PM
VetCubed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Code3marine
What does this cost? I am in the market for a new Z06. Also looking for an installer in Southern Cal.
I paid $4500 and some change for the whole car minus the doors and hatch, 3M tint all around, and tax. Doors and hatch will be done at the same time as the skirts and splitter once installed.

Yeah, it's expensive. My money, my choice. Heck of a lot more convenient for my life than trying to get it painted years down the road and touch-ups in the interim.

They quoted me $1995 for the entire front end, if you're curious about having less done. Rockers were $350. Those seem to be what most Corvette owners go for

Last edited by VetCubed; 07-10-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Code3marine (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Code3marine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why didn't you do doors and hatch?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:42 PM
VetCubed
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Code3marine
Why didn't you do doors and hatch?
Piecemeal due to cost. Will get them done next month.
Code3marine (07-10-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette

Just thinking out loud
I struggled with this very decision, why spend the money? The difference is without Xpel, you get to look at all the rock chips every day until you have it repainted.

After looking at some pretty ugly installs, and some really good ones, I drove 80 miles to go to the best installer I could find. Protective Film Solutions in Costa Mesa.
This is not an area you want to shop price or location. Go for the best. Check the ratings on the Xpel website denoted by the little car icons by each installers name.

Last edited by Rookieracer; 07-10-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Code3marine (07-10-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Xpel Palm Desert or surrounding areas

Quick Reply: Xpel Palm Desert or surrounding areas