Southern California Southern California

PCA Autocross Race Video. 7/24/2015.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:08 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default PCA Autocross Race Video. 7/24/2015.

This PCA OCR region puts on the perfect event. It runs flawlessly all day. The tracks are probably one of the best in the country consistently. Way to go. It would be cool if the Corvette guys could put on something like this. I didn't hit the rev-limiter not even once. Although the track did feel fast. 2nd. overall in street tires. 72.2

Steve
Old 07-25-2016, 10:15 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
This PCA OCR region puts on the perfect event. It runs flawlessly all day. The tracks are probably one of the best in the country consistently. Way to go. It would be cool if the Corvette guys could put on something like this. I didn't hit the rev-limiter not even once. Although the track did feel fast. 2nd. overall in street tires. 72.2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKY_7h2lFU

Steve
Yes that track set up looks great and with 72 sec its almost 2x as long as some of our Camarillo tracks.

How many runs did you get?

DH
Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

12 laps.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:16 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
12 laps.
That awesome then

DH
Old 07-27-2016, 01:53 AM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Where do you find info for the events at ElToro? There is something going on this weekend, however can't find info?? Can you just "show up" or do you need to sign up? TIA.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:48 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

You can come Saturday for the practice and see if you can get in. It's probably full already, but sometimes they take walk on's. Sunday is a 4 lap race and you can do that for sure.
http://forums.solo2.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9147
Old 07-27-2016, 08:53 PM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Thanks for the link, I'll look it over
Old 07-29-2016, 09:31 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEFUNTMAN
Thanks for the link, I'll look it over
FYI: Last practice event (the Saturday component of the weekend) we had a number of no shows and I think all the walk ins got in. If you're close and can get there early (6:30 at the registration table to be exact) you can get your name on the standby list with a high probability of getting in. The registration web site says registration opens at 7, but the "welcome to the event" email that registrants got says 6:30. Either way, if you get there early, it's very likely you'll get in.

Sunday registration is still open and we'll take all. But as Steve said, it's our competition day, so you'll typically get only 4 runs (if it's real crowded, they'll scale it back to 3 runs....not likely to get more during summer). You can buy what we call X-runs and there's a very limited amount of those (again, you need to be at registration the moment it opens to buy those, they go very quickly...typically an additional 4 runs).

The group is friendly to "newbies". They have instructors available to help you and also a guided novice course walk (on Sundays....although I can hook you up with somebody on Saturday as well). I highly recommend using those resources if you're a newer autocrosser (heck, I take advantage of those resources and I've been doing this for years). We also have loaner helmets if you don't have one (and if you're planning on buying one, talk to us in Tech first and we'll let you know what's legal with SCCA).

If you make it out, stop by and say "hi"....I'll be working as the event's Tech Chief. Red GS paddocked next to tech.

Even if you don't make it in on Saturday, you can stop by, check it out, and perhaps get a few ride alongs with others. No charge to come by and watch. And only sign a passenger waiver to ride along.....then just hang out in grid with a helmet and be friendly. You're welcome to a lap riding in my car.

Hope to see you out there!
Old 07-29-2016, 10:48 PM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Thanks for the info, very helpful! I'm a "newbie" for sure, just ask "DH" !

I just want to have some more fun, the first one I did was a blast!! I'm about 1.5hrs away, have to see how it works out. Again, thanks for the info!
Old 07-30-2016, 02:25 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ELEFUNTMAN
Thanks for the info, very helpful! I'm a "newbie" for sure, just ask "DH" !

I just want to have some more fun, the first one I did was a blast!! I'm about 1.5hrs away, have to see how it works out. Again, thanks for the info!
You did great for your first time out.
i'm trying to get in to the August event.

Hope to see you there or back at Camarillo in September

DH

Get notified of new replies

To PCA Autocross Race Video. 7/24/2015.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCA Autocross Race Video. 7/24/2015.