Southern California Southern California

Car Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 10:55 PM
hdpete98
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Car Detailing

Just got my 2003 Z06 back from Dave at Innovative Detailing in Tustin. Definitely worth the drive from Carlsbad. The paint looks amazing.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:01 AM
JohnsC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdpete98
Just got my 2003 Z06 back from Dave at Innovative Detailing in Tustin. Definitely worth the drive from Carlsbad. The paint looks amazing.

Dave did a fantastic job on my Grand Sport. He came to my house. Cost a little more, but was worth it. Did a great job on the engine too. Highly recommend.

Last edited by JohnsC5; 08-14-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:53 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

+1 for Innovative Detailing. I made the drive down from the Beverly Hills area, and while Dave worked his magic on my car, I Uber'd to and from a nearby shopping center for lunch and a movie. It was a day well spent!
Old 08-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Lpe403
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Without detailed pics, it's a little hard to concur.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:52 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Dave does fantastic work. Did both my C5Z and my C6Z back when I was local.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:18 AM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Dave did my Corvette a few years ago and did a nice job. I went to his shop a few months ago and it was closed up. Is he just mobile now?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:02 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
Dave did my Corvette a few years ago and did a nice job. I went to his shop a few months ago and it was closed up. Is he just mobile now?
He's typically by appointment only, so I believe he still has his shop and will do mobile.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 08-20-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:42 PM
0Innovative Detailing
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks hdpete98, I appreciate this testimonial post on the work I provided for your 03 C5 Z06

Here are some photos to back up the paint correction services that I provided on your Z06, I truly appreciate your business and support over the years..

Outside shots are before
Attached Images           

Last edited by Innovative Detailing; 01-23-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:47 PM
DSGCOBRA24
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Are the pictures of the car outside after the paint correction or before?
Old 01-23-2017, 11:07 PM
0Innovative Detailing
Former Vendor

Prior shots were before correction and interior shots were during correction and a few afters...

Here are some outside shots, this paint was extremely pitted and etched along with moderate to extensive scratches, swirls, holograms and RDS. Of course taking the least aggressive approach and working with a certain expectation of the outcome, it came out great!
Attached Images         
Old 01-23-2017, 11:38 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovative Detailing
Prior shots were before correction and interior shots were during correction and a few afters...

Here are some outside shots, this paint was extremely pitted and etched along with moderate to extensive scratches, swirls, holograms and RDS. Of course taking the least aggressive approach and working with a certain expectation of the outcome, it came out great!

What is the cost to have this done?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:25 AM
0Innovative Detailing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dapopa9
What is the cost to have this done?
dapopa9,

In regards to your question on cost, there are many variables involved in quoting a price. Overall condition plays a big role, color, last time it was professionally detailed and what level of correction your vehicles paint work may need. Another option would be if you want wheels off and barrels and caliper cleaned an polished and or engine bay dialed up. The best thing to do is contact me directly and I would be more than happy to discuss your Corvette's detailing and or paint correction needs.

Have a great day!
Dave
Old 01-26-2017, 01:41 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovative Detailing
dapopa9,

In regards to your question on cost, there are many variables involved in quoting a price. Overall condition plays a big role, color, last time it was professionally detailed and what level of correction your vehicles paint work may need. Another option would be if you want wheels off and barrels and caliper cleaned an polished and or engine bay dialed up. The best thing to do is contact me directly and I would be more than happy to discuss your Corvette's detailing and or paint correction needs.

Have a great day!
Dave
Lets use the above car as an example price. How much was it? (not including the wheels/calipers/engine bay)
Old 01-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Tony79dr@yahoo.com
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dapopa9
Lets use the above car as an example price. How much was it? (not including the wheels/calipers/engine bay)
You wont find one person ever quote a price in a post. I dont understand it. I mean, Id appreciate, as a vendor, knowing whether I'm going to have dreamers calling my phone and wasting my time, or someone who is actually financially capable of paying the asking prices.

Good luck, I'm subscribed hoping to see a number$$$
Old 01-26-2017, 10:20 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

If I wanted a number, I would just call and ask him.

As he stated; it depends on what you want done, and what sort of condition your paint is in, etc. As a VERY satisfied customer of Dave's for many years; I can tell you firsthand, he'll make your car look the absolute best it possibly can...but the man can spend 2 hrs on your car, or 2 days on your car depending on many variables that need to be discussed on an individual basis. Products, services, techniques...he really is "innovative".

Is he the same price as the hack "detail guy" at the local car wash that's going to swirl your paint with a buffer? No, of course not.

Conversely; if he posted up random prices, and that customers circumstances happen to be different than yours, he could scare away a potential customer before ever having spoken to him/her. Give Dave a call...he's a real good dude.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 01-26-2017 at 10:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Innovative Detailing (01-27-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
If I wanted a number, I would just call and ask him.

As he stated; it depends on what you want done, and what sort of condition your paint is in, etc. As a VERY satisfied customer of Dave's for many years; I can tell you firsthand, he'll make your car look the absolute best it possibly can...but the man can spend 2 hrs on your car, or 2 days on your car depending on many variables that need to be discussed on an individual basis. Products, services, techniques...he really is "innovative".

Is he the same price as the hack "detail guy" at the local car wash that's going to swirl your paint with a buffer? No, of course not.

Conversely; if he posted up random prices, and that customers circumstances happen to be different than yours, he could scare away a potential customer before ever having spoken to him/her. Give Dave a call...he's a real good dude.
The price of one job to another will not be the same. The variables of vehicle condition and overall budget, concerns and expectations.

Dave is pretty much only at the shop and not doing mobile too much anymore. He is by appointment and is often not working mondays since he works saturdays. Anyone looking for his service should call and make an appointment. I have been a client for several years and he has done several cars for me multiple times.

Lastly, if you really care about the caliber of detail and want to save money with someone else, beware that you will ultimately spend more and he'll have to fix the other shops mistakes. You generally get what you pay for. Cheap detail will most likely mean shotty work to the detailed eye.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony79dr@yahoo.com
You wont find one person ever quote a price in a post. I dont understand it. I mean, Id appreciate, as a vendor, knowing whether I'm going to have dreamers calling my phone and wasting my time, or someone who is actually financially capable of paying the asking prices.

Good luck, I'm subscribed hoping to see a number$$$
Just go to his website; he has price ranges listed for most of his services: http://www.innovativedetailing.com/

I recommend his Silver level exterior-only paint correction ($350 - $550) for a typical car that sees a fair amount of miles and is in decent condition.
The following users liked this post:
Innovative Detailing (02-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Car Detailing

Quick Reply: Car Detailing