Corvette swap meets

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 03:07 AM
Jerry Roubos
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette swap meets

2 years new to southern CA. Are there any swap meets that cater to the Corvettes in southern CA? I attended the Pomona show and swap meet last weekend. There were no Corvettes shown and I couldn't find a thing related to Corvettes in the swap meet. Disappointed. any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:29 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry Roubos
2 years new to southern CA. Are there any swap meets that cater to the Corvettes in southern CA? I attended the Pomona show and swap meet last weekend. There were no Corvettes shown and I couldn't find a thing related to Corvettes in the swap meet. Disappointed. any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi Jerry,

Boy, did you miss out! I have been working at the Pomona Swap Meet in the "CORVETTE SECTION" (helping park them) for the last 6 years and there are usually around 100+ 'vettes there at every meet. We even had 50 show when it rained last time.

You can drive in your Corvette from Gate 15 on Arrow Hwy (it's only $25 to park and show, just $5 more than General parking {$10} and entrance fee {$10}.)

The Corvette Parking Section is the first thing you see on your right when you drive in from Gate 15. It's the last group of cars on your left when you enter from General Admission. To find Corvette parts, you do have roam through the vendors. There is no specific area that sells Corvette parts only.

You missed out seeing some great looking 'vettes!!!

October 16th is the next Pomona Swap Meet and I hope to see you there....I'll be the one that greets you when you park your Corvette.

Also, send me a PM and maybe you would like to do the Block of Orange this Sunday.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...of-orange.html

Anyway, have a great week,

Sparky

Last edited by ufso; 08-17-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:46 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Hey Jerry, I sent you an email.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:06 PM
OneOfThem
3-speed
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that Pomona is solid for Corvettes, always at least 50+ cars in that section. And as ufso said, you just need to keep walking through the other cars to get to the Corvette-only parking area.
I also was there last week to get a few parts, and found quite a few corvette vendors. The swap meet side of Pomona is all mixed, so you need to keep a sharp eye for what you need. I look for 'anything-corvette' (like a hubcap or a trim part) and that makes me stop and see what else that guy might be selling. I go in around 6am and get out before the heat makes the drive home unpleasant.
Long Beach Swap Meet is also an option. The next one there is Sept. 11th.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:58 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OneOfThem
I agree that Pomona is solid for Corvettes, always at least 50+ cars in that section. And as ufso said, you just need to keep walking through the other cars to get to the Corvette-only parking area.
I also was there last week to get a few parts, and found quite a few corvette vendors. The swap meet side of Pomona is all mixed, so you need to keep a sharp eye for what you need. I look for 'anything-corvette' (like a hubcap or a trim part) and that makes me stop and see what else that guy might be selling. I go in around 6am and get out before the heat makes the drive home unpleasant.
Long Beach Swap Meet is also an option. The next one there is Sept. 11th.
...there you go Thomas, one that was there!!! Just can't get Jerry to say if he was actually there or somewhere else! He asks a question and then disappears!

Last edited by ufso; 08-19-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:23 AM
Jerry Roubos
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pomona

Originally Posted by ufso
...there you go Thomas, one that was there!!! Just can't get Jerry to say if he was actually there or somewhere else! He asks a question and then disappears!
I am sorry, I never received the email. I have been there three times and missed the Corvette section each time. I thought that I walked the complete show. I saw a bunch of VWs and then mixed brands but no Corvettes.
I plan to go to the Pomona meet Sunday. If I can't find you I will ask around. My email is jerryroubos@yahoo.com
Old 10-10-2016, 10:00 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jerry Roubos
I am sorry, I never received the email. I have been there three times and missed the Corvette section each time. I thought that I walked the complete show. I saw a bunch of VWs and then mixed brands but no Corvettes.
I plan to go to the Pomona meet Sunday. If I can't find you I will ask around. My email is jerryroubos@yahoo.com
Jerry, just sent you another email...hope you get it!

IF YOU DO MISS THE EMAIL, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS IN POST #2

Sparky

Last edited by ufso; 10-11-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette swap meets

Quick Reply: Corvette swap meets