Emissions recall issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:18 PM
LJ's08Z51
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Emissions recall issues

Hello all,

So here is the issue I am having. I have an early 08 LS3 Vette with a full front to back LS7 exhaust. I went to register my car last month and cannot get the tags because I haven't done the emissions recall. I didn't think I'd actually have to do it for the tags. I've called different dealerships, had the car inspected, spoken to different shop managers and it sounds like the only way I can get I cleared is to put the factory exhaust back on. Problem is I sold all my old stuff over 6 years ago when I did the swap never thinking I'd have emissions issues since its factory exhaust. Anybody know of another way around this issue? Or does anybody have an LS3 exhaust you want to sell me? Talking about manifolds all the way back. Thanks everyone for your help!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I just sent you a private message
Old 12-02-2016, 09:44 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ's08Z51
Hello all,

So here is the issue I am having. I have an early 08 LS3 Vette with a full front to back LS7 exhaust. I went to register my car last month and cannot get the tags because I haven't done the emissions recall. I didn't think I'd actually have to do it for the tags. I've called different dealerships, had the car inspected, spoken to different shop managers and it sounds like the only way I can get I cleared is to put the factory exhaust back on. Problem is I sold all my old stuff over 6 years ago when I did the swap never thinking I'd have emissions issues since its factory exhaust. Anybody know of another way around this issue? Or does anybody have an LS3 exhaust you want to sell me? Talking about manifolds all the way back. Thanks everyone for your help!
I did this too -

"BUT" I opted to do the later model Z06/ZR1 exhaust (2011-2013) that has the 4 Cats, Two on the down pipes and Two on the X-Pipe -

The other option is to talk to a smog shop that is willing to look past the missing cats - OR update to the later model down pipes and X-Pipe -

Thanks,Matt
Old 12-03-2016, 11:25 AM
hawk93
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default exhaust

I have everything you need in my garage.

Originally Posted by LJ's08Z51
Hello all,

Get notified of new replies

To Emissions recall issues

Quick Reply: Emissions recall issues