Replace C6 Convertible Top?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:47 AM
miscstudent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace C6 Convertible Top?

Hi all,

Somebody broke into my car by slashing the convertible top on my C6 'vette. Anyone know a good place in So Cal to replace it?

Based out of Long Beach but any part of LA is within reach for me.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by miscstudent
Hi all,

Somebody broke into my car by slashing the convertible top on my C6 'vette. Anyone know a good place in So Cal to replace it?

Based out of Long Beach but any part of LA is within reach for me.

As fellow vert owner, that is so F'D up!! Can your insurance company recommend someone?
Old 12-15-2016, 03:23 AM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,342 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Assuming that insurance pays. Have Donny Yorke at Rydell Chevy in Northridge do it. He has a fantastic reputation.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:32 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

Ii haven't used them* , but Robbins top is a place I would check out. They used to have a large faciiity in Santa Monica with many work bays, but the last time I checked , the manufacturing arm continued with only recommended local installers on a list.

Still, they have such a strong rep , with enough recommendations of the top itself , posted here, to put them in my future plans. Some have posted it is the same top as factory, I don't know.

When I enter the market, I'm still gluing my rear window in place, I will call around to high end shops and develop a list. If I get a couple of matches with a Robbins shop, I implement plan "A". The only problem, no recent experience, and not expert enough to give solid advice. But, that's my plan , until I can figure improvement.

* Long ago, I bought a simple vinyl Triumph top manufactured by Robbins, from sears, because only they carried a color I wanted. I also swore a life long oath to never home install another top.

Last edited by strand rider; 01-10-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Replace C6 Convertible Top?

Quick Reply: Replace C6 Convertible Top?