Southern California Southern California

Dyno Day in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:31 AM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

I hope it didn't fall apart due to a little bit of water.

Let's see some dyno curves!
Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 AM
morepwr
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 96 Posts

I was there! Too bad only two cars showed up. It was just a real light rain and nothing bad like the day before. The guys at the shop were no doubt disappointed in all the no shows. I don't have a graph to show you guys yet as they are going to email it to me tomorrow. They couldn't print the info out yesterday. The dyno cell is amazing and you guys missed out.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:53 PM
c6 monkey
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah that's too bad. A dyno day is a good idea, hell any excuse to drive our cars and get together with like minded good people is better than going to work any day. My motor ate a lifter last Sunday night. But here's my curve from my tune less than 2 weeks ago. I started disassembly right away and will start ordering parts tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM
63 340HP
Team Owner

Received 2,339 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by morepwr
I was there! Too bad only two cars showed up. It was just a real light rain and nothing bad like the day before. The guys at the shop were no doubt disappointed in all the no shows. I don't have a graph to show you guys yet as they are going to email it to me tomorrow. They couldn't print the info out yesterday. The dyno cell is amazing and you guys missed out.
I think six cars were tested by the end of the day. The Mustang dyno numbers were good for comparison between cars tested the same day (and were likely a little optimistic, as Mustang dyno numbers report when compared to other brand dyno's). It was a good air day, with SAE corrections discounting the raw numbers recorded.

The wind tunnel feature is a very nice set up. The Technicians were patient. They reported OBD2 IAT numbers dropping from 90dF+ down to 60dF with ram ducting as the roll and wind speeds increased.

My 63 did not get tested, as it was too low to secure with the current tires and rear ride height. The factory exhaust was tight to the center cover between the rollers, too close to chain down. Maybe another day with a set of tall and skinny rear tires & rims to add clearance. Anyone have some H-rated 215/70/15's for loan?
Old 02-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Richor
CF Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to the hosts for the runs as well as the MAF repair. I made 2 runs, 558 WHP on both but was dealing with a cracked MAF which actually snapped in two on the last pull as well as tuning issues. She was running super rich through most of the pull and then leaning out quite dangerously on the top end. Probably relating to the MAF which was cracked. Need to get a tune and should be able to crack the 600WHP mark. Will upload some video soon.

Luckily there was a Chevy dealer nearby and the guys were nice enough to swap the MAF for me. Windtunnel system was amazing, whomever didnt make it missed out. They also have a huge shop there for anyone interested in performance upgrades.

Last edited by Richor; 02-19-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:49 PM
CPais
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to everyone who made it out, I was not there unfortunately but I really appreciate the people that attended. Our dyno is always available to you guys if you need to do some testing and we are more than happy to help you with any performance modifications that you may be interested in.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 AM
blown5.0
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CPais
Thanks to everyone who made it out, I was not there unfortunately but I really appreciate the people that attended. Our dyno is always available to you guys if you need to do some testing and we are more than happy to help you with any performance modifications that you may be interested in.
I just got my Stingray 3 days ago, so I could not attend! I would love to attend the next dyno day (or if you can give me the dyno day pricing), come out even earlier once the car is broken in. I am in the LA area and just want to get an initial baseline.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:39 AM
CPais
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blown5.0
I just got my Stingray 3 days ago, so I could not attend! I would love to attend the next dyno day (or if you can give me the dyno day pricing), come out even earlier once the car is broken in. I am in the LA area and just want to get an initial baseline.
PM Sent
Old 03-21-2017, 05:25 PM
96darkhorse
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Any plans on doing this again??? Weather should be better and should attract more heads. Would love a baseline with rebuilt motor
Old 03-21-2017, 07:02 PM
blown5.0
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Im game if this happens.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day in SoCal