Southern California Southern California

Cammed C5s

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:07 PM
harryk387
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Cammed C5s

Wanted to see if anyone local would be willing to meet up so I can hear what your car sounds like cammed. I'm a little worried about how loud my car's going to be after longtubes and LG G5XE cam are installed. I heard a C5Z yesterday with Borla Stingers, Longtube headers with catless x-pipe and what he said was a mild cam (228/232 on 112LSA) and it was way too loud for my liking.

So before I go installing my parts I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to meet up so I can hear their setup. Preferably one with a mild cam, catted longtubes and stock C5Z exhaust.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:59 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

My understanding is that Borla Stingers are considerably louder than the stock C5Z muffler. The catless midpipe also increases volume.

I had a small cam, catted longtubes, and the stock muffler on my C5Z, and I think it sounded fantastic. It didn't seem to draw much attention unless I was driving aggressively. The headers were really the primary source of the volume increase; the cam basically just changed the tone by adding a bit of lope. When I had the headers installed I initially thought it was too loud, but I quickly grew accustomed to it.

I don't still have the car, else I'd give you a ride. For a C5Z, I'd personally recommend the X1 on a 114 lobe for a mild street setup. The XE's power range dies off too soon in my opinion:

from LG:
XE: Smooth Idle, designed for stock engines, 1,500-6,200 RPM range, 40+hp
X1: Needs Headers, 1,500-6,500 RPM range, slight idle change, 40+hp
X2: Needs Headers, 1,700-6,700 RPM range, slightly aggressive idle, 50+hp

Last edited by skyavonee; 01-06-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: changed recommendation

Quick Reply: Cammed C5s