Southern California Southern California

PLEASE help me !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:26 AM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts
Default PLEASE help me !!!

Yesterday Friday I spent 3 hours detailing my 2004 Z06 ( Torch Red ), went to a small car show this morning and when i was leaving setting at an intersection behind an SUV instead of going forward the SUV had it in reverse and backed all the way onto my hood wasting my entire front end !

He was a nice guy with GOOD insurance but i almost started crying, I put so much of my heart and soul into my Vette, it was the best car I have ever owned, I never thought this would happen to me, I am so sad right now

I guess I should be thankful that no one got hurt ! But I planned on having this car the rest of my life.

I live in Huntington Beach, can you recommend a GREAT shop to take it to, I want it better than NEW because that is how it looked, I only have 22,000 miles on it. Should I take it to a Vette Paint shop or to a Exotic car shop ?

Thanks for all your help, this to will end I just will have a had time even if it looks good knowing that it had been violated ......

I spent a hour making sure I got everything I needed from him and made him call his insurance agent on the spot. I even made him record a message on my phone stating that he backed into me and that I did not rear end him !

I know, it's just a car not that big of a deal if you look at the big picture.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:20 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by ZEEZERO-6
Yesterday Friday I spent 3 hours detailing my 2004 Z06 ( Torch Red ), went to a small car show this morning and when i was leaving setting at an intersection behind an SUV instead of going forward the SUV had it in reverse and backed all the way onto my hood wasting my entire front end !

He was a nice guy with GOOD insurance but i almost started crying, I put so much of my heart and soul into my Vette, it was the best car I have ever owned, I never thought this would happen to me, I am so sad right now

I guess I should be thankful that no one got hurt ! But I planned on having this car the rest of my life.

I live in Huntington Beach, can you recommend a GREAT shop to take it to, I want it better than NEW because that is how it looked, I only have 22,000 miles on it. Should I take it to a Vette Paint shop or to a Exotic car shop ?

Thanks for all your help, this to will end I just will have a had time even if it looks good knowing that it had been violated ......

I spent a hour making sure I got everything I needed from him and made him call his insurance agent on the spot. I even made him record a message on my phone stating that he backed into me and that I did not rear end him !

I know, it's just a car not that big of a deal if you look at the big picture.
europeanmotorcarworks.com in Santa Ana. Family owned and operated.

I only use them. Ist class repair. Only trouble is getting in to have work done. Usually a backup waiting. Try a estimate for a guide line anyway if its driveable.

Last edited by rwpatte; 03-04-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:26 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

2923 Tech Center Dr, Santa Ana, CA 92705 · (714) 957-1290
Old 03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Why do I assume you don't have kids? You had a fender-bender. The bottom line is, someone hit your car. No injuries. Has insurance. Pretty much any "large" shop you go to will have the same equipment and do a fine job. I have a feeling you won't be happy no matter how good a job they do.

My '13 GS vert was hit on the passenger door and rear quarter panel. Body shop replaced door and panel and painted. Looks fine to me. I have moved on.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:37 AM
maugust24
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

Another good shop to try is Grove Body Shop on Garden Grove Blvd in Garden Grove. They do excellent work. When you walk in the office they have several awards hanging on the wall for their work.
714-537-6460
Grove Body Shop
10242 Garden Grove Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92843

I have had 2 cars repaired here and have been very pleased.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:58 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

McJacks Corvette does nice body and paint. Pretty sure he is in Santa Ana.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:34 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Pretty much any "large" shop you go to will have the same equipment and do a fine job.
Were that only true, but not my experience with USAA and Prestige Auto Collision, in Mission Viejo. Perhaps the absolute worst 'repair' experience in my 40+ years of driving. I witnessed their employees doing burnouts in customers' cars.. plural!

Lifetime warranty?... pure BS! Guess how I know?

Under Kalif law, you have the right to take the car to any shop, not the 'recommended' insurance place.

Sorry your fav shiny thing got damaged, but glad you asked!!

Last edited by whalepirot; 03-10-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:26 AM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Why do I assume you don't have kids? You had a fender-bender. The bottom line is, someone hit your car. No injuries. Has insurance. Pretty much any "large" shop you go to will have the same equipment and do a fine job. I have a feeling you won't be happy no matter how good a job they do.

My '13 GS vert was hit on the passenger door and rear quarter panel. Body shop replaced door and panel and painted. Looks fine to me. I have moved on.
Best not to ***-U-ME because you made an *** of U and ME ... . . . . . .

Thank's guys, State Farm ***** had me take it to one of their approved repair shops for an estimate - low balled. I told them that it is going to European Motor Works for the work, scheduled for 4/17, getting their estimate today, going to be very interesting to compare the two.

Plus PAT I sent you a PM on retrieving Diminishing Value ?

Tim

Last edited by ZEEZERO-6; 03-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Nomomoney
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

OP, I feel your pain! Good thing it is repairable. As for shops, I'm sure many of the members who have responded have had good experiences with their recommendations.

I do believe that not all shops are equal. There are many legitimate and experienced shops out there, along with my schysters out there who just wanna make a buck.

My recommendation is a bit far for you. But I have used Detroit Auto Body in Covina, on several occasions regarding minor issues. They are a family owned business and have been established in Covina for many years. They do an excellent job in their repairs. Larry the owner is very responsive as well.

http://detroitautobody.com/

Good luck!

Allen
Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Neither are very close to you, but two I would wholeheartedly recommend in San Diego county:

1) Elite Auto Collision in La Mesa...people on here have been singing Adrian's praises for years. He's done countless corvettes, and there's probably a number of satisfied customer threads on here.

2) Phil Thearle’s Autowerks in Santee. I've personally walked his shop and you could eat off his floors. Most impressive collision repair operation I've ever witnessed. It looked cleaner and more organized than any repair center I've ever seen. It was interesting because it kind of reminded me of a high end/Mercedes service center...and come to find out, that's' where Phil cut his teeth in his early years.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:20 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Again thank you Gentlemen, lets see how this all shakes out so far I am on calendar with European for 4/17. They are so busy that I might even be pushed out further ?

They are going to try to help me a little with recovering a Diminished Value ?

Get notified of new replies

To PLEASE help me !!!

Quick Reply: PLEASE help me !!!