RG in Dallas
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Hawaii help, please...

We are planning on sending my parents on a Hawaii Cruise, 7 days aboard Norwegian...they fly to Honolulu and sail off and come back to Honolulu, along the way hitting Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai... for their anniversary and was wondering if any of you have experience on something like this. Sounds good to me, but I'd trust that I'd get some good feedback here on this.

Thanks in advance for your help or guidance.

RG
Old 10-01-2002, 11:34 PM
FineC5
Pro

Default Re: Hawaii help, please... (RG in Dallas)

The cruise is very enjoyable ..my mom did it a few years back . Right now the volcanic activity on the Big Island is really worth seeing ..the cruise ship will probably pass just offshore from the lava flows entering the sea ...Very hot stuff :cool:
Old 10-02-2002, 01:13 AM
Speeder
Pro

RG,

The wife and I went on a Hawaiian cruise a few month ago. It was a blast. I just sent you some info.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:18 PM
2KVetteMan
Melting Slicks

We are planning on sending my parents on a Hawaii Cruise, 7 days aboard Norwegian...they fly to Honolulu and sail off and come back to Honolulu, along the way hitting Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai... for their anniversary and was wondering if any of you have experience on something like this. Sounds good to me, but I'd trust that I'd get some good feedback here on this.

Thanks in advance for your help or guidance.

RG
I went last year on a 7 day crusie hitting all the big islands. IT was a blast, and recommend anyone to do it. They will have a great time.

You should do some research as I did, find out what days they port at. At every port there is a car rental place. You can call ahead and reserve a car rental at every port. Honestly it is cheaper this way.

The tours they offer on board the cruises are real expensive. Usually it will cost you $40.00 a person to do a tour. You can get a car rental for under $40.00 for the whole day and save some cash. Many of the tour places they take you to do not charge at all.

I grabbed a map and circled all the hot spots of what to hit. The tours they had set to see were great, I just decided to go there on my own, you save more time and money to do more things that way as well.

If they are worried about getting lost, just follow the buses :D . The maps are easy to follow, and the people are real friendly helping you get around.

Maui had so many things to see and do, that if I would of gone with the tour buses I would of missed many of the sites I wanted to see.

You can purchase maps at your local Border's Book store of each island, or Barnes and Nobles as I did. Every map has the hot spots and description of the roads. I found the port and did a outline of what to stop as I drove around.

Oh a camera with plenty of film purchased here, The rolls of film are really expensive over there. A video camera as well. I would get them a nice back pack as I did and put everything in there. I got a nice Eddie Bauer backpack and put everything in there, video camera, regular camera and some snacks. Put all the maps in there as well.

Wow I am getting all excited as if I was going again. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions. Hope this helps. :cheers:
Old 10-03-2002, 11:52 AM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Hawaii help, please... (2KVetteMan)

This is the best place for INFO on the net.:)

Thanks everyone!

RG

Get notified of new replies

To Hawaii help, please...

Quick Reply: Hawaii help, please...