Southern California Southern California

So Cal dyno day at Magnaflow tech center!

Old 07-19-2001, 02:45 AM
GTP
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default So Cal dyno day at Magnaflow tech center!

Hello everyone,

I would like to extend a open invitation for Corvette C5 owners to come to Rancho Santa Margarita California on September 8th to Magnaflow performance exhausts tech/R&D center for a dyno day/buffet/raffle. C5 owners listed will get 3 pulls on their dynojet dyno free of charge. Dyno pulls will be done 3 in a row and the car can be lugged in gear and then run to redline or run through the gears until redline in 3rd or a combination of the 2. They will also be providing a breakfast buffet for all attending. If that wasn’t generous enough they are also giving away a free Magnaflow C5 exhaust to 1 lucky C5 owner attending the event. This tech center is a huge state of the art facility capable of handling allot of cars. I have personally been there to dyno and was very impressed with the company and people involved. Around noon time for those interested there will be a factory tour where we can see where the exhausts are made. The tour should last around 45 minutes. Those not wishing to attend the tour can stay at the tech center to continue chatting and watching people dyno. Or grab some lunch at some local restaurants. They will begin dynoing cars at 9am and continue until around 4pm,….or longer if needed. Dyno runs will be done in order your name was placed on the list. If you are not there at that time we will go to the next person on the list and come back to your car when present. We will also be doing some real world exhaust comparison tests where a stock Corvette C5 provided by Chevrolet is baseline dynoed and then a Magnaflow exhaust is added and redynoed to show the horsepower and torque gains. This is a no charge event that Magnaflow has been nice enough to offer us. Because of the availability I have made this event C5 specific, if this changes and the capacity has not been reached a couple weeks before the event I will open the event for C4 owners to participate as well! I’m not being biased and I hope you all understand that. (((((UPDATE: The current car cap has been reached. If you still wish to dyno or attend please send me a e-mail or reply to this post.))))) Only the number of cars to dyno is limited so feel free to come with your car and bring a friend or companion with you to the event, they are just as welcome! Please direct any questions about the event to my fishpc@aol.com e-mail address and not my @home e-mail address. Magnaflow has a website at www.magnaflow.com and as you can see from the main page they have a likening for the C5, I can’t blame them. Please pass the word around to local Corvette clubs and chapters. The address to the tech center where we will be meeting is 23201 Antonio Parkway.

UPDATE 8-14-01: Even more exciting news to add to this event. Nick Misserville professional NHRA C5 drag racer will be on hand with his car! Meet the man behind the machine and hear the roar of the V8.

Confirmed people that will get dyno runs:
David Hickey (fido)
Darrell Flenniken (C5fun)
Jim Cucci (AUandAG)
Charley Hoyt
Bob (RWD)
Ivan Beltran
Ron Potter (Black2Kvett)
Allan (AllanLaw)
Shawn from L.A.P.D.
Al (wallstAL)
Sammy (Gundam Z06)
(Jimman)
(UNX PGMR)
Ralph Abramo (C5VETT99)
Rick Suela
(SoCalC5)
Lance Miller
John (jam999999)
David Gonsalves
(Ballin100)
(hpcubed)

Standby:
(Twist of fate)
(TicketBait)
Charles Adamson
Ron Kaku
Raymond (wiz357)
Taylor Will
Ara (YellowZ06)
Tom (tliinsC5)
Chan (whip383)

Driving directions: From the South take the 5 freeway North until you get to Oso Parkway in Mission Viejo. Exit Oso and make a right at the end of the off ramp. Continue east on Oso Parkway and 9 traffic lights down you will make a left on Antonio Parkway. Continue North on Antonio Parkway 7 traffic lights to Avenida Empresa. At the light get in the left turn lane and make a U turn. The 4th driveway down on the right hand side is the tech center. Enter the driveway and heads towards the back of the building. You should at that time see a line of corvettes parked outside in the back.

Driving directions: From the North take the 5 freeway South until you get to Oso Parkway in Mission Viejo. Exit Oso and make a left going back over the freeway. Continue east on Oso Parkway and 11 traffic lights down you will make a left on Antonio Parkway. Continue North on Antonio Parkway 7 traffic lights to Avenida Empresa. At the light get in the left turn lane and make a U turn. The 4th driveway down on the right hand side is the tech center. Enter the driveway and heads towards the back of the building. You should at that time see a line of corvettes parked outside in the back.

Any questions or concerns please contact me at fishpc@aol.com

A 3 page Microsoft Word document with a basic map of the location as well as all the text you see here can be downloaded at:
http://members.home.com/gtp5/Magnaflowdynoday.doc

Thanks,
Aaron Lephart

[Modified by GTP, 6:40 AM 9/6/2001]

[Modified by GTP, 12:33 AM 9/8/2001]
Old 07-19-2001, 02:56 AM
C5Fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sign me up !!

Old 07-19-2001, 03:22 AM
AUandAG
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Me too, Please!
Jim Cucci

Old 07-19-2001, 04:05 AM
BowTie C4
Instructor

If C4s are welcome please count me in.

Old 07-19-2001, 10:49 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in! When will you draw names so we will know our run time? Also how many dyno's do they have? My experience at our other dyno days shows that it takes about 10 min. per to get a car on the dyno, make three runs, and get the next one ready to run. 100 cars in four hours seems optimistic.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Charley
Old 07-19-2001, 10:58 AM
GTP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt:
[B
I'm in! When will you draw names so we will know our run time? Also how many dyno's do they have? My experience at our other dyno days shows that it takes about 10 min. per to get a car on the dyno, make three runs, and get the next one ready to run. 100 cars in four hours seems optimistic.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Charley[/B][/color]
Charley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Names will be drawn at 10am on dyno day. I would do them ahead of time but I have a feeling there may be a last mintute influx of people. They have 1 dynojet dyno and a rolling chassis Mustang dyno. I think for fairness in the contest we are using the dynojet only. I've seen them work and they have it down to an art just like the other guys did at the last dyno day in torrance. They are totally willing to stay after 2pm to continue dynoing cars if thats whats needed [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks,
Aaron Lephart

Old 07-19-2001, 12:09 PM
RDVT4ME
Burning Brakes

I'm planning to be there....should have my 2002 C5 by then.....looking for late august museum delivery....should be well broken in by time we get home.

Old 07-19-2001, 01:59 PM
BlackOps
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Please sign me up. I've been curious about this for some time, and the tour sounds like a great time.

Old 07-19-2001, 04:15 PM
IvanBeltran
6th Gear

Please sign me up as well.
Old 07-19-2001, 06:25 PM
Black2KVett
Advanced

Im in!!!!

Thanks
Ron
Old 07-19-2001, 06:30 PM
nwong
Heel & Toe

And I'm in!
Old 07-19-2001, 08:06 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Consider me responded with a YEEESSSSSS!!!

Old 07-19-2001, 08:17 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

If Allan is going, that means that I have to go!

See ya there Allan if I don't see you on one of our awesome cruises!

Shawn

Old 07-19-2001, 08:52 PM
B R
Melting Slicks

Location: Los Angeles, CA.... I know a guy who has a Lambo with Corvette doors
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those C5 guys always get to have all the fun

Old 07-19-2001, 09:00 PM
89_FX3_6-spd
Pro

Shawn,
Better watch out or people will start talking

Hopefully there will be less than 100 C5's so I can go to!

Put me down for the #1 C4 spot

Jim [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2001, 10:02 PM
Warlock
Pro

They make C4 stuff too...Why only C5s? Or do we get our own day?

Old 07-19-2001, 10:39 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

Free, Free, did I hear free, count me in, you will have mail soon!

Get notified of new replies

To So Cal dyno day at Magnaflow tech center!

Old 07-19-2001, 11:00 PM
GTP
Burning Brakes

Warlock: Yes they make C4 stuff to. It was my decision to initially offer it to the C5 owners first exclusivly. I have nothing against C4's but then someone would cry foul that a C4 exhaust was'nt up for a prize. Or some C5 owner would say the LT1 reverse cooling made there dyno run better. Or or or or.....well you get the idea. I know most of the C4/C5 crowd is a mature bunch but i've already been witness to a near fistfight at plastic fantastic in Diego when a C5 owner got in a debate with a C4 owner about the silliest of things. I won't bring their names up on the forum. Of course my real fear is a modded ZR1 owner coming and wooping all of our butts on the dyno . As stated if the turnout isn't up to par a couple weeks before the event I will open it up to C4 owners.

wallstAL: Aha, I knew I could count on you for some free dyno usage!

Aaron Lephart

Old 07-20-2001, 03:56 AM
Brad Chang
Burning Brakes

Can a couple Snakes come out and play too?

Brad

Old 07-20-2001, 07:05 AM
Gundam Z06
Racer

I'm in!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Cal dyno day at Magnaflow tech center!