Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Window Tinting in Austin, TX - Where?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:36 AM
BRU
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window Tinting in Austin, TX - Where?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the search function didn't return any valid threads regarding this topic. I'm sure it's been posted before in one of the forums here.

Anyway, where have you gone for window tinting in Austin? And more importantly, would you go back?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:36 AM
BRU
Le Mans Master

Wednesday Bumpalicious.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:04 PM
HIGH_INTREST
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

I took mine to Custom Sounds (on Burnet rd).The guy doing the tint really knew what he was doing.He pointed out that if you don't do a few things different the tint on the rear window will seperate where the defroster is located.I had mine done six months ago and no problems yet.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:06 AM
Sebring_C5
Melting Slicks

I got mine done at Sun Tint on Burnet Rd. over a year ago and haven't had any problems.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:50 AM
Torched Z
Racer

I had my car done at Sun Tint. They didn't do a good job at all on the dot matrix. I took it back to ask them to redo it and they wouldn't. It looks terrible.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 AM
BRU
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the suggestions. The dealer I bought my vette from 4 years ago did the original tinting and ended up screwing up the rear window. I'm not having it redone just yet.

I bought a new truck over the weekend and need to get its front 2 windows tinted. I had heard good things about Sideways Autosound, but it sounds like a ricer/wannabe gangsta type of place.

Unless others post with contrary info, looks like I'll be going to Custom Sounds.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
HIGH_INTREST
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BRU
Thanks for the suggestions. The dealer I bought my vette from 4 years ago did the original tinting and ended up screwing up the rear window. I'm not having it redone just yet.

I bought a new truck over the weekend and need to get its front 2 windows tinted. I had heard good things about Sideways Autosound, but it sounds like a ricer/wannabe gangsta type of place.

Unless others post with contrary info, looks like I'll be going to Custom Sounds.

Thanks guys!

Go anywhere but Sideways Autosound (3rd different name in 5 yrs).I had them put a system in my H2 and 99 vert and they messed up both.They hooked the amp up wrong in the vert blowing the Boston Accoustic seperates.They rehooked up the amp but diddn't replace the speakers.They did the same on the H2 and refused to fix the problem.When I approached the installed to fix the problem he went ballistic on me.I then went to the manager and he blamed the arguement on me because they don't advise customers to talk to the installers.

If I wasn't such a mild mannered individual and really not needing a lawsuit I would have really hurt the guy.

I guess I could have kept it simple..........Don't go to Sideways!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:25 AM
BRU
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the warning!
Old 06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
AM.MSCL
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '09

Stay away from Alte Mere Those guys are *******s, I went to pick my car up and they decided they did not want me watching what they were doing in the shop so they slamed the door closed. Considering they were done with my car and I also waited over an hour because they did not want to pull the other cars out of the way to get it out of the shop until they were done with the others. Then they gave me excusses on the ClearMask will take time to dry but that was after the amount of time that was allowed to complain that it need to be fixed.
I have had shade shop in south austin do a couple of trucks that the dealer paid the first $50 and I upgrade to lifetime for $25 over that. They have come out great on both trucks. No bubbles , streaks, or runs.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Shaun R
Pro

I have had work done at shades of texas of 183 by lakeline mall and been really happy w/ their work. Also had work done at that suntint place previously mentioned, and was really happy with it. But that was years ago when they were at their old location, dunno if anything has changed recently.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Mr6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got great results @ Sunbusters (11655 Research Blvd ... right near where Duvul meets 183).

They showed great skill in doing the rear glass with one piece, and having it come out perfect. Reasonable pricing as well.

You can inspect the job they did on mine if you want to evaluate it first hand.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
juandlp
Instructor

I had my car done in El Paso, but my truck was done at Mother's and I haven't had a problem at all. A friend of mine bought a CTS-V and he took it there too (he's got the dot matrix on his rear window too) and haven't heard a complaint yet.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:54 PM
copperhead55
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr6spd
I got great results @ Sunbusters (11655 Research Blvd ... right near where Duvul meets 183).

They showed great skill in doing the rear glass with one piece, and having it come out perfect. Reasonable pricing as well.

About what does it cost for a good job?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
juandlp
Instructor

I've paid between 120-180
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
movinlow
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr6spd

Had mine done about 4 years ago with no problems, still looks great. Great price as well.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
VetteNoob
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AM.MSCL
I have had shade shop in south austin do a couple of trucks that the dealer paid the first $50 and I upgrade to lifetime for $25 over that. They have come out great on both trucks. No bubbles , streaks, or runs.
I had our F150 done at Shade Shop and it looks good. When I worked at the Honda dealership just down the road, their the only shop we used and I didnt have a single complaint in the 3 years I was at the dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tinting in Austin, TX - Where?

Quick Reply: Window Tinting in Austin, TX - Where?