Possible move to San Antonio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 AM
ArmyVette
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible move to San Antonio!!!

Gang,

I've got an opportunity to transfer from Washington DC to San Antonio to do some longterm contract work at Randolph AFB. Though I'm originally from Texas, I haven't been to San Antonio in about 12 years.

What are some of the better neighborhoods that might be near Randolf? Equally important, what are some areas to avoid?

BTW, how's the housing market there? Hopefully, it's not a insane as the Washington DC/NoVA market!!

Thanks!

Jeff Smith
"ArmyVette"
Old 07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

My parents live in San Antonio and I've been considering moving down there. My neighbor is a real estate agent and lived in San Antonio for years so I've been talking to him about the same questions you asked. I've been checking out New Braunfels which is NE of san Antonio on I35.

http://www.homes-for-sale-san-antoni...browse_adv.php

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-08-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 PM
roscoe118
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You should feel like a "kid in a candy store" coming from DC to SA

The housing market, although on the rise (like everywhere else right now), is very reasonable in Central Texas. I lived there several years ago, and it has grown considerably since then, but back then the north and northwest areas were the best. If I remember correctly Randolf is the one base that is located in the northern (northeast?) part of the city. Correct?

We lived in a neighborhood called Braun Oaks, which is near 16 (Bandera Road) and 1604. Another popular neighborhood in that area is Braun Station. But if Randolf is the base near I-35 (on the north side of town) then there are many desirable developments closer than the two I mentioned.

Once you get used to the heat, you'll love it here. Friendly people

Good luck with the move.

I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could
Old 07-09-2005, 05:12 PM
afone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being an Air Force Brat, and now in the Air Force myself, I have lived in a lot of places and I have to say that if I was to settle down right now it would be in San Antonio. Love the city. Hope you do too. North, Northwest, Northeast... all great parts of the city.

Get notified of new replies

To Possible move to San Antonio!!!

Quick Reply: Possible move to San Antonio!!!