Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Now that was FUN!

Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 PM
mcintex
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default Now that was FUN!

I just got done spending the day with Maverick Porsche Club learning how to do high(er) speed autocross. The whole event is 2 days, including teaching and running, but I only signed up for the teaching part. It was extremely well planned and run. The $45 included water, soda and lunch and a LOT of track time. I have been doing autocross for over a year and found this group to be definitely recommendable!!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:55 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Defintely sounds like fun, I was watching some of that NASCAR racing today and wish I could do something like that.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
TripleBlackxThree
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by mcintex
I just got done spending the day with Maverick Porsche Club learning how to do high(er) speed autocross. The whole event is 2 days, including teaching and running, but I only signed up for the teaching part. It was extremely well planned and run. The $45 included water, soda and lunch and a LOT of track time. I have been doing autocross for over a year and found this group to be definitely recommendable!!

I have a flyer for an event on 5/6. Local SCCA chapter is putting it on. It's on a saturday and the entry gets you in the autox the next day as well. Some of the top notch autox drivers will be there and will ride with you and critique. Did it a couple years ago and it was a good time.

No where near as cool as the PCA event, I would guess, as it's on a tight low speed course, but still a good learning experience.

There is also a ROVAL event the same weekend at TMS. Probably much more fun.

Get notified of new replies

To Now that was FUN!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Now that was FUN!