Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

GTG in DFW: Grapevine and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:46 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07

Default GTG in DFW: Grapevine and surrounding areas (Now on Wednesdays!)

GTG in DFW: Grapevine and surrounding areas
Meet when: Every Wednesday night at 7:00pm
Meet where: Rosa's Tortillia Factory in Hurst

If you live in the Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, Westlake, Trophy Club, Keller, Flower Mound, Highland Village, HEB, North Irving, NRH, Watauga, Haltom City, Richland Hills or most anywhere in northern Tarrant county, this is for us to meet up without having to drive 30 or 40 miles to meet other cool Corvette owners and shoot the shiznitz about our cars.

*** UPDATE ***
Next GTG: Wednesday (08/01/07) at 7:00pm
we will be meeting at Rosa's Tortillia Factory in Hurst.
It is at the northeast corner of the intersection of Precinct Line Rd. and Hwy 26 (Grapevine Hwy).
2200 Precinct Line Rd, Hurst, TX, 76054

I look forward to possibly seeing some of you out there next time.

- Jim

p.s. - to hopefully avert any confusion, "Yes, this GTG had been meeting every Thursday night since April of 2006, but it was changed to every Wednesday night as of Jan 31, 2007." We're hoping this may afford some people who had scheduling conflicts with Thursday to come out and join us!

Last edited by BarneePhife; 07-30-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:29 PM
TripleBlackxThree
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I think this is a great idea. I live in Keller and have gone over to Plano a couple time but the drive is brutal during the week. I would vote for a different night though. Don't think I could make it most Sundays. Hope you can pull this together! I'd be in most other nights.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Hey, It seems like I'm 20 miles from everybody, but I like the idea. Besides Cruiser's has kind of been slow lately. I like Willhoite's, but the parking will be a problem. I definitely won't park on the street. Why not someplace at Grapevine Mills? Lots of space there.

Can't do this Sunday, as I said I'd go to Murphy if the weather held.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Gray Fox
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Sun's aren't good for us just b'cuz the kiddo has school the next day.

But we love the idea of a GTG on this side of town!
Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
TripleBlackxThree
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by sxe60
Hey, It seems like I'm 20 miles from everybody, but I like the idea. Besides Cruiser's has kind of been slow lately. I like Willhoite's, but the parking will be a problem. I definitely won't park on the street. Why not someplace at Grapevine Mills? Lots of space there.

Can't do this Sunday, as I said I'd go to Murphy if the weather held.
The street parking around Wilhoits is all parallel parking. Parking as a group would be difficult.

But there is plenty of room at Grapevine Mills all right. There are some good places to eat around there too, but separate parking for most of those. Another option might be around Chucks in Grapevine. Good parking lot there except on "carshow Saturday". It's right along 114 at William D. Tate.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

WW! This is great!

Since I haven't been to Willhoite's personally, I wasn't sure of the parking situation, but kind of thought it might be a problem.

I like the idea of one of the places by Grapevine Mills Mall. I drove past there a couple of nights ago. I didn't notice anyplace that had much of a patio for outdoor seating. Anybody have ideas? I know Cozymel's has a small patio. Not sure about Fuddruckers. There's someplace new that I just noticed - some sort of 50's-looking joint (not Steak-N-Shake); but again, didn't notice a patio. I guess a patio isn't required, but it's nice to be able to see our cars while we hang out. If you've ever been to Cruisers, you know what I mean.

It also sounds like there's already a good deal of interest, but Sunday isn't the day of choice for many. Vetterable and I had also talked about Thursdays.

If you're interested in coming, I would like to stick with our current plan of Willhoite's this Sunday, but try to get a different day and location nailed down for the following week.

It's great to see so much interest already.

George, why am I not surprised to see that you would come. Is there ANYTHING Corvette related that you dont' make it to? It would be great to have you there!

- Jim
Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Gray Fox
Team Owner

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

In Due time you'll start seeing more GTG being set up for the area!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

There are lots of places in this area for GTGs, it all depends on what everyone is looking for. When I have been to Wilhoites, I would say it is ok. There is a lot across the street that most people park at. There are no lines in the lot, so it can be a free-for-all. Unless you find a space on the street. It is usually a busy place, but I have never been there on a Sunday. I am agreeing that we need something in the MidCities area. But I am thinking maybe a Thursday in the future? As a future suggestion, I do know of a small mexican place on 114 in Solana that has plenty of parking, good food, and a patio. It is in the Solana Village off Kirkwood. Everything closes around it (except the Marriot) at 5, so it is never too busy on most weekdays (ask me how I know).
Old 05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
TripleBlackxThree
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07

I'd be in for Thursdays for sure. Cozymels has a nice patio and IMO great food, but most of the parking is in the back as I recall. There may be some on the patio side and if so, maybe we could get them to cone it off like Cuisers.

mcintex'es suggestion in Solana sounds good too. For the mid-cities challenged, it's only 5 minutes or so up 114 from Grapevine.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Vetterable
Advanced

I spoke with Sue at Willhoits. She said Sunday night is not too busy.
If the weather is good, there will probably be some bikes there, they park on the street in front of the building. There is a parking lot across the street from the patio area - front door - as mentioned earlier in the thread. Also there is a parking lot on the side of the building although line of sight to this side parking lot is not good.

We'll give it a try this Sunday & see how it goes. Hope u can show up. I'm up for a different day/location as well - whatever works for the majority.
C U there.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:36 AM
fsuguy
Drifting

mustang guys hang at chuck's... but it's neat to look at some of the other older cars....
Old 05-05-2006, 12:00 PM
DFWLCJ
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Jim
I love this idea. Will try to make Wilhoites Sunday.
As a "biker" I have spent some time there...hard to see the lot accross the street and the patio is usually pretty full of the "regulars" in fact I think some of them must sleep there

I have to go by again and look at the layout but Ritas (In front of Lowes where you "carded" me) seemed like the patio looked out over part of the lot and had good visibility.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:04 PM
StealthZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in going if the weather is nice, but I think parking is going to be a huge issue though (I don't park along the street, and I'm certainly not leaving it unattended in a remote lot). I'll probably cruise by and check out the situation. I was down by main street for the first time the other day and the parking situation there is an absolute nightmare.

Last edited by EricR-TX; 05-05-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:24 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by DFWLCJ
Jim
I love this idea. Will try to make Wilhoites Sunday.
As a "biker" I have spent some time there...hard to see the lot accross the street and the patio is usually pretty full of the "regulars" in fact I think some of them must sleep there

I have to go by again and look at the layout but Ritas (In front of Lowes where you "carded" me) seemed like the patio looked out over part of the lot and had good visibility.

"carded"
Glad to see I left an impression. Would be great to meet you. Hope you can make it on Sunday.

"Ritas"?? I am guessing you mean "Rosa's", as in "Rosa's Tortillia Factory"? If so, you're right, that Rosa's (as well as all others I've been to) have a pretty good sized patio. I don't know of one in Grapevine though.

We'll find something eventually!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:27 PM
BarneePhife
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by EricR-TX
I'm interested in going if the weather is nice, but I think parking is going to be a huge issue though (I don't park along the street, and I'm certainly not leaving it unattended in a remote lot). I'll probably cruise by and check out the situation. I was down by main street for the first time the other day and the parking situation there is an absolute nightmare.
I understand your concern. If it's not a good parking situation, I won't badmouth you for skipping this Sunday. Based on the feedback received so far, this will probably be the first and last time at Willhoite's just because of the parking situation.

Sorry that we picked a place with such an "unfriendly" parking situation. We'll get it right soon.

From what I've been hearing, they're forcasting really nice weather for Sunday.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

Location: The Surgeon General has warned that it's ok to smoke mustangs!
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Alright peeps....I'm the king of Mid-Cities, and the kings says we're all meeting up at the....
Old 05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by BAMF AE
Alright peeps....I'm the king of Mid-Cities, and the kings says we're all meeting up at the....
"kings"

Are you celebrating "Cinco" early today Serkan?

Get notified of new replies

To GTG in DFW: Grapevine and surrounding areas

Old 05-05-2006, 05:22 PM
BAMF AE
Safety Car

Location: The Surgeon General has warned that it's ok to smoke mustangs!
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by mcintex
"kings"

Are you celebrating "Cinco" early today Serkan?
Take me drunk..I'm home!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
mcintex
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by BAMF AE
Take me drunk..I'm home!
Sorry, but the wife wants to see MI3. Now.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:52 PM
DFWLCJ
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Jim
You are correct...It is Rosa's Tortilla Factory at the corner of 26 and Precinct Line Rd on the Colleyville/Hurst/NRH Border..and thats close enough to Grapevine...heck its way closer that Arlington or Plano/Frisco

Quick Reply: GTG in DFW: Grapevine and surrounding areas