Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Austin Area Car Meet Saturday Evenings

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Rainmaker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Austin Area Car Meet Saturday Evenings

The old 620 & IH35 location in Round Rock is no longer available. The new location is next to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant (in front of Tinseltown) in Pflugerville on IH-35.

There were at least 60 cars of all types there on Saturday night. There was a charity car show, and some people brought a BIG screen TV setup to watch the UT game. There were no burnouts nor loud music. Just a very diverse easy-going group of people talking about cars.

Texas Roadhouse
15415 N. I-35 (service road Northbound)
Pflugerville, Texas 78660

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you north guys found a new spot! as for the South Austin meet, there are still cars gathering in the old albertsons parking lot at 7010 hwy 71 west (the "Y" in oak hill) however i noticed capital metro has set up some sort of "park and ride" system taking up 1/4 of the parking spots. It'll be interesting to see what happens!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Way2Slow
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Its a decent spot. Some friends and I showed up around 930pm and hung out for awhile.

Rainmaker; My friend said you had an issue with your car? Hope everything is alright.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 PM
ShadowLight
Racer

Sweet, I think I want to check that out this weekend.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Rainmaker
Racer

Originally Posted by Way2Slow
Its a decent spot. Some friends and I showed up around 930pm and hung out for awhile.

Rainmaker; My friend said you had an issue with your car? Hope everything is alright.
On the way to the meet on Saturday, my engine began missing/lugging badly. Some very nice people at the meet tried to help diagnose the problem. The consensus was the MAF or O2 sensor. This morning I took the car to the shop Turbo-Marc (fastest POS I’ve ever seen; really great guy) works at. The preliminary diagnosis is an O2 sensor.

Was your car that great looking MS C6Z sitting by itself? I was wondering who owned that beauty.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Way2Slow
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
On the way to the meet on Saturday, my engine began missing/lugging badly. Some very nice people at the meet tried to help diagnose the problem. The consensus was the MAF or O2 sensor. This morning I took the car to the shop Turbo-Marc (fastest POS I’ve ever seen; really great guy) works at. The preliminary diagnosis is an O2 sensor.
Yes Marc knows alot and does have the fastest POS ever. Im sure him, Chris and everyone else at Performance motorsports/ Boost Logic will get you all fixed up

Was your car that great looking MS C6Z sitting by itself? I was wondering who owned that beauty.
Yes that was my car, thanks for the compliment Your car looks REALLY good with those CCW T10s. I was thinking about getting those.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:44 PM
oneshot
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The old 620 & IH35 location in Round Rock is no longer available. The new location is next to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant (in front of Tinseltown) in Pflugerville on IH-35.

There were at least 60 cars of all types there on Saturday night. There was a charity car show, and some people brought a BIG screen TV setup to watch the UT game. There were no burnouts nor loud music. Just a very diverse easy-going group of people talking about cars.

Texas Roadhouse
15415 N. I-35 (service road Northbound)
Pflugerville, Texas 78660

Its a really nice show. My brother-in-law organized the show with Texas Road House and Sub Sonic as sponsers. He puts the show on for the Pflugerville Football Foundation. Sometimes it is a full car show with awards. Most time it is just for fun. He has it setup with Texas Road House so they will send a wait person out to get your drink orders or food orders while you look at the cars. He has it setup so if people come with loud stereos or ricer cars, he does not allow them to show with the rest of the cars. He makes them park way in the back or sends them packing. Most of the people we talked to from the 620 shows said it was the ricers that killed that show. So he wants nothing to do with them. If you have an American muscle car, classic, or rat rod. Or if you can play nicely with others. Come by Saturday night.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

bueller... bueller...
Old 11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
0Brian@RPT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by oneshot
Its a really nice show. My brother-in-law organized the show with Texas Road House and Sub Sonic as sponsers. He puts the show on for the Pflugerville Football Foundation. Sometimes it is a full car show with awards. Most time it is just for fun. He has it setup with Texas Road House so they will send a wait person out to get your drink orders or food orders while you look at the cars. He has it setup so if people come with loud stereos or ricer cars, he does not allow them to show with the rest of the cars. He makes them park way in the back or sends them packing. Most of the people we talked to from the 620 shows said it was the ricers that killed that show. So he wants nothing to do with them. If you have an American muscle car, classic, or rat rod. Or if you can play nicely with others. Come by Saturday night.
I need to check that one out
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Was there for the first time last night. Only 6-7 'Vettes, C5 & C6 only. 3 C6's, all '08's. Not as big a meet as 620/I35 but cleaner and quieter. A good selection of cars but nowhere near the crowds of previous meets. Not all of the parking lot was lit so some of the cars were hard to see.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm back this weekend after a wedding and birthday out of town. I'll try to make it. I also wanted to visit Motion Dynamics Saturday to see if they can take a look at why my gas mileage is so eratic. TX Vette recommended them so will do an on site visit.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haljensen
Was there for the first time last night. Only 6-7 'Vettes, C5 & C6 only. 3 C6's, all '08's. Not as big a meet as 620/I35 but cleaner and quieter. A good selection of cars but nowhere near the crowds of previous meets. Not all of the parking lot was lit so some of the cars were hard to see.

Anyone going tonight?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
BuzzKiller06
Intermediate

Default Austin Area Meet

Do local auto enthusiasts still meet on Saturday evenings at this new location? If so, what time does the meet kick off? I was there last Saturday at 8:00 PM and no one was there.....I would love to meet folks who also love to drive the Vette.
Thanks.

Wayne Sinibaldi, Ph.D.
Corvette lover
Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
ESturm
Advanced

A few of us still meet. There were 7 cars there last Saturday. I stayed there a little after 7:00 PM. Lot of people went by but didn't stop. Most of us parked towards the front of the lot along the frontage road for IH-35

The weather, Texas Tech-OU game, and a car show that day probably limited attendance.

I suspect the attendance will be light until spring.

Everett Sturm
Old 12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
aTX427

I just picked up my car from Dallas Performance and just in time - Should be nice this weekend. Anyone going out Saturday? I was thinking about hitting up the Y until dark then head up to the Texas Roadhouse. What time do people show up at either location?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
ESturm
Advanced

I'll probably be there for a short while.

A few of us have stopped by the last couple of Saturdays around 6:00 PM and stayed until 6:30 PM since no one elde was there.

Everett Sturm
Old 12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
aTX427

was that up north or at the Y? I was under the impression that the Roadhouse doesn't get going until after dark.

Get notified of new replies

To Austin Area Car Meet Saturday Evenings

Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

i'll join you at the Y and follow ya to roadhouse. finally some decent weather tomorrow!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:22 PM
ESturm
Advanced

This was up north at the roadhouse.

The car show is supposed to be from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

Everett Sturm
Old 12-12-2008, 11:18 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkRx
i'll join you at the Y and follow ya to roadhouse. finally some decent weather tomorrow!
I'll try to meet you at the Y on Saturday with the ZR1, but my wife and I are taking the Lamborghini to Eddie V's at 6pm.

Quick Reply: Austin Area Car Meet Saturday Evenings