Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston Corvette Collision & Custom Paintwork

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:13 PM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Corvette Collision & Custom Paintwork

For those that have not heard of us before I would like to give you some information about our facility, business and services.
As Richey Collision Inc we have been repairing and reconstructing cars, trucks etc since 1991, I myself started out in the U.K. doing paint and body @ 16 years old (we're out on the streets @ 16) doing prepping then progressing into painting and body work I worked with some talented people old school panel beaters as they are referred to across the pond.
We started out doing collision repairs and paint work and carved ourselves a niche in Your beloved Corvette Community, which has been for the last 14 years.
What can you expect when you have a wreck, someone on your side with the experience and knowledge, to deal with your insurance co that who's only goal is to limit their liability (loosely translated "money") and provide as little services too you as possible.!
Rest assured when you leave your vehicle in our care we'll treat it like its our own, fix it as if we're our own, guide you through the process and red tape, advise you on how to make your claim ,what part of your policy to claim it under and what your entitled too and make sure you don't leave any of what is essentially, your money on the table.
Our facility comprises of 5700 square ft
2 downdraft paint booths with 1,000,000 btu heaters
2 frame machines 1 Chief capable of making up to 10 pulls 1 Kansas Jack.
GM frame bench with dedicated fixtures for C5 & C6 frames, one of only 4 in the country,the only way to go if your replacing a frame rail or rails.
In house paint mixing with computerized color matching connected to the paint co website.
And much much more, but all this equipment wont do you any good if you don't have the people to use it.
Computerized estimating with an experienced estimator.
Paint dept with 2-3 painters me being the -3 if I need to step in I can still sling a paint gun and lay out the paint & clear.
Body men 2-3 again me being -3 if needed.
Detail dept 2 to make finish Flawless and your insides clean.
Office 2 Karen & Chris.
Experience Priceless -- shop combined 155 years.
Thanks for your time & consideration for reading this post.

Chris & Karen Watts
Richey Collision Inc.
12221 Veterans Memorial Drive
Houston Texas 77067
281 893 6341
832 249 vett
richeycollisioninc.com
richeycollision@sbcglobal.net

A few pics of some of our work.http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...cheycollision/
Attached Images       

Last edited by I-Kandy; 06-20-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added a link
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,070 Posts

I know all about you guys. My truck is next in line for some work (again - you already fixed it once). Thanks for the great job on my Honda. I hope my Vette won't ever have need of repairs, but when a vented hood comes up for installation, you'll definitely be my shop of choice.

--Vince
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
0Robert@G-Force
Former Vendor

We use Richie exclusively their work is top notch
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Default Hey Vince

Originally Posted by EViL427
I know all about you guys. My truck is next in line for some work (again - you already fixed it once). Thanks for the great job on my Honda. I hope my Vette won't ever have need of repairs, but when a vented hood comes up for installation, you'll definitely be my shop of choice.

--Vince
Thanks Vince That Z06 looks bad ***,look forward to fixing up your truck.
Chris & Karen
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Default Thanks G Force.

Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force
We use Richie exclusively their work is top notch
Hey Robert thanks for the compliment,and your business keep sending em and we'll keep making em look pretty.
Chris & Karen
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Let me say I this is my number one company that paints cars IMO.
They did my Kandy Corvette back in the day!!

Here are a few photos of my old car with there paint job!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Welcome aboard, some very impressive work.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Awesome Lambo Orange would be cool on my C5
Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
N2 TRBL
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I'd like to publicly thank Chris and Karen for the first class service and the top quality work they've done for me over the years.

Well, where do I start? Hmm, I've been in 7 accidents (maybe one or two more? I've lost count.) in Houston in my almost 10 years living/driving here (0 have been my fault). Richey Collision has been THE place to go for me each time.

( Understatement: ) Richey's service is above and beyond what is called for. COUNTLESS times has Karen gone to bat for me vs. the tightwad insurance companies who try to be cheat you on every corner, ignore my requests and phone calls, and insurance companies have always tried to go the cheap route and put refurbished BS on my otherwise brand new vehicle. Karen has even dealt with the damn car rental companies trying to charge me extra days because they did not pick up the car when they were told. I could go on and on about these situations. Through all these headaches/stomach problems/high blood pressure/time consuming arguments and follow up calls, paperwork and faxes/brain tumor inducing moments...Karen and Chris have handled all this with persistence and won every last annoying conflict for me and my vehicle. Karen's paperwork and documentation work is so good, it borders on insanity.

Workmanship? I bought my 2003 C5 brand new off the showroom floor...Chris has repaired it through 5 accidents in 3 years. And each time I got my car back, it looked better (and cleaner) than the day I bought her brand new. No kidding. There something to say about people taking personal pride in their work...it's a rare thing.

They've seen me through 3 different vehicles with accidents so far, and unless they throw in the towel and retire, I wouldn't take my car anywhere else...wouldn’t even give it any thought.

Thank you so much...for so much,
-Royce

XCELER8...I've seen your ride when it was in the shop a few years back (while my 2003 was in there). I know first hand that Chris and Karen busted their asses and gave 175% to have the car turn out like it did.

Originally Posted by XCELER8
Let me say I this is my number one company that paints cars IMO.
They did my Kandy Corvette back in the day!!

Here are a few photos of my old car with there paint job!

Last edited by N2 TRBL; 06-18-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
txbikerdude
Instructor

welcome!!! awesome pics
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Default Thank You

We really appreciate the posts, and comments, THANK YOU for making us feel so welcome. If you need anything, or have any questions please let us know. We've been doing Corvette work for years and have alot of experience, with aftermarket hoods, bumpers, etc. We'll be more than happy to help in anyway we can.

Thanx again for all the positive feed back!

Chris and Karen

Last edited by I-Kandy; 06-19-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

We use Richey as well. Glad to see my car and one of our customer cars up there!
Karen!

Jason
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

As Jason said, we recommend Richey Collision to ALL of our customers

Stephen
Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 PM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Default Love englandgreen

Originally Posted by eg@englandgreen
as jason said, we recommend richey collision to all of our customers

stephen
new bff
Old 06-19-2009, 12:03 AM
0I-Kandy
Former Vendor

Default Lambo Orange

Originally Posted by peter pan
Awesome Lambo Orange would be cool on my C5
We did a C5 coupe for Tuan Le in 2002 Nitrous Bottle etc and a convertible in 2003 For Doc Holiday with Carravaggio Hardtop Z06 blended brake ducts GFG 20" body colored spokes spector werks hood and rear facia,with real flame coming out of the front coves going down the doors with Lingenfelter in flames, willwood big brake kit to stop the 427 c5r twin turbo,I"ll post up some pics when I find some.
Whenever your ready bring it down to Htown we'll hook it up, it is a timeless color that's for sure, the Viper is incredible, pictures do not do it justice,will also post up the 41 Willis we did Tangelo orange also, it beat out Boyd Coddingtons Boydster 2 in Sonoma Washington a couple of years back.
Thanks for looking Chris & Karen Watts.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:01 PM
GZ06
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 12 Posts

What else can be said!?

Karen and Chris are two of the best people in the industry. We should all be privileged to have a company this close to "home" to help us complete the final touches of our pride&joys!

I could probably write a novel on how great this company is, but in a "nut shell" If you need custom paint or body work done Richie Collision is the only company to go too.

A Picture is worth a thousand words:

Thank you again Chris and Karen!!!!!

Miss you guys!
G
Old 06-19-2009, 03:09 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by I-Kandy
We did a C5 coupe for Tuan Le in 2002 Nitrous Bottle etc and a convertible in 2003 For Doc Holiday with Carravaggio Hardtop Z06 blended brake ducts GFG 20" body colored spokes spector werks hood and rear facia,with real flame coming out of the front coves going down the doors with Lingenfelter in flames, willwood big brake kit to stop the 427 c5r twin turbo,I"ll post up some pics when I find some.
Whenever your ready bring it down to Htown we'll hook it up, it is a timeless color that's for sure, the Viper is incredible, pictures do not do it justice,will also post up the 41 Willis we did Tangelo orange also, it beat out Boyd Coddingtons Boydster 2 in Sonoma Washington a couple of years back.
Thanks for looking Chris & Karen Watts.
Thanks and I will keep you guys in mind

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Corvette Collision & Custom Paintwork

Old 06-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Mrimpala02
Instructor

Chris & Karen definately have a top notch shop there!! They paint matched my rear spoiler, splash guards, and black-outed all my side markers and tail lights. They also painted my rear valence and brake vents gloss black for me as well. Top Quality work!!!

The Top pic is tinted tails vs painted tails by Richey Collision!!

Last edited by Mrimpala02; 06-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Dvlray6
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Karen and Chris have done all of my paint/body work since 2006 They also installed, painted, and cleared my MCM carbon hood. Richey is a fantastic shop that has more than exceeded all of my expectations. I wouldn't use anyone else - plus Chris and Karen are great folks.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
usarmycor
Advanced

Default Millie LeMans

Richey Collision is the shop that painted my Vette and it was the best money I ever spent. They take a great deal of pride when working on the vehicles. They are both great and easy to work with.

Quick Reply: Houston Corvette Collision & Custom Paintwork