Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

New Z owner in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:05 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New Z owner in Houston

After years in the RX7 community, I have switched over to the Corvette as my new drug. I just picked up an 07 LMB Z06 and was just curious if there is any type of meets, clubs, etc... with the Vette family in the Houston area. I live in the Katy area, moved here about a year ago and so far I am not involved in the car scene in Houston, but I remember building some good relationships through the RX7 community over the years, so I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were other car nuts in the Corvette world as well.

I am not much into car shows, but I do enjoy cruises, race events (drag or road), etc... I am planning to build this car for as an all purpose car, so I can simply have fun with it. I have had drag cars before and I just don't truly enjoy them as much, so I am hoping the Z provides me with a great platform just to have fun with on the street or the track.

-Scott
Old 05-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

Originally Posted by lane_change
After years in the RX7 community, I have switched over to the Corvette as my new drug. I just picked up an 07 LMB Z06 and was just curious if there is any type of meets, clubs, etc... with the Vette family in the Houston area. I live in the Katy area, moved here about a year ago and so far I am not involved in the car scene in Houston, but I remember building some good relationships through the RX7 community over the years, so I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were other car nuts in the Corvette world as well.

I am not much into car shows, but I do enjoy cruises, race events (drag or road), etc... I am planning to build this car for as an all purpose car, so I can simply have fun with it. I have had drag cars before and I just don't truly enjoy them as much, so I am hoping the Z provides me with a great platform just to have fun with on the street or the track.

-Scott
Scott!
We're in the Katy area also......MY 08 Z06. With all the clubs in the greater Metro area, there's usually something going on. Saturday nights up near Tomball is the Nifty Fifty's show, first Saturday of the month is Cars and Coffee at Uptown Park and the corvette clubs usually have something going on whether it's a cruise or a get together or some track time.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:47 AM
mr. creosote
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the Vette family! I live in West Houston, but I'm in NWHouston Vette Rods. We meet for coffee & B.S. @ Starbucks
every Sunday morning around 9am at Spring Cypress & Champions Forest. There's gonna be a cruise up to Roundtop for lunch on June 6. http://www.nwhoustonvette-rods.com/index.html
Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats!!! I am a little bit aways from Houston but just another Texas guy wanting to say welcome!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Welcome to the Vette community, Scott! We met (briefly) when you dropped by the shop to talk to Jason - I was running out the door with my HP Tuners laptop!

Stephen
Old 05-28-2010, 03:54 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome to the forum and to Katy, Scott

lots of good Corvette Clubs in Houston- I am a member of San Jacinto Corvette Club and have had a Lot of fun with country "spirited" cruises and some track days at Grand Sport Speedway - with the club... there are some pretty serious racers as well as waxers and cruisers - something for everyone -- you are sure welcome: http://www.sanjacintocorvetteclub.org

hope to see that Z around Katy (Cinco Ranch for me)

also note there is a gathering of all types of cars each friday evening in front of Swampy's ..99 @ I10
Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

welcome, what side of Houston are you on?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

got any pictures of your Z?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,057 Posts

http://www.texasperformanceevents.com

Plenty of events to keep you busy.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. creosote
Welcome to the Vette family! I live in West Houston, but I'm in NWHouston Vette Rods. We meet for coffee & B.S. @ Starbucks
every Sunday morning around 9am at Spring Cypress & Champions Forest. There's gonna be a cruise up to Roundtop for lunch on June 6. http://www.nwhoustonvette-rods.com/index.html
Every time I wake up Sunday morning, I mean to get there, but then I look at the clock and see it's almost 10:00 AM.

Not easy dragging myself out of bed that early on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Andrew6
got any pictures of your Z?
Not yet, I am flying to Miami to pick her up on Tuesday. I live in SW Katy near 1093.

Evil427 - I just registered at TPE, hopefully I find some good meet and such, I am hoping to use the car, not just diaper it. I bought it to work it.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lane_change
Not yet, I am flying to Miami to pick her up on Tuesday. I live in SW Katy near 1093.

Evil427 - I just registered at TPE, hopefully I find some good meet and such, I am hoping to use the car, not just diaper it. I bought it to work it.
flying to Miami for a road trip . I wanna go!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

I have done more road trips fetching cars than I can count. I have been everywhere on the East Coast fetching cars, Maine, New York, Connecticut, Virginia, Delaware, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Kansas...some states multiple times. For some reason, I have never bought a car West of Texas/Oklahoma. I end up having cars shipped from California...never road tripped that direction.

I am looking forward to it, be nice to get away and hit some stops along the way coming back.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
tommie
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

welcome to the vette side!!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 PM
c5_droptop
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Welcome....

As folks mentioned, there are numerous clubs. All are getting together for a huge event in October. All their links and details on the show are at http://www.corvetteclubsofgreaterhouston.com/.

I personally am with the Northwest Houston Vettes and Rods as well as Sam Houston Corvette Club. Great folks overall in the Corvette community here though.

One other event that is on a monthly basis is a Woodlands Coffee the first Sunday of the month. All sorts of cars show up to that one.

Dave
Old 05-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats and welcome!

Bring that new car up for this!

All Charity All Vette Show!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats on the new Z from the Woodlands!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the welcomes.

Oh, sorry...not planning a trip to Norman, OK for a car show. Good luck with your event, however car shows are pretty much the last thing I want to attend with the car. It will be parked plenty at home in the garage, no need to travel to park it again.

Get notified of new replies

To New Z owner in Houston

Quick Reply: New Z owner in Houston