Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

El Paso Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 AM
squidnut
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default El Paso Vettes

Anyone in El Paso know where and when is a vette owner get together. If there is not one lets make it and string some vettes along I-10 in a cruise.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:00 PM
DEZMO
Intermediate

I'm in, where and when? Any other members located in Ft. Bliss or El Paso, TX?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
squidnut
Advanced

Default EL Paso Vettes

Hopefully we can get some more to reply and put something together. I will put the word out to all vette owners I see and have them reply to this thread. Maybe itll work.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squidnut
Anyone in El Paso know where and when is a vette owner get together. If there is not one lets make it and string some vettes along I-10 in a cruise.
sorry but any self-respecting Vette owner in El Paso will be cruisng Trans-Mountain, not I10.....
Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 PM
squidnut
Advanced

see now thats the problem, thinking small. I-10 El paso to Las Cruces or even turn up I-25 to albuqerque. Self respecting vette owners like to cruise long. If your gonna go, go big or go home.not talking about I-10 IN el paso. thats not a cruise, thats self defensive driving there

Last edited by squidnut; 12-05-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

not talking about I-10 IN el paso. thats not a cruise, thats self defensive driving there

Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Start one of these and see what happens. We have had as many as 159 Vettes cruise to lunch since!

APPLICATION FOR NON-MEMBERSHIP
NON-CLUB CLUB

I, ____________________ SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO PAY NO DUES, NEVER TO VOTE ON ANY MATTER OR ACTIVITY, TO JUST SHOW UP WHENEVER MY PRESENCE IT NOT REQUIRED AT BUT IS ALLOWED, THAT I WILL NEVER COME TO ANY NON CLUB CLUB NON OFFICIAL ACTIVITY IN ANY CAR OR TRUCK THAT COULD BE DESIGNATED BY ANY OTHER NON CLUB CLUB NON MEMBER AS A "RICER". I FURTHER PLEDGE TO SCORN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHT IF DEEMED NECESSAY BY A NON VOTE OF THE MAJORITY OF NON MEMBERS ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY NON PREAPPROVED "UN" MEMBER TO NOT WANT TO BECOME A NON MEMBER IN THE NON CLUB CLUB WHO APPLYS FOR SAID NON MEMEBERSHIP IF SAID NON APPLICANT DOES NOT OWN AT LEAST ONE

CORVETTE

SO HELP ME, BOWLING GREEN

SIGNED___________________ DATE_______________

Please print, sign and date, then destroy in a manner that leaves no evidence whatsoever!

AND YOU WILL NOT NEED THESE!

THE NON CLUB CLUB of OKLAHOMA OR ANYWHERE

THE NONRULES AND WHYLAWS

SECTION ONE – THE NONRULES

1. There are no Rules!
2. See nonrule number 1.

SECTION TWO – THE WHYLAWS

1. The Whylaws are not needed but since they are required for some unknown reason we have agreed to not have the following:
a. No one shall be excluded from nonmembership unless they don’t own a Corvette, know someone who does, never wants to own one, or thinks that Corvettes suck.
b. Dues will not be accepted at any time! If you feel the need to buy something, buy a beer, lunch, dinner or a very expensive mod for another nonmember.
c. Compliments on a nonmember’s Vette are encouraged but not required unless you are trying to trick another nonmember into complying with 1.b. above. Then it might be a good idea.
d. Trash talking on the Corvette Forum, in person, or on any other semi-acceptable form of communication is very much encouraged, but, not required.
e. Modding of any Corvette is permissible at any time for any reason even if no one understands or agrees with the mod in nonquestion.
f. No votes are considered binding for any reason whatsoever for whatever the vote was taken for because,,,,,no votes can be counted because no voting will be allowed or recognized. See Nonrule number 1.
g. Aspirin is the recommended, but non required drug to ingest before reading further.
h. Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonevents are non sanctioned by anybody, any Body unless the nonmembers nonagree that it is cool to show up or not.
i. A fully nonsanctioned Non Club Club of Oklahoma event is defined as anytime one or more nonmembers do anything while doing that function within 10,000 miles of their Corvette or if the nonmember thinks about their Corvette within three and one half weeks of performing the aforementioned thing they were doing.
j. Any nonmember can be identified as driving or parking any Vette as either really clean or really filthy or anywhere in between at anytime unless it is real dark. Then, and only then, unless nobody cares or notices, can such identification and description be a matter of discussion or not.
k. Photographic evidence of Mods are encouraged but not required unless a nonmember throws the smiley face with the BS flag, either in person or on the Corvette Forum or other acceptable communication forum. In case of the noncompliance with this whylaw, nothing will be done, maybe.
l. Street Racing is Officially discouraged and will not be tolerated,,,,but will be graded.
m. At NO Time shall any nonmember not belong to the Non Club Club of Oklahoma unless at that time the nonmember secretly needs to not belong in order to save his or her life, or, get laid.
n. Ricer owners SUCK! Mostly.
o. Nonsanctioned Nonevents don’t count unless any nonmember wants them to, or not.
p. Never, and WE mean NEVER does any nonmember EVER,,,,,,, NEVERMIND!
q. Damn, we are only on q. Well we don’t like q. Or do we?
r. All attempts to increase RWHP or RWTQ are encouraged. But non required,,,,yeah right.
s. Pictures of Non Club Club of Oklahoma NonEvents are Nonsanctioned and cannot be sold, reproduced, copied, edited or given away without the expressed written consent of the pictured nonmember’s car or nonmember. Or not.
t. Really BAD pics can cause death or bodily harm to be inflicted on the photographer by a nonvote of the entire nonmembership.
u. Really tacky, drunken, sober, ugly or any where in between behavior will be noticed.
v. All nonmembers are nonrequired to have on their person or in their console enough quarters to wash their Vette just in case it needs it! Or not.
w. Nonmembers can never renounce their nonmembership unless they don’t have a Vette anymore, pledge to never own a Vette ever again, buy a RICER or decide to purchase a Ugo. In which case a special Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonmeeting will not be called to not decide whether or not the nonmember should lose his or her nonmembership status.
x. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as an accomplishment of any kind.
y. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as anything to be ashamed of. Unless, (see m. above) then it’s cool, or maybe just excusable.
z. Finally. See Below*

• Nothing on the previous pages means anything at all,,,,,,,,,,unless you want it to, and in that case don’t tell anyone because they won’t or shouldn’t care.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 PM
squidnut
Advanced

This is a damn shame. I have had 1 reply from El Paso and 2 from Oklahoma. This is embarrassing as a Texan and a Vette OwnerDEZMO thanks for sounding in for Fort Bliss, Yeah me too.

Last edited by squidnut; 12-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

i'll be there next summer to cruise
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

This is a damn shame. I have had 1 reply from El Paso and 2 from Oklahoma. This is embarrassing as a Texan and a Vette OwnerDEZMO thanks for sounding in for Fort Bliss, Yeah me too.

Just be embarrassed as a Texan, not a Vette owner!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

I spent 22 years down there... my little brother is still down there running a 2010 yellow Camaro. I will be in town for Christmas, so wave if you see us !
Old 12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Silverbullet00
Just be embarrassed as a Texan, not a Vette owner!
Dec 21st, 2009...

University of Oklahoma 74, UTEP 89

not feeling much shame....
Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Originally Posted by Leprkon
Dec 21st, 2009...

University of Oklahoma 74, UTEP 89

not feeling much shame....

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,,,but you count Wastebasketball as a sport!

I'll give Your Miners four games to score 89 on the football Sooners!

Thanks again for all your help!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:52 PM
venom_lightning
Advanced

I'm in White Sands, I'd luv to meet up w/y'all, I'm trying to get together w/a few others this Sat. not all Vette's though, GTO, Terminator etc.....out here beggers can't be choosers.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Have some patience squidnut, it took us awhile here in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area to get the word out to everyone about our cruises. Now when we announce one here on the forum we have from 20 to 45 cars show up, heck, we even get around that 15 show up when it is not even announced on the forum.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Have some patience squidnut, it took us awhile here in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area to get the word out to everyone about our cruises. Now when we announce one here on the forum we have from 20 to 45 cars show up, heck, we even get around that 15 show up when it is not even announced on the forum.

What he said!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Thompyt here in El fatso. Have coworker here with a c5 also

Get notified of new replies

To El Paso Vettes

Old 12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
DEZMO
Intermediate

So who's organizing our meet? Squid gets my vote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

see now thats the problem, thinking small. I-10 El paso to Las Cruces or even turn up I-25 to albuqerque. Self respecting vette owners like to cruise long. If your gonna go, go big or go home.not talking about I-10 IN el paso. thats not a cruise, thats self defensive driving there
Also got to learn to dodge the bullets coming across at times. There is a vette club here called "El Paso Corvette Club", go figure. They do stuff, but Im new here and to the vette so I havent been to any and I really didnt want to pay for membership so Im not sure what all they do. They have a internet site too. Ive seen a few vettes around so Im sure there are meets now and then.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM
squidnut
Advanced

sorry guys, was out for a few weeks (bout 5) I am definately in for setting something up. I also dont like paying dues to have fun. If ya wanna drive your car or chew the **** with your fellow vette fans, should not cost nothin but gas to get there. I got about 45,700 miles on my 2001 vert because I dont get to drive it much. I have had it a year and never took it on a long haul (50 to 100 miles). I will look around but lets get some ideas for a nice cruise with minimal traffic. 54 is a nice drive to Alamogordo but I have not been that way for awhile. Would like to get the area involved, (el paso, las cruces, alamogordo and the surrounding areas). We all know vettes have their little quirks and are definately not cheap to own, however we all know something that is common on the beautiful cars we drive and we can help each other. I rebuilt the headlight motors and replaced the brake module for bout 300 bucks. At a shop your lookin at over 1800 bucks. Doesnt necessarily have to be a cruise at first, just a real get together to chew the fat and pass on our knowledge.

Quick Reply: El Paso Vettes