Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Vette rental help needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM
SirLurkAlot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette rental help needed

My son and I made a deal that if he got an appointment to the Air Force Academy that he could take his girlfriend to the prom in a Corvette. (Not sure what is wrong with his 99 Explorer or an 08 Prius.) He got the call yesterday from both Cornyn & Barton's offices telling him he was appointed. (Yes, I am very proud!)

Anyone have any affordable suggestions for renting a corvette in Dallas area on April 21st for an 18 year-old with a perfect driving record. When we agreed on the vette- I was thinking Chevette but he had other thoughts.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
BrentC5Z
Pro

Here you go:

Hertz ZHZ
Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
TJay74
Safety Car

Received 328 Likes on 213 Posts

Other than most all rental places will not rent to or allow anyone under the age of 25 to rent the Vette I dont see how this will work unless you rent the car, lie to the rental company on who will be driving it and then let your son drive the car to the prom and pray nothing happens to the car while it is in his care.

Make sure to have any insurance you can on the rental just in case, and make sure the policy is not null and void if the car is damaged while in his car. You could end up with a hefty bill that comes out of your pocket directly.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
SirLurkAlot
2nd Gear

Default Thanks!

Thanks for link. TJay, the age 25 thing is a big issue. I am not necessarily comfortable deceiving the rental company for two reasons: Deception is not something I really want to encourage with my child and karma could mean something happens while in his care. I actually trust him to be responsible but it is the other drivers that I don't.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette rental help needed

Quick Reply: Vette rental help needed