Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

6th Annual Space City Corvette Club Dinner Cruise to the Top Water Grill !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Aggie_engr
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count the wife and I in!!! Dwayne and Kimberly...
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Thursday Bump!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM
ryanag03
Intermediate

St. Jude Donor '12

Default Plan to be there

The wife and I plan to be there for this ride!

ryanag03 + 1
Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put me down for 1, not 2.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Kneel 8250
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

TTT. To save Crankshaft today.

This is tomorrow guys. Usually a good run and great food.
Bring those Vette's out in the sun and have some laughs.

Kneel.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I don't eat seafood but they do have some pretty darn good chicken too.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Xyankee
4th Gear

We just joined SHCC a few months ago and really enjoy it. We're going to try and make it.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
VetteBoy1979
Le Mans Master

CI 3-4-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09-'12

Would love to come, but can't make it, again. Oh well, eat enough seafood for me too! haha
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 PM
BillSF49
Instructor

I will be the newbie, I will be there.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Also mine is really dirty. I was busy all week dealing with a broken a/c compressor and I don't feel like washing it in the dark tonight.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

Look forward to seeing all those Corvettes this afternoon.
Let's roll!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
BBLANSETT
2nd Gear

Default couple mote for today

Kristina, Ben & Casey Mosler will be joining us today.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Amy said her and Rich "Cookie" will be doing the cruise!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

A big thanks to all that came out yesterday to make this run. We hope you all enjoyed yourself and will join us again next year.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:10 PM
CaseyMoser
Intermediate

I was horribly dissatisfied with the cruise yesterday. Everything was ok until we got to freeport and had to drive through 5+ miles of construction/gravel! At that time I had one of space city corvette club members almost lose control as he came flying around several cars, he then cut in front of me, throwing large one inch chunks of gravel at my 9,000 mile 2006 c6z. This was the guy that owns The Car Spot car dealership, he was driving the ron fellows clone, white wide body with the maroon stripes on the front fenders. I wanted to beat the life out of him, which I was close to doing after he told me he would not pay for any damage incurred, when I approached his car at the San Luis pass bridge. So instead I checked for damage and was unable to find much more than some spots where the gravel hit but did not leave chips in the paint. I then decided to split from the cruise and go to The Spot instead of going to Topwater grill. I was so mad that I probably would have just caused a scene. Needless to say, myself and the six cars that came with me, will not be joining this event next year!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 PM
NelsonLt1
Advanced

Thank you Space City Corvette Club for putting this event on! The wife & I had a blast (but lucky I didn’t have rocks thrown on my car, or I wouldn’t have been as civil; sorry that happened to your car), we look forward to future events with the club.

Once again thanks for organizing this!
Luke & Stephanie Nelson

Old 07-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Tinkerbell_in_Texas
Team Owner

Location: There goes another beautiful theory about to be murdered by a brutal gang of facts. American in AUS.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14

It was great meeting you Luke and Stephanie!!! Wish we'd had more time to chat. Hope you can join us again maybe at our club meetings or at one of our street meets! (or anytime you're in the Katy area).

Get notified of new replies

To 6th Annual Space City Corvette Club Dinner Cruise to the Top Water Grill !!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM
1FASTVERT
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by CaseyMoser
I was horribly dissatisfied with the cruise yesterday. Everything was ok until we got to freeport and had to drive through 5+ miles of construction/gravel! At that time I had one of space city corvette club members almost lose control as he came flying around several cars, he then cut in front of me, throwing large one inch chunks of gravel at my 9,000 mile 2006 c6z. This was the guy that owns The Car Spot car dealership, he was driving the ron fellows clone, white wide body with the maroon stripes on the front fenders. I wanted to beat the life out of him, which I was close to doing after he told me he would not pay for any damage incurred, when I approached his car at the San Luis pass bridge. So instead I checked for damage and was unable to find much more than some spots where the gravel hit but did not leave chips in the paint. I then decided to split from the cruise and go to The Spot instead of going to Topwater grill. I was so mad that I probably would have just caused a scene. Needless to say, myself and the six cars that came with me, will not be joining this event next year!!!!
I was at the cruise also and was not happy with the road conditions but not much you can do about it. You can't blame the club for one persons actions either. Yes what he did was a dumb move and he should have made things right with you. Were you the same person that bumped a car on the toll bridge? We were taking it very easy going down that gravel road but opened it up after it. My wife and I enjoyed it very much and will be back next year to do it again. Great bunch of people!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
CaseyMoser
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1FASTVERT
I was at the cruise also and was not happy with the road conditions but not much you can do about it. You can't blame the club for one persons actions either. Yes what he did was a dumb move and he should have made things right with you. Were you the same person that bumped a car on the toll bridge? We were taking it very easy going down that gravel road but opened it up after it. My wife and I enjoyed it very much and will be back next year to do it again. Great bunch of people!!!!!!
Are you asking me if I bumped a car at a toll bridge? I am a professional driver, and not only did I not "bump" a car on the toll bridge, I would never do such a thing. I'm not blaming the entire club but I do think someone that knows this joker should have a talk with him, before he pisses someone off that's not nearly as forgiving. I am young and have too much to live for than to go to jail for vigilant justice. Turning this around on me doesn't show your level of intelligance to be much more than that of your fellow club member, who's lack of driving skill and proper decision making says nothing good for your "club"... All in all, in my opinion, this cruise sucked. HPD puts on much better cruises, and they don't discriminate against different types of cars. I actually heard a woman say," what are these Camaros doing here, this isn't a Chevy cruise." I myself am a vette owner, but I still put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else... On top of that, I saw a Space City Corvette member driving a GTO, which is even further from a vette than a Camaro. Like I said this cruise sucked, case closed.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CaseyMoser
Are you asking me if I bumped a car at a toll bridge? I am a professional driver, and not only did I not "bump" a car on the toll bridge, I would never do such a thing. I'm not blaming the entire club but I do think someone that knows this joker should have a talk with him, before he pisses someone off that's not nearly as forgiving. I am young and have too much to live for than to go to jail for vigilant justice. Turning this around on me doesn't show your level of intelligance to be much more than that of your fellow club member, who's lack of driving skill and proper decision making says nothing good for your "club"... All in all, in my opinion, this cruise sucked. HPD puts on much better cruises, and they don't discriminate against different types of cars. I actually heard a woman say," what are these Camaros doing here, this isn't a Chevy cruise." I myself am a vette owner, but I still put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else... On top of that, I saw a Space City Corvette member driving a GTO, which is even further from a vette than a Camaro. Like I said this cruise sucked, case closed.
:GroupHUG: I personally love all cars. Especially fast ones . What happened was horrible and shouldn't have happened especially in Texas where most everyone has a CHL As for the cruise... it's something that happnes once a year and is intended for folks to meet up have a good time and grab a bite to eat. Not really intended for super speeds. I do hope your experience doesn't sour you for future events as Space City is a great club with alot of great members whom do anything for you. I see that you're in Pearland, Wanna meet up the Beir Garten some time for some ? I live in League City.

Quick Reply: 6th Annual Space City Corvette Club Dinner Cruise to the Top Water Grill !!!!