Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Fort Worth/Mid Cities tire repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 AM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Fort Worth/Mid Cities tire repair

Hi all. I posted the following in the general C6 forum as it gets more hits than the SW forum does, but figured I'd take the shot here as well.

I may have picked up a nail or something in my left rear Michelin Pilot Sport AS runflat. I would like to find a tire repair facility in the Fort Worth, TX area (specifically, the Mid Cities/Keller area) that will do a good job on a tire plug.

I really want to avoid an internal patch if possible as the installer who put the tires on goobered up two of my wheels. Ugh.

I want a facility that has the Hunter Roadforce balancer to rebalance the tire after the plug is installed.

Suggestions?

Mike
Old 07-25-2012, 02:48 PM
JohnTVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mbsigman
Hi all. I posted the following in the general C6 forum as it gets more hits than the SW forum does, but figured I'd take the shot here as well.

I may have picked up a nail or something in my left rear Michelin Pilot Sport AS runflat. I would like to find a tire repair facility in the Fort Worth, TX area (specifically, the Mid Cities/Keller area) that will do a good job on a tire plug.

I really want to avoid an internal patch if possible as the installer who put the tires on goobered up two of my wheels. Ugh.

I want a facility that has the Hunter Roadforce balancer to rebalance the tire after the plug is installed.

Suggestions?

Mike
Call Jackie Aldridge over at Texas Tire Sales. He's a Corvette guy himself.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
mbsigman
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi folks. Just wanted to give an update. This was copied from the C6 forum.

I spoke with David, the Asst Mgr at the Keller Discount Tire on 377. Made an appointment for 1100 today. I highly recommend making an appointment as the wait time for appointments is far shorter than the wait time for drop-ins.

Kyle was the tech who did the work, and he was spectacular. Did a great job. Very experienced (he's worked on Lambos and other exotics as well) and did a terrific job. I pointed out my jacking pucks (permanently installed) and he used the puck without hesitation. Patch/plug thing, used a plastic thing on the tire rod to preclude wheel damage. Tire balanced right up using the Hunter Road Force balancer. Drove it up to 75 and smooth as silk.

Here's the kicker: no charge. I expected to pay, and frankly, he did a good job and I wanted to pay. No charge. They wouldn't take any money from me. I'm sure many of you are aware that this is Discount Tire's policy, but I sure wasn't. All I wanted was my tire fixed without goobering up my wheel.

I gave Kyle a big honkin' tip anyway.

These people have made a customer for life.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else who picks up a !@#! nail in their tire.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Fort Worth/Mid Cities tire repair

Quick Reply: Fort Worth/Mid Cities tire repair