Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Your C5 Z had the stock suspension, right?

Do you have a GoPro? I'm thinking about getting one for bike riding. That's been my big thing since last summer, been bike riding to a few places, even rode Transmountain. Going up to Chicago in May to ride Lake Shore Drive.

Yep, gotta be patient and find the right one and pay cash for it. I still don't like the look of the rear on the C7. Rest of the car is perfection but those damn tail lights bother me.

Last edited by Edmond; 02-04-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:18 AM
hxrly
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock suspension, yes. Well, a bike does the trick. I have a GoPro but now with the built-in camera on the car I don't use it much anymore.

I felt the same about the taillights on the C7 until I actually saw it driving around, now I think they look great.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I saw the GoPro Hero 4 silver at the PX for $370. Was thinking about picking it up.

Are they easy to use?

I still don't like the rear end. I know it's functional but the tail lights just turn me off a lot. Say that in the C7 forum and guys will jump all over me saying "you can't afford one" blah blah blah.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:16 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by medic_343
Fairly new to the world of Corvettes (6 months), so I figured this would be the spot for my question (even though its not very active in here). Where do you guys take your car for dealership services? I live in Las Cruces but will probably end up in El Paso to get this headlamp recall taken care of.... So your feedback/reviews of dealerships would greatly appreciated. Thanks and cheers
Medic - when you call Rudolph, ask for Mario as your Service Rep. He is a "Car Guy". When you speak with him, request George "Shannon" Peevey do all your work. Shannon did my Slave Cylinder swap on my C5 and he knows his Corvette stuff. I am very picky who touches my Vettes and Shannon eased my fears. He pulled out the rear cradle, differential, transmission, and torgue tube in one whole section. (Not by the books, but is the most efficient method). I'd go back to Rudolph as long as Shannon was doing the work. They also have a huge service bay.

Harley - I just got back "home" to AZ and went to see an old buddy I haven't seen in almost a year. Heard you met up with him out at Bliss and had a few good runs on your way to Arroyo-Seco.

Hint: He was driving the silver C6 Z06 as featured in your PDR videos. Haha.

Small world.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 AM
hxrly
Racer

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Hint: He was driving the silver C6 Z06 as featured in your PDR videos. Haha..
Yeah, we got together when he came down and we cruised all the way to ASR and then he kept going to AZ. Great guy.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:50 PM
medic_343
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Medic - when you call Rudolph, ask for Mario as your Service Rep. He is a "Car Guy". When you speak with him, request George "Shannon" Peevey do all your work. Shannon did my Slave Cylinder swap on my C5 and he knows his Corvette stuff. I am very picky who touches my Vettes and Shannon eased my fears. He pulled out the rear cradle, differential, transmission, and torgue tube in one whole section. (Not by the books, but is the most efficient method). I'd go back to Rudolph as long as Shannon was doing the work. They also have a huge service bay.
Sounds good will do thank you...
Old 02-23-2015, 12:24 AM
hxrly
Racer

A bunch of beautiful cars came out to the meet yesterday.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Damn, wish I knew ahead of time, I would've rode down there, that's only a few miles from the house and I'm always looking to get some miles in.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:34 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi all! Happy to see some track people here in El Paso. I just recently got an 04 c5z and is about a weekend away from being ready for some ASR track time. Does anyone have a day picked out?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:46 PM
hxrly
Racer

ASR will have their Superlap on April 26, still have plenty of time until then. I should be there.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:57 PM
shftn7
Racer

Where is ASR. I should have a new Z06 here in a week or so. Coming in from GA.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

I'm not interested in the superlap, I'm just going to rent it.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:06 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Originally Posted by shftn7
Where is ASR. I should have a new Z06 here in a week or so. Coming in from GA.
East of Deming off 10.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:08 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

hxrly,

I seen you are turning approx. 3 sec a lap better with the c7. What tires were you on in the c5z? Did you have any handling or braking modifications?

Eric
Old 04-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Figure I'll try this here since it's just taking up space in my place.

Got rid of my '03 Z06 and I'm selling these items local only as I do not want to ship.

5 quarts of transmission fluid, 2 quarts of gear fluid and 1 tube of slip lock. You may or may not need to use the slip lock. Bought this back in November with the intention of drain-fill on my '03 Z06, never got around to it and ended up selling the car. All of it is unopened. Everything you need is here for a transmission and gear fluid change. New from Amsoil would be over $100 plus tax and shipping. I'm asking $65 FTF.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:09 AM
insertclevername
Instructor

Originally Posted by hxrly
ASR will have their Superlap on April 26, still have plenty of time until then. I should be there.
Okay I just seen that the first half of the day is lapping, so I'll be there on the 26th.

I'm going to rent the track either May 11, 12, 13. If anyone is interested in joining me and prefers one of those days over the other let me know. It will cost $100 a car the whole day. It would be perfect to get 3 or 5 of us out there.

Eric
Old 04-15-2015, 10:07 AM
hxrly
Racer

Originally Posted by insertclevername
hxrly,

I seen you are turning approx. 3 sec a lap better with the c7. What tires were you on in the c5z? Did you have any handling or braking modifications?

Eric
I was running the same tires in the same size, with more tire up front; Michelin PSS 285 squared on the C5. The C5 had headers and a tune with Stoptech brake pads.

Today I'm getting rid of the run-flats on the C7 and installing the regular PSS which should be lighter and should help my times.

I'm going to rent the track either May 11, 12, 13. If anyone is interested in joining me and prefers one of those days over the other let me know. It will cost $100 a car the whole day. It would be perfect to get 3 or 5 of us out there.

Eric
Put me down. I have a couple of friends who might be interested as well.

Get notified of new replies

To El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:30 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

I was running the same tires in the same size, with more tire up front; Michelin PSS 285 squared on the C5. The C5 had headers and a tune with Stoptech brake pads.
That's a good tire choice, I thought I seen that you had PSS front and what looked like a Nitto nt05 rear in one of those pics. It looked like you were working hard to get a good lap in the c5z.

Today I'm getting rid of the run-flats on the C7 and installing the regular PSS which should be lighter and should help my times.
Awesome, will be good to see the comparison, these run flats have gotten pretty good these days.

Put me down. I have a couple of friends who might be interested as well.
Okay great, is May 11 on Monday good?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 PM
medic_343
Instructor

Eric
Can I get some more details on this? I would be interested!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:01 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Originally Posted by medic_343
Can I get some more details on this? I would be interested!
Renting Arroyo Seco road course for a whole day (I don't yet know what a whole day is) is $100 a car no minimum but I think the cut off is five cars. I'm attempting to find out which of those days works best for those wanting to go. If I don't hear from those soon I'm going to rent on May 11, because I'll be on vacation, so I may rent more than once (this will be my first time there). This will keep the cars on track to a minimum so we can really take the time to learn the line, and narrow in on tire pressures etc. This won't be a race event, just a few of us driving our car to our limits. I do find it really fun to keep track of lap times, I use Racechrono and a 5/10hz bluetooth gps on my Android, it's very accurate.

Eric

Quick Reply: El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread