Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Experience with Corvette World in Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PMBoxcar46
Really ..... Anti freeze.... And you OWN a Corvette. .. get real... Buy a Supra..
And this statement has what to do with any experience at Corvette World Austin?

Yes, I own a Corvette and paid someone to drain and refill the coolant.

Buy a Supra?

Sounds like you missed your anger managment classes for the past year.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Guess I need to qualify. My comments above are specifically about the Austin location. I've had no experience w/ Dallas or Houston and cannot comment on them...
Old 11-27-2014, 12:10 PM
jeolesen
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by beepster
Guess I need to qualify. My comments above are specifically about the Austin location. I've had no experience w/ Dallas or Houston and cannot comment on them...
I have used the Dallas branch since I bought my Vette in April 14. I have been very happy with the work they have done and the service I have received. I always speak to Jeff Ames and he is very responsive.

Being a novice Vette owner I took my 2010 supercharged Grand Sport to them for a bumper to bumper inspection (bought the car elsewhere). They could easily have "found" all kinds of problems and charged me to fix them. But they didn't. Similar experience when the car one day ran at higher than usual coolant temp. Brought it to the shop. They identified a broken wire to the fan. Charged me next to nothing to replace wire.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:41 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I purchased a chevelle from them a couple years back. Very easy to deal with and good customer service.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by PMBoxcar46
Really ..... Anti freeze.... And you OWN a Corvette. .. get real... Buy a Supra..
Seriously?
Heck, I'd pay someone to flush my coolant system and dispose of the used coolant properly. Lighten up Francis.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:02 AM
triblk6spd
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozmo
Seriously?
Heck, I'd pay someone to flush my coolant system and dispose of the used coolant properly. Lighten up Francis.

Dang...me too. It's kind of a pain.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:17 PM
kazoo794
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I made my replies about the Austin Location and understand that the management there has changed. They weren't willing to help with my problem, though I had not taken a warranty out on my vehicle, I would expect it to have lasted more than 2 months or 5000 miles which unfortunately is what happened. The engine developed a cam wipe and it is costing me over $6000 to repair it. The engine had been modified with a stage 2 kit headers and Corsa exhaust installed. I could see where there were new tires on the rear which told me that maybe someone had been driving it pretty hard. I live in Maryland, I flew to Austin, TX and drove the car home, an easy 1,500 mile drive. I purchased the Vehicle June 2014 and was driving to Carlisle, Pa when I noticed the CEL started flashing. After three different opinions I finally decided to have a mechanic go into it and start the work. Prior to that I contacted "Corvette World" the Austin, TX office on several occasions to seek recourse and also to see if I could get any background information on the vehicle. I spoke with the business manager there (as he identified himself to me), and he put me off several times, promised to call me back and never did. Then after many times calling he finally told me that it was unethical for him to tell me anything about the previous owner of the vehicle or even for him to pass my name on the them and possibly have them to contact me. Well two important lessons learned from this:

1. NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM CORVETTE WORLD OF DALLAS, SPECIFICALLY THE AUSTIN, TX OFFICE!
2. Always buy a warranty with a vehicle, you never know how well it was taken care of prior to you getting it regardless of what the dealership says.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CWHPARTS
I can't say much for the other 2 stores because we here in houston have no control over them but would be happy to change your mind about Corvette World Houston. Yes ownership has changed but so has management (at least in houston). We are trying to put together a staff with strong integrity and focus on quality customer service. Really I cannot do anything to change past history at this store, what we can do is assure you that things have changed for the better and again customer service, customer satisfaction and quality are the top priorities at Corvette World Houston. It will not be possible to make everyone happy but we are willing to do anything within reason to insure customer satisfaction. If any of you have any questions please feel free to call, pm or email us any time.

Contacts for Corvette World Houston
General Manager-Chris Tine
Service Manager-Philip Martinez

Joe Wilkie
Corvette World Houston
281-821-1222
Not sure if these guys were running CW of Houston back in early 2013, but that is my one and only experience with CWoH. Had my eye on a vehicle that they had at the store that listed for $59,950. I called and spoke to someone there (can't remember who - sorry) and offered, I think, $55,000. They would not budge a SINGLE PENNY on the price. Told me they were only making $200 profit at the listed price, and if I thought I could do better, I should take my business elsewhere. Not really a "negative" experience, but I thought just a little odd way to treat a customer willing to drop over $50K on a car.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I DID end up shopping around and finding essentially the exact same car for the $55,000 price about a week later. About three weeks after that, I got a call from the salesman at CWoH offering to accept my original $55,000 bid. I simply told him that I took his advice and took my business elsewhere -- no hard feelings. Again, I wish I could remember the name of the CWoH salesman.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
If you're looking for alternatives try Jordan Motor Sports in San Antonio. I bought my GS from them last year. While they don't stock the amount of vettes that a corvette world does they deal in sport cars.

You didn't give a price range or what you were looking for but they have several vettes on their website.
Ask for Carter, he's a friend of mine and if he doesn't have what you want he's really good at finding it. He's not just a sales guy either, he's a real wrench and sports car guy that knows hot Vettes.(and Panteras) You can talk performance with him and he really does know what he's talking about.

Quick Reply: Experience with Corvette World in Austin?