Old 10-26-2013, 10:00 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Silverbullet00
There will be more than Vettes there as well. Everyone that wants to help out the Tots is welcome!
Awesome!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Corvette Friends!

There are two upcoming SWOCC events that I want to remind you about: The Toys for Tots Drive this Sunday, November 17, and the Lawton Christmas Parade on Saturday, November 23. I need to register us for the parade by this coming Friday afternoon and need to know who plans to participate (assuming the weather is good that evening). Please reply by this Friday, November 15, if you are planning to be in the parade.

TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE - Sunday, November 17, Rudy's BBQ in Norman, 4:00 p.m.

Good news! The rain chances that had been in the forecast for Sunday have dramatically decreased and the high temps that day should be in the lower to mid 70s! The plan is to meet at Advance Auto at the Cache Road/Sheridan Road intersection at 2:15 p.m. and be on the road by 2:30 p.m. Bring one, two, or a car load of new, unwrapped toys to help make Christmas special for some less fortunate children.

LAWTON CHRISTMAS PARADE - Saturday, November 23, 6:00 p.m.

The long range forecast looks good for this evening too! I am waiting for staging information, but once I have it, I will provide a meeting time. It would be great if we could all meet at the Advance Auto at the Cache Road/Sheridan Road intersection and then caravan to the staging area as a group. The theme of the parade this year is "It's a Wild West Christmas!" Feel free to drive your Corvette "as is" or to decorate it in the "Wild West" theme. Everyone is encouraged to use Christmas lights if possible, but this is not required. I will provide final details once I have the staging information. Remember to let me know by this Friday, November 15, if you plan on participating in the parade so I can reserve our place in the parade.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

PARADE STAGING INFORMATION:

We will meet at Advance Auto at 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, November 23. We will leave Advance Auto at 4:55 p.m. to caravan over to Lawton High School for parade staging. If you arrive after 5:00 p.m., you can meet us at Lawton High School, but it will be awesome if we all arrive together! It's going to be fun!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
Corvette Friends!

There are two upcoming SWOCC events that I want to remind you about: The Toys for Tots Drive this Sunday, November 17, and the Lawton Christmas Parade on Saturday, November 23. I need to register us for the parade by this coming Friday afternoon and need to know who plans to participate (assuming the weather is good that evening). Please reply by this Friday, November 15, if you are planning to be in the parade.

TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE - Sunday, November 17, Rudy's BBQ in Norman, 4:00 p.m.

Good news! The rain chances that had been in the forecast for Sunday have dramatically decreased and the high temps that day should be in the lower to mid 70s! The plan is to meet at Advance Auto at the Cache Road/Sheridan Road intersection at 2:15 p.m. and be on the road by 2:30 p.m. Bring one, two, or a car load of new, unwrapped toys to help make Christmas special for some less fortunate children.

The long range forecast looks good for this evening too! I am waiting for staging information, but once I have it, I will provide a meeting time. It would be great if we could all meet at the Advance Auto at the Cache Road/Sheridan Road intersection and then caravan to the staging area as a group. The theme of the parade this year is "It's a Wild West Christmas!" Feel free to drive your Corvette "as is" or to decorate it in the "Wild West" theme. Everyone is encouraged to use Christmas lights if possible, but this is not required. I will provide final details once I have the staging information. Remember to let me know by this Friday, November 15, if you plan on participating in the parade so I can reserve our place in the parade.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon!

Thanks for coming Sunday!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:38 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Thanks for coming Sunday!
Very excited about getting to participate!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:49 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

FINAL TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE UPDATE & A CHANGE FOR LAWTON CHRISTMAS PARADE

For those going on the Toys for Tots Drive tomorrow, it's going to be a great day for getting our Corvettes out on the road, and it's all for a great cause! And to top it all off, we're going to have mid 70s and sunshine! What a great November Sunday!

We're going to meet at Advance Auto at the Cache Road/Sheridan Road intersection at 2:15 p.m. and hit the road by 2:30 p.m. Bring one, two, or a car load of new, unwrapped toys to help make Christmas special for some less fortunate children.

We're registered for the parade and hopefully the winter weather potential next weekend will hold off until after the parade! I stopped by Jim Glover Chevrolet tonight to take a look at the new black Z51 Corvette they just got in and found out that they are having a canned food drive this month to benefit the Lawton Food Bank. I think it would be a good thing if we could contribute to the cause. So here's the plan...

We will now meet at Jim Glover Chevrolet in Lawton at 4:30 p.m. Bring a sack full of canned/non-perishable food items to donate to the Lawton Food Bank. We'll make a presentation of our food items and hopefully take a look at another of the new Corvettes that they are expecting to receive. We'll leave there at 4:45 p.m. to caravan over to the parade staging area at Lawton High School. Staging begins at 5:00 p.m. and the parade begins at 6:00 p.m. After the parade, those who wish to do so can grab some dinner together somewhere in Lawton.

By the way, I registered us for 7 cars, but it will be okay if we add a couple of more, so even if you weren't able to commit yet, please feel free to join in on the fun!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

See you all tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

See you all tomorrow!
Looking forward to it!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

You guys and gals were awesome today! Thanks so much! You helped make a bunch of kids thrilled next month!

Burnouts some of us talked about today:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...post1585455079
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

APPLICATION FOR NON-MEMBERSHIP
NON-CLUB CLUB

I, ____________________ SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO PAY NO DUES, NEVER TO VOTE ON ANY MATTER OR ACTIVITY, TO JUST SHOW UP WHENEVER MY PRESENCE IT NOT REQUIRED AT BUT IS ALLOWED, THAT I WILL NEVER COME TO ANY NON CLUB CLUB NON OFFICIAL ACTIVITY IN ANY CAR OR TRUCK THAT COULD BE DESIGNATED BY ANY OTHER NON CLUB CLUB NON MEMBER AS A "RICER". I FURTHER PLEDGE TO SCORN AND PHYSICALLY FIGHT IF DEEMED NECESSAY BY A NON VOTE OF THE MAJORITY OF NON MEMBERS ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY NON PREAPPROVED "UN" MEMBER TO NOT WANT TO BECOME A NON MEMBER IN THE NON CLUB CLUB WHO APPLYS FOR SAID NON MEMEBERSHIP IF SAID NON APPLICANT DOES NOT OWN AT LEAST ONE

CORVETTE.

SO HELP ME, BOWLING GREEN

SIGNED___________________ DATE_______________

Please print, sign and date, then destroy in a manner that leaves no evidence whatsoever!

THE NON CLUB CLUB of OKLAHOMA OR ANYWHERE

THE NONRULES AND WHYLAWS

SECTION ONE – THE NONRULES

1. There are no Rules!
2. See nonrule number 1.

SECTION TWO – THE WHYLAWS

1. The Whylaws are not needed but since they are required for some unknown reason we have agreed to not have the following:
a. No one shall be excluded from nonmembership unless they don’t own a Corvette, know someone who does, never wants to own one, or thinks that Corvettes suck.
b. Dues will not be accepted at any time! If you feel the need to buy something, buy a beer, lunch, dinner or a very expensive mod for another nonmember.
c. Compliments on a nonmember’s Vette are encouraged but not required unless you are trying to trick another nonmember into complying with 1.b. above. Then it might be a good idea.
d. Trash talking on the Corvette Forum, in person, or on any other semi-acceptable form of communication is very much encouraged, but, not required.
e. Modding of any Corvette is permissible at any time for any reason even if no one understands or agrees with the mod in nonquestion.
f. No votes are considered binding for any reason whatsoever for whatever the vote was taken for because,,,,,no votes can be counted because no voting will be allowed or recognized. See Nonrule number 1.
g. Aspirin is the recommended, but non required drug to ingest before reading further.
h. Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonevents are non sanctioned by anybody, any Body unless the nonmembers nonagree that it is cool to show up or not.
i. A fully nonsanctioned Non Club Club of Oklahoma event is defined as anytime one or more nonmembers do anything while doing that function within 10,000 miles of their Corvette or if the nonmember thinks about their Corvette within three and one half weeks of performing the aforementioned thing they were doing.
j. Any nonmember can be identified as driving or parking any Vette as either really clean or really filthy or anywhere in between at anytime unless it is real dark. Then, and only then, unless nobody cares or notices, can such identification and description be a matter of discussion or not.
k. Photographic evidence of Mods are encouraged but not required unless a nonmember throws the smiley face with the BS flag, either in person or on the Corvette Forum or other acceptable communication forum. In case of the noncompliance with this whylaw, nothing will be done, maybe.
l. Street Racing is Officially discouraged and will not be tolerated,,,,but will be graded.
m. At NO Time shall any nonmember not belong to the Non Club Club of Oklahoma unless at that time the nonmember secretly needs to not belong in order to save his or her life, or, get laid.
n. Ricer owners SUCK! Mostly.
o. Nonsanctioned Nonevents don’t count unless any nonmember wants them to, or not.
p. Never, and WE mean NEVER does any nonmember EVER,,,,,,, NEVERMIND!
q. Damn, we are only on q. Well we don’t like q. Or do we?
r. All attempts to increase RWHP or RWTQ are encouraged. But non required,,,,yeah right.
s. Pictures of Non Club Club of Oklahoma NonEvents are Nonsanctioned and cannot be sold, reproduced, copied, edited or given away without the expressed written consent of the pictured nonmember’s car or nonmember. Or not.
t. Really BAD pics can cause death or bodily harm to be inflicted on the photographer by a nonvote of the entire nonmembership.
u. Really tacky, drunken, sober, ugly or any where in between behavior will be noticed.
v. All nonmembers are nonrequired to have on their person or in their console enough quarters to wash their Vette just in case it needs it! Or not.
w. Nonmembers can never renounce their nonmembership unless they don’t have a Vette anymore, pledge to never own a Vette ever again, buy a RICER or decide to purchase a Ugo. In which case a special Non Club Club of Oklahoma nonmeeting will not be called to not decide whether or not the nonmember should lose his or her nonmembership status.
x. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as an accomplishment of any kind.
y. In no way should nonmembership in the Non Club Club of Oklahoma be considered as anything to be ashamed of. Unless, (see m. above) then it’s cool, or maybe just excusable.
z. Finally. See Below*

• Nothing on the previous pages means anything at all,,,,,,,,,,unless you want it to, and in that case don’t tell anyone because they won’t or shouldn’t care.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Thanks again for supporting the U.S.M.C. Toys for Tots Program!

Hope you guys and gals had a great and safe but not slow drive to Norman and back!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

You guys and gals were awesome today! Thanks so much! You helped make a bunch of kids thrilled next month!

Burnouts some of us talked about today:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...post1585455079
Thanks again for supporting the U.S.M.C. Toys for Tots Program!

Hope you guys and gals had a great and safe but not slow drive to Norman and back!
Thanks for the invitation! I think everyone had a good time and it was great meeting some of the NCCO members. I'm posting pics right now and will post a link once I have them uploaded.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

SWOCC & NCCO Toys for Tots Drive Pics

http://tinyurl.com/swocctoysfortots
Old 11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Due to weather concerns, the Lawton Christmas Parade has been rescheduled for Saturday, November 30.

The schedule will remain the same:

4:30 p.m. - Meet at Jim Glover Chevrolet (bring a sack or two of canned/non-perishable food items to donate to the Lawton Food Bank.

4:45 p.m. - Caravan from Jim Glover to Lawton High School.

5:00 p.m. - Parade staging at Lawton High School.

6:00 p.m. - Parade begins.

After the parade, those who wish to do so can grab some dinner together.

Hope to see a good number of you on the 30th...and hopefully the weather will be more cooperative.

Have a safe and fun weekend and Thanksgiving week!
Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello to all from Wichita Falls. Just wanted to say hi. 30 years ago I belonged to the Great Plains Corvette Association out of Lawton. I still have a club patch. At some point along the line the club broke up.

Over the years, several Lawton Corvette owners have been members of the Wichita County Corvette Assn. There are now 2 clubs here in W.F. Some of the folks here might be interested in getting together with you folks at some point. Would there be interest?

Glad you guys are going up there again.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Originally Posted by TexasMadMan
Hello to all from Wichita Falls. Just wanted to say hi. 30 years ago I belonged to the Great Plains Corvette Association out of Lawton. I still have a club patch. At some point along the line the club broke up.

Over the years, several Lawton Corvette owners have been members of the Wichita County Corvette Assn. There are now 2 clubs here in W.F. Some of the folks here might be interested in getting together with you folks at some point. Would there be interest?

Glad you guys are going up there again.
Thanks for the post! Yes, we'd love to get together sometime! And we're open to other clubs joining us for the events we participate in. We're going to have an all-Corvette show in the spring and would love to have everyone up from WF!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the fast reply. I will send you a message in a couple of days with some contact information.

btw, I just put in a facebook request to join your Lawton page.

Thanks,

Joe Martin

Get notified of new replies

To Southwest Oklahoma Corvette Club (SWOCC) - NEW CLUB

Old 11-23-2013, 12:18 AM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Originally Posted by TexasMadMan
Thanks for the fast reply. I will send you a message in a couple of days with some contact information.

btw, I just put in a facebook request to join your Lawton page.

Thanks,

Joe Martin
I just looked at our facebook page and it didn't show your request to join. Can you try it again?

Look forward to visiting with you!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

The 7th Annual NCCO All Corvette Charity Car Show date is June 21, 2014. You guys come to our show and we will come to yours, DEAL???
Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Silverbullet00
Race Director

Might have scored a glass top for the SB00. Will know is a day or two!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Southwest Oklahoma Corvette Club (SWOCC) - NEW CLUB