Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by acscogginjr
I feel that this offends me and I want congress to close the tail of the dragon. This way no one will feel the need to drive their cars fast and all racing will end!

Austin
Well that's just your White privilege talking.

Originally Posted by Duffman692002
Been going out there every April 7 years running, last year was the first w the vette. Had a ton of fun.
Hmm.. I'd be down for a trip in April. Vann, we need to make this happen. Caravan up, do the cabin thing, spend the weekend running the mountain passes.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Ronrico
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
How would you guys feel about a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon this fall?
I was actually planning a trip there this fall. I just came back from dropping my daughter off at college in NC about an hour from the Tail. Was hoping to take a drive out there in Sept. or Oct. if anyone else is down.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Duffman692002
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If yall are really interested I go out there for Deals Gap Rotary Rally, it's usually the 2nd weekend in April. 10-15 of us rent out a 3 story cabin for a week, bring more food than we can eat, and just chill out. Ya don't have to stay or take part in the event but there are some beautiful cars of every generation as well as a few early *** imports, so long as you contribute you can throw an air bed/sleeping bag in the corner.

Got some go pro videos from this year but I haven't cut me down, forgot till I was writing this.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM
acscogginjr
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I met a guy today, Keeley, with a C6 looking for a C6 aftermarket exhaust, pre 09 figment. Does anybody have anything for sale. I hopefully talked him into checking out the group sometime!

Austin
Old 08-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Keeley453
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axelback Needed!!

Hi everyone, I just met a gentleman (Austin) whom is in your group. He told me I should post on your site. I have a C6 Corvette 07 and need a set of used axelback ASAP. Prefer Borla, Corsa or BB but open to others. My Corsa fell of after a full suspension upgrade. Guess shop did not tight back good. Txt me what you have to 469-212-2365.. Oh, and cool logo, might have to meet you guys in September after I get back from cruise.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Keeley453
Hi everyone, I just met a gentleman (Austin) whom is in your group. He told me I should post on your site. I have a C6 Corvette 07 and need a set of used axelback ASAP. Prefer Borla, Corsa or BB but open to others. My Corsa fell of after a full suspension upgrade. Guess shop did not tight back good. Txt me what you have to 469-212-2365.. Oh, and cool logo, might have to meet you guys in September after I get back from cruise.
Hey Keely,
Looking forward to meeting you See our page 1 for where we meet on Sunday evenings at 6pm.

As for the Axel backs you need , check with my friend Matt at 21st Century, he may have some sitting around the shop that they will sell. His number is 972-417-7177.

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club/ [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/
Old 08-16-2015, 08:48 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Another great Sunday for a meet!! See everyone tonight at 6pm, Whiskey Cake parking lot Plano on the Dallas North Tollway , west side just North of Parker Rd.

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 08-16-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Default NDCC Dinner meet location

We will be going to MiCocina at Preston just before Spring Creek on the West side of Preston. Should be there around 6:45.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Remembered to get a photo after a few left the meet last night, didn't get one in the parking lot though!! LOL Dang!!
Welcome Elisabeth, Roberts Lady

Old 08-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Loving these cooler temps!! It's going to be nice for the meet Sunday

Old 08-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Duffman692002
Advanced

Nm.

Last edited by Duffman692002; 08-21-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Nm.

????
Old 08-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Well the nice temps didn't last long but they are not far away

See everyone tonight at the meet, 6pm, Whiskey Cake parking lot, in Plano on the Dallas North Tollway just north of Parker Rd on the west side of the tollway

Old 08-23-2015, 07:52 PM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heading to Razzoo's off Tollway for dinner!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Great turnout for the meet last night, 18 I believe Vann snapped some shots and hopefully will be posting soon. Welcome our 2 new member, Darrel- Shark Grey C7 and Darrin- Black C6 Z06.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Duffman692002
Advanced

Weeeeeellll mine tried to eat its self on Friday. Was coming home from work on the 121 service road when at a light I heard some sqeaking coming from the engine bay, pull off to investigate but nothing was obvious but I assumed it was probably the idler or perhaps the belt since that's where it sounded like it was coming from. By the time I got to 121/75 it had turned into a clatter and my immediate thought was the idler bearing is just about to let go. I was close to El Dorado Chevy so I swung by there to see if they had one in stock and as soon as the service tech heard the noise he had me shut it off. Said he has heard that before and it was valve train related. F@&$! Called me today and the tech says it's the cam and the sqeaking/knocking was the cam and rollers eating each other. They've statred tearing it down to point-of-failure today as per request of my warranty company, tomorrow I should be able to see what happened.

I really enjoy driving this car but between it leaving me stranded twice and now this I'm not very confident in this thing anymore. I don't beat on the car or race it, hell I haven't even done a burnout in it! Yet here it is down again. I've been doing some reading here and it's happened to others, even found a video of a car making the exact some sqeak mine did. Have to wait for an adjuster from my warranty company to come out, inspect, and approve my claim which makes me nervouse because idk what criteria they can use to deny it should they chose to do so. So now I wait and see, I'll snap some pics of everything once it's apart.

Sooooo if warranty co doesn't pay I'm out 6.5k for el dorado to fix it which I'm not paying. I'll rebuild the damn thing myself before doing that. That being said, LG Motorsports is right down the road from me and I've read good things. 21CMC isn't too far either and I know a few of you guys have used them. I have yet to contact either about pricing and I don't want more power, just better reliability. Mind sharing your experiences with either or suggesting someone else?

Thanks for reading my novella lol!
AJ
Old 08-26-2015, 06:04 PM
bad455ta
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

So sorry to hear that, I will say though, it's probably mad at you for being so nice! Not doing a burnout in your Vette is like...well, not doing a burnout in a Vette. You just do em!

On a more serious note, I know a lot of guys on here use 21st Century and have been very happy.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:58 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You can't go wrong with 21st or LG honestly. I have very very fast friends that use both shops. Matt (the tuner at 21st) is one of the better tuners locally. He won't blow your engine up chasing the last 5-10whp on the table. John (the owner) legitimately gives a damn about each customer that walks through his door. He is a man that values respect and his word. Few tuners are as stand up as he is.

LG puts out big number cars that are both fast and relatively reliable. I've never used them, but as stated many of my decently fast friends (9s+) are very very happy. They cost a bit more than the next guy, but you're paying for quality.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

AJ,
21st Century Muscle Car are the only people I trust in the area. I have used the others. The issue you are having is a manufacture defect of the LS7 so it should be covered in full. 21st Century is an authorized GM warranty service center. Speak with Matt if you need them and be sure you tell him that you got his information from me and are a member of our club for our discount. The Chevy dealer really should be able to put you back on the road again though.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:17 AM
VPP
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
Hmm.. I'd be down for a trip in April. Vann, we need to make this happen. Caravan up, do the cabin thing, spend the weekend running the mountain passes.
Would definitely be a great trip... if my wallet allows!

If yall are really interested I go out there for Deals Gap Rotary Rally, it's usually the 2nd weekend in April. 10-15 of us rent out a 3 story cabin for a week, bring more food than we can eat, and just chill out. Ya don't have to stay or take part in the event but there are some beautiful cars of every generation as well as a few early *** imports, so long as you contribute you can throw an air bed/sleeping bag in the corner.

Got some go pro videos from this year but I haven't cut me down, forgot till I was writing this.
The pics you posted from the cabin were awesome.. I'd definitely want to stay there!

Weeeeeellll mine tried to eat its self on Friday. Was coming home from work on the 121 service road when at a light I heard some sqeaking coming from the engine bay, pull off to investigate but nothing was obvious but I assumed it was probably the idler or perhaps the belt since that's where it sounded like it was coming from. By the time I got to 121/75 it had turned into a clatter and my immediate thought was the idler bearing is just about to let go. I was close to El Dorado Chevy so I swung by there to see if they had one in stock and as soon as the service tech heard the noise he had me shut it off. Said he has heard that before and it was valve train related. F@&$! Called me today and the tech says it's the cam and the sqeaking/knocking was the cam and rollers eating each other. They've statred tearing it down to point-of-failure today as per request of my warranty company, tomorrow I should be able to see what happened.

I really enjoy driving this car but between it leaving me stranded twice and now this I'm not very confident in this thing anymore. I don't beat on the car or race it, hell I haven't even done a burnout in it! Yet here it is down again. I've been doing some reading here and it's happened to others, even found a video of a car making the exact some sqeak mine did. Have to wait for an adjuster from my warranty company to come out, inspect, and approve my claim which makes me nervouse because idk what criteria they can use to deny it should they chose to do so. So now I wait and see, I'll snap some pics of everything once it's apart.

Sooooo if warranty co doesn't pay I'm out 6.5k for el dorado to fix it which I'm not paying. I'll rebuild the damn thing myself before doing that. That being said, LG Motorsports is right down the road from me and I've read good things. 21CMC isn't too far either and I know a few of you guys have used them. I have yet to contact either about pricing and I don't want more power, just better reliability. Mind sharing your experiences with either or suggesting someone else?

Thanks for reading my novella lol!
AJ
No bueno man! Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your Z! Glad you were able to get it into the shop before anything worse happened while driving at speed. Keep us posted on your claim and progress... you'll need her back in shape for Deals Gap! As for shops, 21st & LG are great shops, one more to consider would be Quality Motorsports in Lewisville, they've done excellent work on my car. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.