Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
It's available...surprised no one has taken it yet:

I'd take it, but I'd probably be told other people have cars that are shinier.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:09 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Well...you drive your car more than twice a week so....
Old 09-18-2014, 04:50 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
It's available...surprised no one has taken it yet:

Originally Posted by MBB
Well...you drive your car more than twice a week so....

Ed,, your car looks awesome with Zaino but I think Mother's or Maguire's would have done the same great job,,and we ALL know who would be making that false statement if you put that plate on your car However ,,,Honestly,,, I see no difference in a Zaino car and a Mother's or Maguire's polished car. I put Zaino on one of my fenders one time a few years back to see if it would be any different and I saw no difference, and no one else noticed either,, so why waste the money when I can get just as good a shine from a much less expensive brand?? Your car looks great, I just don't think Zaino is any better than the rest from my experience,, and they certainly overcharge for their product JMO

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-18-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:53 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

I agree^. Harry, I love meguairs, but their wax attracts a lot dust on my paint. Or is it just me?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Ed,, your car looks awesome with Zaino but I think Mother's or Maguire's would have done the same great job,,and we ALL know who would be making that false statement if you put that plate on your car However ,,,Honestly,,, I see no difference in a Zaino car and a Mother's or Maguire's polished car. I put Zaino on one of my fenders one time a few years back to see if it would be any different and I saw no difference, and no one else noticed either,, so why waste the money when I can get just as good a shine from a much less expensive brand?? Your car looks great, I just don't think Zaino is any better than the rest from my experience,, and they certainly overcharge for their product JMO
I actually do see quite a difference in the depth of the shine, but I have six coats of Zaino on now. Corey even made a comment on Sunday that my paint looked like it had pearl in it, but that was all Zaino. I used to use Meguiar's religiously and have been on every car I've owned since I was 16, but after using Zaino I switched. The shine and longevity doesn't even come close in comparison.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For some reason there is a crazy with Zaino here but I havent seen on professional detailer use it. And 95% of your shine/depth from from prep work (compounding/polishing). Doesnt matter much what your LSP is.

Vann how do you like your rupes!?!?!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
I agree^. Harry, I love meguairs, but their wax attracts a lot dust on my paint. Or is it just me?
Hey Grant,,I have used Mothers for the last couple years and I wax my car once a year whether it needs it or not Mine doesn't seem to retain dust but then I also use a California Duster before each ride

I actually do see quite a difference in the depth of the shine, but I have six coats of Zaino on now. Corey even made a comment on Sunday that my paint looked like it had pearl in it, but that was all Zaino. I used to use Meguiar's religiously and have been on every car I've owned since I was 16, but after using Zaino I switched. The shine and longevity doesn't even come close in comparison.
I always say, "What ever works best for you, is the best you can get" Yours does have a deep shine to it now

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club / [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/
Old 09-19-2014, 11:25 AM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer high speeds to remove the dust.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by shreded1
I prefer high speeds to remove the dust.
Totally Agree
Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 PM
shreded1
Racer

I was just at 21st to drop off a couple more black Corvette emblems for the front and rear. Matt said the motor is in route and it will be done by the Oct 3rd weekend or BEFORE!! Unfortunately, I will have a break in period and will have to behave myself. You trouble makers need not encourage me to stray!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

I was just at 21st to drop off a couple more black Corvette emblems for the front and rear. Matt said the motor is in route and it will be done by the Oct 3rd weekend or BEFORE!! Unfortunately, I will have a break in period and will have to behave myself. You trouble makers need not encourage me to stray!
Break in is very important! But the fun will begin as soon as you hit that point of, "last mile of break in" I'm anxious to see how bad you leave me in your dust
Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
shreded1
Racer

Dust for either of us will lead to more cash spent!!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Cathole
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is going to be really hard. I am sure it's going to drive u nuts having the break in period, I know it will me and it's not even my car. Can't wait.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by Cathole
That is going to be really hard. I am sure it's going to drive u nuts having the break in period, I know it will me and it's not even my car. Can't wait.
It has to be better then not having a Vette to drive.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Cathole
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has to be better then not having a Vette to drive.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:21 AM
VPP
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by envyz06
For some reason there is a crazy with Zaino here but I havent seen on professional detailer use it. And 95% of your shine/depth from from prep work (compounding/polishing). Doesnt matter much what your LSP is. Vann how do you like your rupes!?!?!
Haven't had the pleasure of using it yet! Maybe... hopefully... I'll get some free time next week. I've been insanely busy and I'm in dire need of a therapeutic detailing break!

ROAD TRIP!!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:24 AM
shreded1
Racer

I'm in Vann. It might be hard for me to stay off of a plane long enough to get behind the wheel.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Fun times at 21st Century Muscle Car today! Thomas and I met over there to let him meet Matt and turns out they were having a CTSV Dyno Day! The highest HP we saw was 718 RWHP before we had to leave
Old 09-20-2014, 07:31 PM
shreded1
Racer

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Fun times at 21st Century Muscle Car today! Thomas and I met over there to let him meet Matt and turns out they were having a CTSV Dyno Day! The highest HP we saw was 718 RWHP before we had to leave
Sounds like fun! Is Thomas going to get some work done? I hope that engine you saw in the crate has about that much HP.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Sounds like fun! Is Thomas going to get some work done? I hope that engine you saw in the crate has about that much HP.
Yes but I will let Thomas tell about his

On the engine in the crate,,I'm sure it does and then some !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.