Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 AM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TXVette435
Darn you right they are good, but not as good as Mila(my wife) does. Her's are real Czech kolaches learn and lived in Czechoslovakia.
Of course the founders of West, whose descendants still live in this town, immigrated to Texas directly from Czechoslovakia. So I guess you could say that West's kolaches are also authentic Czech pastries.

There are quite a number of Central Texas towns whose founders came to Texas from Central Europe in the mid-1800s, primarily from Germany, but also Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, etc. Had to do partly with the famines in Europe, as well as to newly settled Texas' favorable stance on immigration (laws that gave ownership of land to homesteaders).

Part of what makes Texas so interesting.

The Lizzard
Old 09-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Where did that come from Lee? Temple?
We think it was something on some of the new roads they were working on, it looked like small specks of concrete

I'm going to have to miss out on tonight's meet, and I spent a good part of yesterday cleaning my car up just so I wouldn't have to do it today.

One of the people on my team did not do his part of the team project again this week so it's just me and one other person trying to do the work of five people by ourselves. I'm going to be up very late tonight and probably again tomorrow night just trying to meet the deadline.

Thankfully I only have eight more days of this and then I am done. These people just don't understand priorities and my need for a Corvette fix.
I KNOW you are ready for school to be over, it has been a long time coming but it will be worth it when you have that Degree in your hand

Originally Posted by mystingray2014
im a new owner ,are the weekly meetings open for new owners ? thinking about showing up tonight .
Bill, it was really nice meeting you and Candace! Your White C7 is beautiful! That make 3 White ones and 1 Red C7 in our group Looking forward to more good times

Originally Posted by oyealiz
We were watching the game tonight. The one game of the year when I cheer against the Cowboys.

That went well.
I was totally surprised when the Cowgirls won!

Originally Posted by LoneStarLizzard
Of course the founders of West, whose descendants still live in this town, immigrated to Texas directly from Czechoslovakia. So I guess you could say that West's kolaches are also authentic Czech pastries.

There are quite a number of Central Texas towns whose founders came to Texas from Central Europe in the mid-1800s, primarily from Germany, but also Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary, etc. Had to do partly with the famines in Europe, as well as to newly settled Texas' favorable stance on immigration (laws that gave ownership of land to homesteaders).

Part of what makes Texas so interesting.

The Lizzard
Hey John, thanks for the History lesson Hookem Horns

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club / [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-30-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

NEWS FLASH
We are now at 41 members and 29 Vettes

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-30-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:56 AM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now there are 3 white ones to remind me of my original order. I'm glad that I ended up with red so, I'm not like everyone else.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
shreded1
Racer

How was Temple? Was there a good turn out for the children?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by shreded1
Now there are 3 white ones to remind me of my original order. I'm glad that I ended up with red so, I'm not like everyone else.
, Yep, you will not be like anyone else for sure even if you had gone with White

How was Temple? Was there a good turn out for the children?
Temple was pretty good! Had about 70 cars there and a few airplanes. They had a $10 per ticket raffle sale to ride in a BiPlane
and guess who won That was the coolest ride I have ever been on!

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-29-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 PM
shreded1
Racer

The pic was obviously before the ride, not a hair out of place! Sounds like a great turn out.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

The pic was obviously before the ride, not a hair out of place!
I'm betting it looked the same when he was done. Lee has some kick *** gel.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

The pic was obviously before the ride, not a hair out of place! Sounds like a great turn out.
I'm betting it looked the same when he was done. Lee has some kick *** gel.

No gel just a great hair spray called "Consort", I have used it since 1967 when I got my first Styled Haircut as they called it
Old 09-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

This weekend is the Good Guys Lone Star Nationals. I'm going , anyone else in? I was thinking Sunday maybe Saturday??

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-30-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
This weekend is the Good Guys Lone Star Nationals. I'm going , anyone else in? I was thinking Sunday maybe Saturday??

Saturday would be better; on Sunday many of the owners leave early, and we'd need to get there somewhat early if we plan on seeing everything. I promised Rylie that I would take her. She loved the one last year.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:22 AM
shreded1
Racer

I can go Sunday. I don't think I will be back early enough to make Sat.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:54 AM
ratt_finkel
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
Know it well! There is an autocross at TMS on Sunday. But I think I can be back and cleaned up by 6pm.
Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I actually didn't even get home until well after 6. And at that point, all I wanted to do was shower and eat. And then fall into a deep coma LOL

Really looking forward to meeting the group. And getting ingrained into the local, regional and larger corvette group. I'll keep an eye on this thread. And keep an eye out for me if you see me prowling the streets.

Jeremy Foley
Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 AM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't C&C this weekend? We could always go to that, grab breakfast and then head over to GoodGuys. Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by dustbusterplus
Isn't C&C this weekend? We could always go to that, grab breakfast and then head over to GoodGuys. Thoughts?
I know I can't make C&C, for what it's worth. My daughter won't get up that early.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:08 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I'll be there, but will probably get there 7:30 the latest.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Saturday would be better; on Sunday many of the owners leave early, and we'd need to get there somewhat early if we plan on seeing everything. I promised Rylie that I would take her. She loved the one last year.
Saturday or Sunday early was what I was thinking.

I can go Sunday. I don't think I will be back early enough to make Sat.
Will see if the guys will hold off till Sunday, actually Sunday would work for me but Saturday would allow a little more time.

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I actually didn't even get home until well after 6. And at that point, all I wanted to do was shower and eat. And then fall into a deep coma LOL

Really looking forward to meeting the group. And getting ingrained into the local, regional and larger corvette group. I'll keep an eye on this thread. And keep an eye out for me if you see me prowling the streets.

Jeremy Foley
No worries Jeremy, there is always next Sunday.

Originally Posted by dustbusterplus
Yes Dustin, but Good Guys takes precedence over C&C C&C will be there next month

I know I can't make C&C, for what it's worth. My daughter won't get up that early.
I have no plan to go to C&C this month, I'm going to skip it for Good Guys

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
I'll be there, but will probably get there 7:30 the latest.
Hey Grant, be where? If you are talking about C&C, you probably won't get in that late. They start closing the entrance about that time, however with Good Guys in town , there may not be a big turn out at C&C so you might be able to still get in , You never know

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 09-30-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Saturday or Sunday early was what I was thinking.

I have no plan to go to C&C this month, I'm going to skip it for Good Guys
This works for me, and knowing Rylie she'll enjoy the show even more going there in a caravan.

On another subject, I just got my grade back on the individual final I turned in yesterday. I scored a 100%! The teacher said that my paper was the best one he has seen for that assignment, and he's been teaching for decades.

At this point I have a C in the class even if I blow off the team final (worth 1/3 of my grade at 30 points!) that is due this week. The lowest GPA I could possibly get is a 3.90, which still makes me an honors graduate.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:52 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Harry, it's Brandon Yes, I was talking about the C&C. I hope the turnout will be good at C&C.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:41 PM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will see if the guys will hold off till Sunday, actually Sunday would work for me but Saturday would allow a little more time.

Yes Dustin, but Good Guys takes precedence over C&C C&C will be there next month
Actually I could make Sunday. I wasn't sure how early y'all wanted to get there since it's been nearly 10 years since I went out there for GoodGuys and can't remember when everything is going on.

I'd rather go to GG over C&C too, especially if it means I get to sleep a little later.

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.