Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
Sorry we were ghosts.. Melissa and I both have some kind of bug and we thought it best not to share.
Sorry you missed the meet Mike, tell Melissa hello and y'all get well soon

Originally Posted by Ronrico
Welcome Dave!

Sorry I missed out last night. Had to work til 6. Would have loved some Saltgrass too. Hopefully next week! I'm about to go out for a ride now since it looks pretty nice.
Hey Ron, did you change your Avatar??? What's up ? Sorry you couldn't make it too, of course you can always come late

Originally Posted by oyealiz
Welcome, Dave!

Sugar saw a little rain (ok alot) on the way in from Houston last night, but we made it in fine. (ie She didn't melt! ) Hope to see yall next Sunday!
I knew the car wouldn't melt Liz but I'm surprised you didn't I know, I know Kevin is LOL right now

Originally Posted by Diavel
Thanks Lee and all for such a warm welcome. I enjoyed the group and look forward to attending more meetings and events. Hopefully not too many more without my Corvette. The Jeep isn't hacking it!
Dave we are looking forward to seeing that shiny Black C7 soon BTW that is a pretty nice Grand Cherokee, might come in handy if one of us accidentally slides off into the mud somewhere

Gabe also called me, he was sorry he missed last Sunday too but will try for this Sunday

Ayman was working putting out fires, literally

Vann & Christen had just got back from Austin and were to tired from all the activities, so they couldn't make it either :

Dirty Harry "Lee" -Torch Red 03 Supercharged
North Dallas Corvette Club / [Founding Member]
http://ndcctx.com/

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 12-16-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:08 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,801 Posts

The new car is coming along nicely. I still have a lot of work to do but have a long list of parts on the way including an entirely new sound system from Dennis at Double D (head unit, 6 speakers, amp, subwoofer & associated wiring/connectors), Motegi MR107 wheels, a new center console lid (latch is broken on current one), and a Tiburon subwoofer box from the upgrade stereo system that my car didn't come with that tucks nicely into a corner in the trunk. I had the windows tinted the day before yesterday and got the alarm fixed so I now have working key fobs and alarm system, and I finally finished up the clay bar cleaning yesterday, which was a major job in itself.

I'm just hoping I have enough time to get everything installed by Sunday.

Edit- David, I spoke with my best friend in Arizona, and her three kids, all of which have been extremely active in the Tiburon community for many years now, and was told the SE version of the Tiburon had a "SE GT" upgrade that included a factory turbo. They own four Tiburons and are linked to multiple Tiburon clubs so I trust their information.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 12-17-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
The new car is coming along nicely. I still have a lot of work to do but have a long list of parts on the way including an entirely new sound system from Dennis at Double D (head unit, 6 speakers, amp, subwoofer & associated wiring/connectors), Motegi MR107 wheels, a new center console lid (latch is broken on current one), and a Tiburon subwoofer box from the upgrade stereo system that my car didn't come with that tucks nicely into a corner in the trunk. I had the windows tinted the day before yesterday and got the alarm fixed so I now have working key fobs and alarm system, and I finally finished up the clay bar cleaning yesterday, which was a major job in itself.

Edit- David, I spoke with my best friend in Arizona, and her three kids, all of which have been extremely active in the Tiburon community for many years now, and was told the SE version of the Tiburon had a "SE GT" upgrade that included a factory turbo. They own four Tiburons and are linked to multiple Tiburon clubs so I trust their information.
Looking forward to seeing the Tiburon, but looking forward even more to seeing that C6 you want.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Looking forward to seeing the Tiburon, but looking forward even more to seeing that C6 you want.
You and me both.

I was contacted yesterday by one of the companies in Arizona that I'd applied to. They wanted me to interview for a position in Tuscon, which is over three hours away from where I want to be out there. It seems the position I applied for is currently on hold; the guy said when it opens back up he'll be contacting me to set up a face-to-face interview.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

You and me both.

I was contacted yesterday by one of the companies in Arizona that I'd applied to. They wanted me to interview for a position in Tuscon, which is over three hours away from where I want to be out there. It seems the position I applied for is currently on hold; the guy said when it opens back up he'll be contacting me to set up a face-to-face interview.
Something good will come up, be patient if you can

Old 12-17-2014, 01:20 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Thats awesome.. Never knew they made a Turbo.. Very rare for sure.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Ed here is a link,,, Hyundai never produced a Turbo Tiburon... Do a google search https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5112256AAfPv2a They have a Tiburon Forum too... All Turbos were aftermarket. Talk to those kids. Info is 100% incorrect.. Kind of scary that they do not know this, being extremely involved.

Last edited by David426; 12-17-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Ronrico
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry

Hey Ron, did you change your Avatar??? What's up ? Sorry you couldn't make it too, of course you can always come late

I didn't change my avatar that I know of...what are you seeing
Yeah I suppose I could have come a little late but it
really started pouring. And you already know about our cars melting in the rain and all that
Old 12-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ronrico
I didn't change my avatar that I know of...what are you seeing
Yeah I suppose I could have come a little late but it
really started pouring. And you already know about our cars melting in the rain and all that
For some reason I don't remember that photo as your Avatar

Old 12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by David426
Ed here is a link,,, Hyundai never produced a Turbo Tiburon... Do a google search https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5112256AAfPv2a They have a Tiburon Forum too... All Turbos were aftermarket. Talk to those kids. Info is 100% incorrect.. Kind of scary that they do not know this, being extremely involved.
Since you went out of your way to be rude David, why don't we just drop it now. I'll listen to the people who have actually owned the cars for 10 years, and you listen to the people who post on Yahoo Answers.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Just a quick note to the North Dallas Corvette Club members:

I will not be able to be there for this Sunday's meet I will be at my brothers home for our family Christmas I want to wish all of our members a very Merry Christmas and will see y'all after Christmas

Vann, do you plan on being there this Sunday??

Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 PM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a great weekend Lee. I guess now would be a good time to see if anyone is planning on meeting this weekend. I'm planning on it but, would like others to post on their plans.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:20 AM
dustbusterplus
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've gotta pick up a gun in Frisco on Sunday and was planning to make it out to the meet while I was up in the area.

Enjoy your weekend Lee.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by shreded1
Have a great weekend Lee. I guess now would be a good time to see if anyone is planning on meeting this weekend. I'm planning on it but, would like others to post on their plans.
Originally Posted by dustbusterplus
I've gotta pick up a gun in Frisco on Sunday and was planning to make it out to the meet while I was up in the area.

Enjoy your weekend Lee.
I talked to Vann today and he said he plans to make it Sunday

Old 12-20-2014, 11:54 AM
VPP
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there tomorrow!

The sun should come back out a little bit so hopefully it'll be a nice day for driving See y'all tomorrow at 6!!

-
VPP
Old 12-20-2014, 01:22 PM
shreded1
Racer

Looking forward to seeing you.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Diavel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shreded1
90% sure I'll be there. Got the Vette delivered today (it went quicker then I thought), so I can bring it out to meet everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:27 PM
shreded1
Racer

90% sure I'll be there. Got the Vette delivered today (it went quicker then I thought), so I can bring it out to meet everyone.
Excellent!!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

That's Awesome news Dave

Wish I was able to come, dang

Y'all have a good dinner and Paula and I will see you next Sunday!!

Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of you corvette fans.
Attachment 48369716

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.