New Vendor : D3 Performance Engineering of Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:25 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default New Vendor : D3 Performance Engineering of Houston, TX

Hi Corvette Forum members!

We've been lurking on here for a few weeks and wanted to make an introductory thread before we start posting after we have chosen to sign up here on Corvette Forum becoming a vendor and a more active member of the community.

Most people know us because of our tuning and fabrication, you have probably seen vehicles that we have had the pleasure of building or working on. We are based out of Houston with a small, but extremely experienced and dedicated team of about 10, operating out of our 5,600 square foot climate-controlled fabrication, tuning, and motorsport wiring facility on the North West side of Houston.

We have a team of three full-time fabricators, led by Owner David Donnals, two technicians specifically for motorsport wiring and engine management installation ( We are authorized dealers for MoTec, Pro EFI, as well as Diablosport, HP Tuners, etc.).

We also are very proud to have Owner Chris Delgado as the full-time tuner, and he also has an additional tuner that works alongside of him make up our tuning and calibration department.

With the leadership of active owners, experienced aftermarket service technicians and full-time engineering department are excited to become a part of this online community, and look forward to helping serve some of the desires for reliable, well thought out high-horsepower Corvettes and other high performance vehicles in the Houston area.

We offer everything from dyno tunes, to full turn-key builds, cam packages, superchargers, turbo systems, and we can also make any custom fabrication you can think of become a reality.

We are one of the largest dealers for Pro EFI, we also sell products from fantastic companies like AMS, Precision Turbo, MoTec, Injector Dynamics, and many more, and we fabricate 100% of our D3PE line of products in house with materials sourced in the USA.

Here are a few photos of our shop:

Our dyno bay area:

Our climate controlled fabrication area and some of our equipment:

Our motorsport wiring and service area:

Our fabrication area:

Twin-Turbo LSx Infiniti G35 we're currently working on:

Scott's C6Z06 with a Pro EFI 128 System being installed with Nitrous Controllers:

Mark's C5Z06 Nitrous and Fuel control wiring and bracket/panels:

Plug and Pin Pro EFI 128 system for the Twin-Turbo LSx Infiniti G35:

Twin-Turbo Ferrari F430 system:

And some random photos of our fabrication:

MoTec C125 Display bezel for Ferrari F430:

Anyways, we look forward to posting more of some of our projects here at D3PE, and seeing you at events. We are always excited to have the opportunity to visit with fellow car enthusiast and show off our facility and work, so feel free to come by and check us out if you're in Houston, or even by following us along on Facebook!

We will also be posting random project updates to this thread. Again we look forward to immersing in this community and hope to see some of you around!

Last edited by D3PE; 09-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 PM
ZFLASH
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14, '16

D*mn,ya'll are right down the road from me. Good to know,how long have ya'll been in business and do ya'll do LS swaps into older ('55 Ford p/u) cars. Thanks,L8R ZFLASH
Old 09-05-2014, 11:15 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Zflash,

We can swap just about anything into anything, swing by and check us out or contact us, Sales@D3PerformanceEngineering.com

Here is a video of our shop, also don't forget to come to our open house and meet tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSELZj3N-k#t=93

Link to the open house thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gineering.html

Hope to see some of you at the meet!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice detailed pics!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can say first hand these guys are top notch and build some KILLER ****.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
I can say first hand these guys are top notch and build some KILLER ****.
This is significant praise, and is coming from someone who has intimate knowledge of the Houston high performance scene.

Welcome to the new vendor, D3.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Thanks guys, we look forward to being more involved and posting more of what we do here in the near future, as well as hosting more meets.

If you haven't already, make sure to swing by our Facebook page and follow us on there!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go in for a dyno tune tomorrow. I got plenty of questions and maybe you guys can fabricate a top cover and a air dam below.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this the same Chris Delgado from SSA and the old ectune testing days?
Old 09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Stevensa, yes sir!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Awesome, great to know he is still in Houston. I may have to come use the dyno in the next month or so for NASA classing.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 AM
silvrhand
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

really wish someone would open a decent performance shop on the SOUTH side of town.. England Green is the only repuatable one that I know of and they are packed.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

StevenSA, just let me know! We're typically booked up for appointments at least two weeks in advance if you need a tune. If you just need a pull for NASA, unfortunately we have a linked all-wheel drive DynoCom dyno, but NASA requires a very specific DynoJet that has been calibrated by DynoJet within a certain time frame, so we can't do that, but I hear Fast Automotive is where most the CMC/American Iron guys go to get their dyno sheet, but either way come by and check out the shop!

Silvrhand, a lot of us live in this area so that's why we're here, thanks for the compliment though!

Last edited by D3PE; 09-11-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by D3PE
StevenSA, just let me know! We're typically booked up for appointments at least two weeks in advance if you need a tune. If you just need a pull for NASA, unfortunately we don't have a DynoJet so we can't do that, but I hear Fast Automotive is where most the CMC/American Iron guys go to get their dyno sheet, but either way come by and check out the shop!

Silvrhand, a lot of us live in this area so that's why we're here, thanks for the compliment though!
Thanks for the info!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:01 AM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

power fab auto also has a dynojet.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 AM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

I believe they do as well, great group of guys over there too!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by D3PE
StevenSA, just let me know! We're typically booked up for appointments at least two weeks in advance if you need a tune. If you just need a pull for NASA, unfortunately we have a linked all-wheel drive DynoCom dyno, but NASA requires a very specific DynoJet that has been calibrated by DynoJet within a certain time frame, so we can't do that, but I hear Fast Automotive is where most the CMC/American Iron guys go to get their dyno sheet, but either way come by and check out the shop!

I'll have to check about DynoCom, but non dynojet dynos such as a mustang are accepted, just have to use a multiplier to make the hp dynojet equivalent.

Is the DynoCom load bearing similar to a mustang? I have no experience with this brand/model.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Stevensa,

The DynoCom has some pretty advanced features that we use, as well as a link setup so we can make sure the front wheels are rolling on two-wheel-drive cars that require that (the new MP4-12C, Ferrari, and AMG cars are all like this), it's somewhat similar to the DynoJet.

A few years ago when I was looking at getting into CMC they were pretty strict on the DynoJet or nothing policy, good to know!

Check out the information on DynoCom on their site, we also like them because they are based out of Ft. Worth, and we love supporting local business.

http://www.dynocom.net/

Get notified of new replies

To New Vendor : D3 Performance Engineering of Houston, TX

Quick Reply: New Vendor : D3 Performance Engineering of Houston, TX