Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

San Antonio gatherings?

Old 10-01-2014, 10:46 AM
1sicVette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio gatherings?

Hi,

Just a quick question. Are there any Corvette meet up's in San Antonio? How about weekend road trips, events, etc?

Wasn't able to find anything, only seems to be Dallas and Houston. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:11 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

Every Friday evening at Biff's off IH-35 and Topperwein, behind the Carl's JR. and Whataburger. It starts around 6 and goes to 9-10pm, parking cost is $5 and you can use it in Biff's for food.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:57 AM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sicVette
Hi,

Just a quick question. Are there any Corvette meet up's in San Antonio? How about weekend road trips, events, etc?

Wasn't able to find anything, only seems to be Dallas and Houston. Thanks!
In Austin: Centexcruises (on facebook) its all makes and models always seems to be a good turn out on vettes. Marc updates all the time. Next run Thursday Oct 9th 6:30 pm Anderson Mill Road, Cedar Park, TX
Old 10-06-2014, 11:40 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,335 Likes on 881 Posts

I don't know of anything that is strictly corvette. If that is what you are looking for look at the San Antonio corvette club or the Texas corvette club event calendars.

As Peter Pan said there is a "all" car gathering every Friday night at Biffs. I just learned about an all car type gathering at Wommack Chevrolet in Castroville on the second Friday night of the month which is this Friday.

Then there's the "cars and coffee" or what ever the name is now at the Rim (I-10west & 1604) by the Lowe's parking lot. That happens on the second Saturday morning of the month which is this Saturday.

There's a hot rod show in Boerne at Soda Pops on certain Saturday nights. Check their website for the dates.

There's a gathering of cars at a Texaco Gas station on Hwy 151 & Potranco road every Saturday evening. Don't know the official name of this event but it's okay. Cool cars early 6-7 pm, but usually turns into a low rider / import car show as the evening goes. Ends around 9:30~10 pm
Old 10-13-2014, 07:44 AM
1sicVette
Heel & Toe

Default SAT Gatherings

This is great, I've been wanting to see some local car gatherings or car shows. It doesn't have to be all Corvette, that was mainly for any road cruises that may be going on. I'm going to start attending each of these events. If you all could keep updating this thread I would appreciate it. I actually stumbled upon the Castroville car show because of a wedding rehearsal I attended out in Castroville that night. That is a huge gathering and very nice event. Thank you for all the responses!
Old 10-13-2014, 02:12 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

I attended the car show at Wommack Chevrolet in Castroville this past Friday. I was surprised at the amount of cars and really the quality of the cars. A lot of old hot rods, some late model vettes, Camaros, mustangs, etc. We had a great time and will be going back.

I was disappointed that it rained Saturday morning, as I look forward to the cars and coffee show. It seems like there's bad weather every time that show is schedule.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 PM
1sicVette
Heel & Toe

Yeah I plan to go in November, 2nd Friday of every month sounds good to me. If there any more events that go on around San Antonio keep me posted, thanks guys!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:19 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

I got a flyer from the Rivercity Corvette Car Club advertising their 1st annual Christmas Toy Benefit Raffle, and thought I would post it here. I'm not affiliated with the club.

It is on November 15th, 2014 on 1619 Bandera Road from 7pm to 11 pm.

It says all car clubs are welcome.

I'm wondering if I should make a new thread just for this event?
Old 10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
DefMunkie
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm burnt out on Biff's.

There is the Third Thursday Car meet.
Third Thursday of every month we meet at Stonewerks at the Rim around 9-9:30pm. Last night was decent.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/810907068940081/
Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM
1sicVette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by jbc1995fb
I got a flyer from the Rivercity Corvette Car Club advertising their 1st annual Christmas Toy Benefit Raffle, and thought I would post it here. I'm not affiliated with the club.

It is on November 15th, 2014 on 1619 Bandera Road from 7pm to 11 pm.

It says all car clubs are welcome.

I'm wondering if I should make a new thread just for this event?
I think this spot is good enough, but up to you. I'm open to any meet up's. I haven't really gone to any, kind of got out the game. Use to have a C6 but now I have a C4 convertible. I'll be joining some of these events you all have posted. SAT Vettes need to meet up more often.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 PM
1sicVette
Heel & Toe

Headed to a toys for tots meet up at rolling oaks mall this Saturday. Supposedly a car show as well, have one of my friends heading out there with his car club. I'm going to check it out, weather seems to be good. Starts at 8am ends at 1pm

Get notified of new replies

To San Antonio gatherings?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: San Antonio gatherings?