Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Austin Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:08 PM
TXSB
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Austin Service

Hello, looking for some advise for a good dealership in Austin to take my C7 Z51 for service. Thanks for any input.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:12 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Good luck finding good Dealer Service Dept. I've had 2 C6's since '05. All bought and serviced in Austin and won't recommend any of the 4 Dealers I've tried.

The best of the group has a really stupid phone tree, to get service you have to talk to the main number, she connects you to an answering machine that asks for your number for a call back. Just what I want, wait for a call back to make an appointment.

The way I got lucky with the good service there once is I drove in without calling for an appontment and they did my differential fluid change on my '08 while I waited.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like everybody in the Austin area feels the same as I do. No Dealer is worth recommending.

Really a sad situation, all the GM dealers in the area, all the Corvettes in the area and NO recommendations!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:41 AM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to report that Autonation was no joy for me. Have a shifter popping out of second gear. Took it in twice, but can't replicate the issue, as it happens more when the car is cold. They won't look into it (pull the transmission) until it fails. Shame. Got the national level service guys involved, and they were nice, but only referred me to other dealers who will no doubt say the same thing. Time to learn to work on transmissions, I guess. Wish I could help.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:37 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

stock shifter? have you pulled the console, checked the shift lever, shift box, linkage, etc under the closeout boot? I bought a MGW way back when and had issues and returned it. when i installed the stock shifter i found there was still a little slop that can make shifting interesting if it's not adjusted right.

and to the OP, I never tried any of the local dealers, but the only guy that was remotely on the same page as me was named John and he was a corvette tech at capitol, this was back in 08 so who knows if he's still around. the guys will work on anything, but if the service manager doesn't see dollar signs or a painless warranty reimbursement from chevy then usually they won't touch it.

Last time I delt with capitol they basically told me If I was going to buy another corvette, to take my business elsewheres.

Last edited by MarkRx; 11-17-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:22 PM
TXSB
Cruising

Thanks for the input, I was afraid this would be the case. So other than a dealership, any recommendations where to go for service around town?
Old 11-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I've had a couple of good experiences with Capitol Chevrolet for warranty work on my C6. David (not Lee) Roth was my service advisor.

Good luck
Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM
TXSB
Cruising

Thanks again
Old 12-17-2014, 11:47 AM
TXBubba
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribe. Hoping to find a place to take my C7 Z06.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Tex_Vette
Just Passin' Thru

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I've had good service from....

You might try Aikman Performance Tuning in Cedar Park. Obviously not factory dealership service, but they have plenty of C5/C6 experience, along with other performance cars. Jerry and Stacey Aikman own and run the place and they are always glad to take a look. I've had great luck with them. Their website is at:

http://aikmanperformance.com

Get notified of new replies

To Austin Service

Quick Reply: Austin Service