Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Courtesy Delivery in Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Z33 to a C6
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Courtesy Delivery in Houston area

I'm thinking about ordering a C7 from an out of state forum dealer. Does anyone know of any Houston area dealerships who accept a courtesy delivery? And how much do they charge?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:49 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

reading your post took me down memory lane when I would have my cars shipped this way. I can't help you in the h-town area but i've had quotes from $150 to $1000 here in austin. make sure you are specific on how you want them to handle the car when it arrives. the last place I had them install the front lip spoiler and that was it. they adjusted the tire pressure and made sure there were no check engine lights and I was out the door. I removed all the plastic myself.

most dealers are under the impression they need to do a full PDI, send it to make ready, and assign a sales person to sit with you for an hour to go over all the features and functions of the car. if you eliminate all of this they will charge you a lot less. make sure they are very clear that if they mount the front license plate bracket or drill holes they will eat the repair bill

If you like to detail your own car, I strongly recommend removing the plastic on the hood and fenders yourself. i've watched some dealers use their fingernails, then follow up with a quick rinse, followed by a cheap spray cleaner wax all while using a dirty terry cloth. ever watch one of these porters in the back of a dealership "clean" a car? most use the same rag on the glass, body, wheels, etc... my 1st car (white 08 z51) was covered in micro marring. this is what got me into detailing and learning what was what out there. some quick passes of menzerna fixed this but the whole thing can be avoided. take pictures when you arrive. I always take a photo from where I am standing when i first lay eyes on my new car. it's funny, i act like it's a new born child and i plan to keep her for ever but i usually sell within 1-3 years enjoy the new ride!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:25 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

My brother just did this and he is from H-town. Send him a pm and get the details. Houston C7
Old 12-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Houston C7
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
My brother just did this and he is from H-town. Send him a pm and get the details. Houston C7
Sure did. I used Strickland in Pearland. Only charged $75. Not a typo; only $75 for their fee. Inspection is the same wherever you go. Was willing to do title and license at cost as well.

I found several others when I was looking, but they both wanted MUCH more for their fee.

Satisfied, and would use Strickland again.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery in Houston area

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery in Houston area